Twisted Torment Stack?

claudius

It seems to stack damage and head chance.

For headhunting I get best results if I use it at high levels and recharge it with regeneration per hit from a life leech shuriken.

I also remember it stacking Deathblow before expansion... would have to check and see if it still does.

:)

gogo

p.s. ahhh, Chattius, that was great idea with rph... probably the only Combat Art I haven't tried it with but one that has super promise. Great idea thanks.

For the spidergirls ravaged impact is at RpH and twisted torment at double RpH. RpH is at 3.x seconds. Weaponless you do a doublekick. So you get 2 times RpH from one RI for twisted torment versus bosses in general.

In normal combat it may happen that the first kick already kills an enemy which was damaged already from an explosion. So you want ravaged impact recharge for the next enemy with just one kick.

The used shrunken head has 1.7 seconds RpH on it already. Niob heads can add a nice RpH or deathblow value if you are lucky. So at start do the scorpion, and put the scorpion head back into chest and get one with good modifiers if you only need the ghost pet.

Edited by chattius

wow

I gotta say the one build I ran using Twisted as a primary was... well let's say not all that enjoyable. After runnning so many versions of ranged Dryad, getting used to having things just wilt slowly on me with a pet doing all the damage and not coming from me directly was a huge change in feeling.

I was always taken by the idea that I was going to find a way to make the twisted torment have uber damage ...but no matter how much I socketed or whatever tricks I tried ..it never became what I wanted.

I like the idea of yours of using the RPH to release uber high levels of torment so I wouldn't have to cast the spell over and over repeatedly which was getting to be a pain while my pet and totem would take it out.

:)

gogo

Detheya gives 3.5& Ll. A doublekick is at 7%. So maximal 14-15 Twisted Torment/ Ravaged Impact combinations would be needed to kill each boss. I think there are around 7 twisted torments stacked in average currently at level 105 niob before a boss drops.

The build is close to the point that the whole combat is done in the duration of one dust devil for spell block and one acute mind to speed unarmed (which has no weapon skill) and casting speed (spider build has no voodoo lore).

A boss fight starts for me with:

Tangled Vine/RI to hold the enemy at place, reduce its attack speed, no damage modification on TV

dustdevil/RI to give some spell block and evade

acute mind/RI to speed up spamming the headhunting combination (AM is not modified for intelligence)

and then repeating Twisted Torment/RI

If a character has no detheya using a life leech weapon should do the same trick.

I haven't tried yet to kill with only twisted torment and no x% life leech. The build has only the first 2 modifiers in twisted torment yet, has no voodoo lore and no ancient magic.

Edited by chattius

I'm making a champion of the wilds versatile (3 aspect) Dryad. If you were only going to take 1 of RI and DA and you were using it melee what one would you take? Is the explode mod like magic coup stray enemies (which is really affective multiple attack). Or should I take DA for the multiple enemies property. I have Nature Focus + Lore, but only Hunter Focus and no tactics. I think boss I am going to kill with goldenglade + vines (acute mind)+ testa.

Well if I look at my builds, all are more or less a hit and an explosion:

elf: self recharging magic coup

sohei: normal hit to recharge mind strike which explodes

seraphim: self recharging archangel wrath with a polearm at close distance with 2 exploding shots

Temple Guardian: normal knife attack to recharge deadly spears

dryad: spidergirl build has exploding RI's

For recharging a spell I think RI might be best: faster Animation.

Edited by chattius
  • 2 weeks later...

Considering that the spidergirls play niob with just exploding RI for group control, I would say yes. For weaponless dryads a double kick with explosions is faster than a spinning kick which does just one hit to enemies near you.