How does % of map revealed affect game?

O.k. I've read a whole pile of threads, and a few touch on this topic. I am currently 130 DS Area of Effect Temple Guardian and am in the process of mfing to gain levels/items. I read in a thread the other day how the percentage of map revealed affects drop rate ot somesuch, is this true, does anyone have any info. Plus I am on the PS3 so if it does affect anything does it do the same on consoles? Any info would be great thanks!

Well the sacred wiki says the following:

"Map Revealed" is a statistic in Sacred 2 that increases as a character explores Ancaria. 25% of it's sum is granted as "Chance to find special items".

And that should hold true for the consoles. I read somewhere recently that consoles were incorrectly reporting the actual map revealed value, but dont actually know whether or not this is the case and whether or not it would affect the resultant item find bonus.

Edited by Dragon Brother
Well the sacred wiki says the following:

"Map Revealed" is a statistic in Sacred 2 that increases as a character explores Ancaria. 25% of it's sum is granted as "Chance to find special items".

And that should hold true for the consoles. I read somewhere recently that consoles were incorrectly reporting the actual map revealed value, but dont actually know whether or not this is the case and whether or not it would affect the resultant item find bonus.

Thank you!

I'll be the whistle-blower for the consoles. Our chance to find valuables is broke compared to the PC. Something with the update that the consoles received put the "decimal" in the wrong place. My Chance to find valuables is 2.4% with my 200 dryad that has 119% of the map revealed. It should be 24%! I mean come on, what the heck is 2.4% lol Nothing I have found increases that percentage, so it looks like the consoles are stuck with finding crap as usual :) But its ok though, I have a level 2 pendant that gives +12% chance to find valuables. This is one perk to having a level 2 elf with bargaining at level 535 Whats more, my 200 Shadow warrior has a map revealed at 139% and his % is only 2.7. Holy Hannah! Sacred! :) (And before I get a thousand questions asking how I got it so high, he can jump into the oceans and use the B. Vault to move around. My map is almost ALL yellow)

Very good info Bigfoot. If you have a sec, could you add this to the wiki? YOu can log in using same password and login name as you use here on DarkMatters.

It`s good info you`re posting and will offer reference value for console players.

:)

gogo

:) (And before I get a thousand questions asking how I got it so high, he can jump into the oceans and use the B. Vault to move around. My map is almost ALL yellow)

Ahah! so the dismount trick does work on console. cool I wasn't sure cause a few failed attempts made me think I couldn't. Can you dismount onto a mountain and climb into out of bounds too?

WHAT? noooooo :) I spent ages getting my map up to about 70% :'(

by the way.. level 2 with 535? care to reveal the secret? :)

That part is easier. on Console you can socket high level items into low level gear without penalty. so if you find niob level 200 +30 All skills and get 16 of them into gold sockets......my calculator says 552. you can get pretty high.

• 2 weeks later...
Question pertaining to this, kinda. some rings give added light and some give added vision. which opens a larger portion of the map?

+Visibility Radius. +Light Radius doesn't actually do anything particularly useful, except increase the amount of light around you at night (woo. hoo).

There are several things/differences going on here between the PC & the console. First is that the decimal point is in the wrong place on the consoles (though I don't remember whether that's just a display bug or if the MF bonus is actually 1/10 of what it "should" be). Another is that in one of the patches Ascaron changed how mapping/world discovered was calculated. Initially (ie, in the PC retail release & on the consoles) the world was split up into a number of variable sized areas & when you go into each of those for the first time your WD% increases (some of them are huge, for example, the area between Thylisium, the lake to the east of it & the town to the north with the portal is almost entirely a single area for WD%). On the PC the world is split up into a grid & whenever you go into each grid square for the first time it increases your WD%, this way gives more granularity since all of the grid squares are the same size.

Question pertaining to this, kinda. some rings give added light and some give added vision. which opens a larger portion of the map?

+Visibility Radius. +Light Radius doesn't actually do anything particularly useful, except increase the amount of light around you at night (woo. hoo).

There are several things/differences going on here between the PC & the console. First is that the decimal point is in the wrong place on the consoles (though I don't remember whether that's just a display bug or if the MF bonus is actually 1/10 of what it "should" be). Another is that in one of the patches Ascaron changed how mapping/world discovered was calculated. Initially (ie, in the PC retail release & on the consoles) the world was split up into a number of variable sized areas & when you go into each of those for the first time your WD% increases (some of them are huge, for example, the area between Thylisium, the lake to the east of it & the town to the north with the portal is almost entirely a single area for WD%). On the PC the world is split up into a grid & whenever you go into each grid square for the first time it increases your WD%, this way gives more granularity since all of the grid squares are the same size.

So that would mean its easier to reaveal the map on the Box as opposed to PC?

thats what I was wondering. Im thinking increased viability opens a larger portion of the map when moving. Im wanting to socket up a set to test this, I will get back and let you know what I found out. Anyone wanting to help or just play hit me up.

Just the opposite I am afraid. you get only a 1/10th the "chance to find Valuables" bonus than PC as shown at the vary bottom of the details window. I don't really know though if its a display glitch or not.

Just the opposite I am afraid. you get only a 1/10th the "chance to find Valuables" bonus than PC as shown at the vary bottom of the details window. I don't really know though if its a display glitch or not.

I'm aware that the bonus to finding valuables is screwed up in either appearance and/or functionality, but from the way I interepreted that post was that the actual revealing of the map would be easier on non pc versions as it said the world was split up into a number of variable sized areas as opposed to a much more fragmented grid.

I'm aware that the bonus to finding valuables is screwed up in either appearance and/or functionality, but from the way I interepreted that post was that the actual revealing of the map would be easier on non pc versions as it said the world was split up into a number of variable sized areas as opposed to a much more fragmented grid.

I understand that part as well, my best character on console was a level 126 seraphim that I had 68% map revealed after about 400 hours of exploring.

My level 126 seraphim on PC has 58% map reveal after 165 hours of exploring.

yep its confermed. increased visability rings or amulets open a larger portion of the map when traveling. checked this myself and found a very noticable difference. Try not to hate on my spelling, I know its bad. : )

From my experience with visibility range and such on PS3, the maximum visibility range I liked was around 55% or so. This is just about the range of the mini-map (a little less), so that you can tell from it the minimap you are uncovering darkened areas of the map while running around, without having to open the word map constantly.

Ensure you go into every cave you find, as those contribute to map revealed as well.

Loco, did your seraphim on 360 go into every cave possible? Seems odd that you couldn't get map over 50% in 400 hours.