Nameless Guardians' Hidden Treasure

Can you see this 'egg' listed when you view 'Last Opponent' in the Skills Window? Just wondering if I need to grab a pic of this too :)

got one in post #28 Knuckles. but if we need a better one?

Yeah I'll need a bigger pic of the stats (and one of the egg too). I'm still a few weeks away from reaching there. Right now I'm in the Swamp cataloging enemies. So I still have the Desert, Jungle, Dryad and Wasteland to do before worrying about this. If I have an issue getting a pic I may need one of you to get one for me

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying that Guardians come before the egg?

Hmm

You can see the egg and the guardians (transparent) when you enter in the room.

If you kill the egg before the 4 guardians, they will stay transparent (no shield - and you cannot kill them)

I'll try to do a vid.

Vid is done :

http://fr.xfire.com/video/20fed0/

20fed0-4.jpg

You can see here that if there is no egg, there is no guardians.

Great technique. lol, no need to kill guardians...just redo the egg and over and over?

Is there any way to make guardians come alive if you have killed the egg first?

If we had weak lower level toons , could we use the over the door technique to lob volleys over to the egg then run in fast then out ad still have a chance at getting sweet drops>?

:)

gogo

Great technique. lol, no need to kill guardians...just redo the egg and over and over?

We can do this. But, it's a bit hard to find the good angle to start attacking. :)

Is there any way to make guardians come alive if you have killed the egg first?

No.

If we had weak lower level toons , could we use the over the door technique to lob volleys over to the egg then run in fast then out ad still have a chance at getting sweet drops>?

If you don't enter in the room, the egg will not spawn the 1st guardian. So if you kill the egg first, from the door, you can get your loot without being attacked. (be careful with temple guardians generators.) ^^

Hope it help. :)

This is great info actually. We're talking about an "angle" here that maybe others can use to their advantage. Just seeing someone use ranged over the walls while the guardians are sleeping is an eye opener.

gogo

I have done a mistake, now I know : the T-egg is not a t-energy type boss, but a mechanical type boss, like Khral.

I remember that we can drop mechanical parts trophy on it. :)

So are you saying that Guardians come before the egg?

I got it even if no-one else did...

IIRC, the Heart of the Machine was a targetable enemy in the early beta, since the boss cam would focus on it after each Guardian kill.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Surely there must be a way... something that can be figgered out for functionality... trick, or Combat Art... ?

Shame if it works for console and alll you can do is stare at a legendary while it glitters it`s taunt.

owch

gogo

So I decided to try the egg again, and managed to kill it... without life leech! Using Firey Ember seemed to do the trick for PS3 playing, although collecting the loot will take some more work. I tried using Propelled Levitation and managed to get close enought that my pickup all ring SHOULD'VE gotten the loot! No dice. The gold and everything else just sat there and taunted me. This was in Silver, Guardians were level 76, looked in the last opponent screen, and the egg's HP was 1, with 136 attack value, 0 defense, and no damage or armour ratings (level 75). Yet it took 7-10 Firey Ember activations to poach the egg? I did it twice, just because I was pressed for time, so I'll figure out more detail later.

I :( console glitches... :)

Gogo, was there a particular Combat Art you had in mind, since my original thought of a "jump" Combat Art doesn't seem to be panning out. I still gotta try all sorts of weird controller button pushes, etc.

Was a good thing that a legendary/4 star item didn't drop then as that would have been a cruel joke to see it just vanishes due to the non-pickup issue.

A tip, see how much damage you're doing on the egg.

Use the free camera with the mod: Camera mod

Go as far u can, and u'll see the entire egg, and at the top of it, the damage you're causing, it's good for a best choose of weapon too.

Go as far u can, and u'll see the entire egg, and at the top of it, the damage you're causing, it's good for a best choose of weapon too.

REALLY cool this Valkhan! I was always wondering what we're doing for damage...omgod, now all I wanna do is calc damage and see how many hp the egg has... did you see btw about how much it's taking at what level for you?

gogo

Was a good thing that a legendary/4 star item didn't drop then as that would have been a cruel joke to see it just vanishes due to the non-pickup issue.

As I see it, if there was one there, then I would know where I was on the "dangerclass 10" counter! :bounce: another 500 to go, eh?

Fully not expecting to ever get 4-star to drop on my PS3. Reverse psychology against Karma. Oops, did I just ruin it?

REALLY cool this Valkhan! I was always wondering what we're doing for damage...omgod, now all I wanna do is calc damage and see how many hp the egg has... did you see btw about how much it's taking at what level for you?

:bounce:

gogo

sac3fa-20100202-190152-1.png

At leve 90 it isn't that many hp. but LL is the only thing I have seen that will do any damage.

• 3 months later...
Hi guys, sorry for reviving this thread again. Has anyone managed to find out how players on xbox360 can pick up the items dropped by the egg? I am really at my wit's end.. Thanks in advance guys..

I'm pretty sure I've come as close as possible with the consoles... using the Temple Guardian's Propelled levitation to "jump" over the egg's "spot". Hitting the collect all button while flying over, even though the items were well inside the circle, did not get them.

AFAIK, they cannot ever be picked up on the console... probably best not to kill the egg while farming in case a legendary does drop...

I was thinking for us console users. What about if we used shadow step to teleport into the ring of the ball. Can anybody try it out and see if you can shadow step in there? That would be an awesome deal if we could. In that case if its possible would have to start my HE again considering I had to start over due to a thief. Let me know guys this would be awesome. Any response is greatly appreciated.

I was thinking for us console users. What about if we used shadow step to teleport into the ring of the ball. Can anybody try it out and see if you can shadow step in there? That would be an awesome deal if we could. In that case if its possible would have to start my HE again considering I had to start over due to a thief. Let me know guys this would be awesome. Any response is greatly appreciated.

You cannot target the "area" the egg was, with any CA. Well, you can position the "target" in there, but the CA will fizzle when you release the button.

I have covered every toon trying to get the egg's golden treasure.... TG with Levitation was the only one that even gave me a glimmer of hope. Then I tested the crap outta him to get it, but to no avail.

Sorry, no supersize T-energy omlettes for consolers. Hopefully someone will prove me wrong about this!

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Yeap I have tried using my Elf's and Dryad's teleporting moves from one side to the other and spamming the LB button to try and pick up items but to no avail.

And standing on the 'eggbase' when u kill the 'egg' does seem to get me in range to pick up the items but the LB button does not work! I dont see the items picking green circle appear at all no matter how many times I press it. Only when I get off the base does it work again but alas, out of range.

I even tried holding on to the button which my raging nimbus was assigned to (u can hold it and a cursor will appear, allowing u to choose a location to cast), and move the cursor over the items and press LB. No luck.

I have tried all button combinations trying to achieve the PC's ALT+Left Click effect and none works.

Sigh... I guess console players are screwed out of the egg's drops..

Yeap I have tried using my Elf's and Dryad's teleporting moves from one side to the other and spamming the LB button to try and pick up items but to no avail.

And the SW's Vault / TG's Levitation / seraphim's "jump" can get the drops inside the pickup circle, but doesn't pick them up.

I even tried holding on to the button which my raging nimbus was assigned to (u can hold it and a cursor will appear, allowing u to choose a location to cast), and move the cursor over the items and press LB. No luck.

I have tried all button combinations trying to achieve the PC's ALT+Left Click effect and none works.

D'OH! I hadn't thought that trick. Good thinking 8) But considering they couldn't get trophies to be hot-keyed, I am surprised there are not more PC tricks we don't have.