Is there a mod to increase inventory space

Boy we all wish there was!

I came up with a way to have multiple chest. It uses the old DOS batch commands. I don't know if it's ok to disclose it here or not.

This forum encourages modding/tweaking of the game so just go ahead and post it :bounce:

Besides I'm sure Spunky will be happy to host the information and PM people if the information causes any problem. :)

This forum encourages modding/tweaking of the game so just go ahead and post it :)

Besides I'm sure Spunky will be happy to host the information and PM people if the information causes any problem. :)

I like the way stubbie thinks :)

OK, I will write it up in a text editor tonight (it will be lengthy) and post it here. If it is not suitable we can do the pm thing. The only thing I think would cause issues is the fact it writes over the shared chest and used unwisely could cause loss of some items.

OK, I will write it up in a text editor tonight (it will be lengthy) and post it here. If it is not suitable we can do the pm thing. The only thing I think would cause issues is the fact it writes over the shared chest and used unwisely could cause loss of some items.

If it is what I think it is with .bat file used to make additional shared chest files, you should be fine, post away!

I hope this explains it well enough.

Please ask if you are not sure about something.

The moderators have my permission to use these instructions anywhere they see fit if

it is deemed safe enough and not deleted.

You have done a great job here. it isn't totally clear yet how this will work in my head but I will experiment with this. for SP players this sure beats using mules.

Edit: I Set-up the batch files as instructed and it works dandy. Cool tool for those that play off-line or LAN. basically unlimited number of chests available with this.

• 3 months later...

The second part (bat) file doesn't seem to rewrite or copy the newly saved chest file .. I've quadruple checked my typing in it.

I created several saved name files and the first bat file works in changing them to the current useable chest, I put some things in it, save and exit, drag the file to the second bat file.

I can either get it to delete yje new file and it's renamed to the original and changes lost ?

• 3 months later...

The creating and loading new chests is working just fine for me. But the updatng is not working. When I drag a saved chest file (say its ABC.sacred2chest) onto the zchest_sav.bat and drop it there, the bat file does something and then the named chest file I wanted to update is just gone. There is no longer a file named ABC.sacred2chest in that directory, or anywhere else on the computer! What am I doing wrong?

As workaround I suppose I could simply keep manually renaming the shared chest file, but that seems clunky and I am prone to mistakes.

• 3 months later...

SOLVED !

I have found the answer purely be accident while trying to completely remove the annoying grey seraphim shield from the game.

The "NewItemtype" for that shield within itemtype.txt is 1774.

Find 1774 in iteminfo.txt, the entry looks like this:

newItemInfo = {

type = 1774,

material = "S_shield_leather_hardened",

usability = 0,

invbreite = 2,

invhoehe = 3,

}

mgr.itemInfoCreate(newItemInfo);

A quick German lesson. Höhe means Height and Breite means Width. Guess what inv might be! These two entries tell the game how much space the item occupies in the Inventory, Backpack, Vendor and Weapon Slot. By changing that entry to read

newItemInfo = {

type = 1774,

material = "S_shield_leather_hardened",

usability = 0,

invbreite = 1,

invhoehe = 1,

}

The result is a shield which occupies only one square of your Inventory instead of six ... Inventory space increased (sort of). I suppose this would work for any/all items. Of course you might need a magnifying glass to see what those things you are carrying but you did ask, not me.

WARNING! I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS FOR MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES INGAME, I AM SIMPLY TOO BUSY RIGHT NOW TO TRY IT. IF IT KILLS YOUR GAME IT'S YOUR FAULT NOT MINE! BACKUPS ARE A WONDERFUL THING!

Just did a bit of testing changing the size of everything to 1X1, here are my findings.

Works only on SP/LAN. If you try it on Closednet you will get the message "check your internet connection etc".

If you change the size then sort your Inventory and/or chest to free up that precious space then revert to an originak copy of itemtype.txt you will lose items, keeping just a few starting at the top left of Inventory etc. Therefore best done only if you intend to keep it that way and NOT if you want to go back to original sizes at a later date.

Edited by Gordius

Just like this mod? http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14706

And if you didn't want them quite so small, there's this one. http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15695

Holy Seraphims Malachor. It seems I left my Batspecs in the cupboard again. Oh well, they say you cannot have too much of a bad thing :) Thanks for the point out.

Edited by Gordius