Saeyia Dishes on Games

So titles that are currently on preorder -

God of War III

The latest Final Fantasy release - (I really dont' know why I preorder/buy these games. I don't think I've finished a single one since like FFVI. Why you ask? Let me see... I think it has to do with the fact that every time I play a final fantasy game... I sink like three months into it, get to the final boss only to realize that I have to go back and do another 3 months worth of side quests to get the epic weapon and the epic spell for EIGHTY people before I can even TRY to kill the last boss..... ugh... futility, thy name is Japanime Games! I mean.. if I really wanted to be that expert at something I'd make it something worthwhile... like.. underwater basket weaving.)

I just got the super duper amazing Bioshock 2 special edition. Now, I can only play Bioshock if someone else is in the room, all the lights are on and listening to A. The Beatles (pre-Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band) or B. Def Lepard (specifically their Hysteria Album because let's face it... the rest are kinda poopoo.) The reasons for A and B are obvious but in case not - it's because nothing bad or scary can happen to you while listening to "I wanna hold your hand" or "Poor Some Sugar on Me".

Here's a picture of my amazing Bioshock 2 special edition (with controller - b/c that is one BIG stupid box!)

photo.jpg

I've been playing a ton of World of Warcraft lately (with my boyfriend! I'm so manipulative!) which has been great! Save for all the changes since the original release... haha. No, seriously... the expansions suck. Not really... but seriously.... haha.. ok I'll stop with the ellipses and seriouslys. But seriously...the new races and stuff are super neat, and though I love being an alliance shaman, I hate that they did away with the whole, "horde has shaman, alliance has paladin" thing. I thought it was neat to have SOMETHING unique about the different sides. I also am somewhat disappointed with the cross server instances. I mean, it's great getting an instance group in 15 minutes, but how do you ever meet anyone on your server? Instancing was the premier place to meet people and get to know guilds. I'm sad to see it go :sigh: *sniff sniff*

uhhmmm... that's about all... OH!

I almost forgot Mass Effect 2! Which I just traded in after two weeks of playing. I can't explain what it was about the game that really turned me off. (MINING!! MINING!! MINNININININININGGGGGG! RRRRARRRRGG!) But there was definately something (MINING!! MINING!!) that made me loathe the game.

Sooo.... any thoughts? comments?

ahh the good old WoW days... the new expansions ruined the feel of "Oh my gawd how am I supposed to kill this guy in a 40 man tema, hes has like 1,343,444,232,424,436 health!"

Man I know, right?! I just ran through Strat with 5 people! FIVE PEOPLE! wait... wasn't it always five people? I forget...

but what I do remember is the tank wandering off to collect water while me and the mage (I was priest) kyted the darned mobs. That's right... squishy kyting.

It was still fun though....

Fire Mage for the win! ahh stratholme, yeah twas 5 man, and very very fun :D

played till 80 on the newest one, but it was never the same :( quit in august due to lack of fun. :( sorely missed though,

ahh, well.. you should get back on that horse! (or dire wolf/sabre/giant stupid elephant with big stupid head.. whatever)

or play more Sacred! Send me fire gear! hehe

I love Mass Effect. I like Mass Effect 2 less then the original but still its a great game. I dont have a problem with scanning all the planets for resources in a way that part was a relaxing aspect for me. But I did have other problems with the game.

1. No ground APC. How can they kick the APC out of the second game I have no clue. It was so much fun to drive around in it and explore planets and when you run into a base take out the defenses with the APC weapons before going on foot.

2. No hot key or way to get the helmet off. Whos dumb idea was to get that part out of the second game. To people that havnt played mass effect this may look funny but a couple of things people need to know. First helmet provides bonuses so you need to use it. But if you have a helmet on you cant see your face and cant see the expression your character makes. And in a game like Mass Effect where the face is so developed its nice to be able to see it.

3. The downloadable content armors have fixed helmets so you cant take them off its the armor or nothing at all.

4. Cant give what ever weapon I like to the NPC companions only limited to what the can "use" by default like gun and riffle. So you can only pick from them.

5. Cant change armors on the companions. Whats up with this part this is such a big turn off. They got there fixed armor and you can only change there armor color or skin once you finish there personal quest.

The strange thing is that all of the things I said above Mass Effect had but for some reason Mass Effect 2 doesnt have. So so strange that they would chose to take out a big depth part of the game.

As for the story its solid and a nice continuation of the original Mass Effect.

Like for the reals, Katran... fOR THE REALS!

The whole weapon/armor set was screwy wierd and crap! I hated it... what are we, in the medieval ages where I need a squire to dress me and help me on my horse?

blarg!

• 4 months later...

Haven't yet played GoW 3 (actually haven't finished GoW), FF13 was fun (rented it and enjoyed it, wish it was more of an action rpg though, maybe in FF13 Versus...). And Bioshock 2 is extremely cool, love telekinesis 3 w/drill, pick up normal splicers and bash them, then use them as a weapon/shield against other splicers lol, never thought it was really scary though. Personally I'm excited about Dead Space 2, Infamous 2, Dead Rising 2, and F.E.A.R. 3 (still need to actually finish both of the previous games).