Is Gar'Collosus bugged?

Draksa

Tried taking Gar'Collosus down a couple of times with no joy. Second try I was level 22 seraphin and ran away as it wasnt happening. The fight lasted about five minutes, I was constantly hitting healing potions and throwing everything at it. It does not take any damage what so ever. Did think maybe its a boss, got to be tough until I easily took down a pirate boss tonight who was a level higher than gar'collosus.

Is it bugged or is there some major tactics I am missing out?

Good luck! =D

Thanks, Both bow and sword doing ice damage now. Managed to get blue bar down half way before I died on 2 attempts. Tried kiting him but bow seemed pretty ineffective. Also giggled my kit around so boost relevant stats and tried energy ward instead of my usual battle stance but no time to refresh buff when it goes. Try again tomorrow with a less stressed head.

Another way is just do more side quests/grinding and go back to him when your level is higher. 22 is a little low, I know its possible but why rush? Higher level skills will help, the extra few levels make it much easier. He can be seen as a test of your character, if you die a few too many times, just slow down and level up.

There is an item bonus called "Absorption Warding Energy (opponent) -X%", it helps with Gar's shield.

About this bonus...

I tried this in Ice and Blood 2.65.1, and it don't work with guardian's shield...

With -53.3% AWE (O), when their shields are on, it's impossible to hit their life points.

So, be careful if you play Ice and Blood, maybe this bonus don't work anymore. :blink:

Edited by Woody
I've noticed it not working too. Seems like a wasted item mod.

Its only fair, they removed the stat that allowed you to dismount riders since it didn't work, so only fair another one doesn't work in its place :blink:

I had never used that stat, as I didn't know what it did until I read this thread.

Tried taking Gar'Collosus down a couple of times with no joy. Second try I was level 22 seraphin and ran away as it wasnt happening. The fight lasted about five minutes, I was constantly hitting healing potions and throwing everything at it. It does not take any damage what so ever. Did think maybe its a boss, got to be tough until I easily took down a pirate boss tonight who was a level higher than gar'collosus.

There is a very major tactic that for some time many players have employed when going up against a boss. Leech life from opponents. This is one of the super Item Modifiers so to speak in that it's effects are very powerful. It's also very rare but if you have a character with Bargaining you could try shopping for it. The character you shop with should be about the same level as the character you want to fight with and the Bargaining level should be at the very least double the character's level to be effective. Leech life from opponents can be found most easily on Throwing Stars and Two-Handed Weapons.

Good Luck! :blink:

P.s.

I'll have a look at that "Absorption Warding Energy (opponent) -X%" mod. Thanx Woody!

Thanks for tips, think I got a weapon in my stash(horde good looking stuff) with life leaching on. About me being too low a level. Thought it was time to get that quest out of the way to get to next zone. I think I done all to be done in human zone appart from the odd scattered quest that I am not spending 30 mins just to get to 1. Cant find any mobs higher than 18 there so get pants experience and no challenge here.

LL per hit is more common but it can be added up to make it useful enough. LL from opponents is percentage based and is much harder to get than the 1st type, but can be more powerful. Take whichever type you can get as it all helps reduce potion consumption while adding extra damage to your attacks.

I had forgotten you had died, that would explain why all the mobs are so low in level. I don't ever rush to the Gar'Colossus, as death in this game reduces Survival Bonus and that means more than life itself.

is there a difficulty gap between PC and console? cuz I just killed Gar with a lvl16 Shadow Warrior and only used 1 health pot. and I havent had any trouble with him on my other characters. did they raise the PC difficulty through a patch or update?

is there a difficulty gap between PC and console? cuz I just killed Gar with a lvl16 Shadow Warrior and only used 1 health pot. and I havent had any trouble with him on my other characters. did they raise the PC difficulty through a patch or update?

Having played Xbox for about 1000 hours and then moving to PC and especially Ice and Blood, I would say the answer is a huge yes!. many things have changed since the console version. and even more with Ice and Blood. most notable is that the bosses have serious Combat Arts now. +all skills got reduced in half. items become the level of whatever the highest level jewel socketed is, so no socketing level 200 +30 all skills into level 2 gear.

We spend more time and skill points thinking about defense. there is no HC mode in Console. In HC if you die, game over! Anything on the character or in the backpack is gone and the character is dead. start over from level 1 naked again.

There are some bonuses though, All set item armors have at least 2 sockets now, that part is cool.

Console I believe was made to be more user friendly. Many things are easier on Console, such as you get 12 Combat Art/Weapon/Buff slots from level 1 on console. you can use them anyway you like. On PC you start level 1 with 1 weapon, 1 Combat Art, 1 Buff. You have to level to open more. by level 20 or so you have 4 weapon, 4 Combat Art, and if you take Concentration you get 2 buff slots. hot swapping buffs is not so easy anymore.

All in all I think the PC is far more immersive. I was addicted to this game on Console, but most of my builds got boring after level 100 or so because you could beat Niob campaign by then. especially after you have a niob level 100+ bargainer that could by +10 all skills to socket into the new chars. with PC I have been running in HC. and just now after 4 months or so I have my first Character to level 111 and I am only to the Octopus on Niob Campaign. and by most standards I am ahead of normal. A lot of HC PC players don't start Niob until level 140.

Don't get me wrong I liked Console and it was plenty of challenge for a while, but PC and the community of players I have met have made PC more than worth the change over and subsequent $ spent upgrading my PC so that the graphics and frame rates are superior to Console.

cheers!

Bosses also have twice as much hit poiunts now so even the Kobold Chieftain at 1st village is noticeably harder now. Gar has never been hard for me on any Shadow Warrior so that also helps.

You should still be able to add Niob level blacksmith arts to low level gear, I don't think that changed in expansion. And, well, blacksmithing actually works on the pc.

You should still be able to add Niob level blacksmith arts to low level gear, I don't think that changed in expansion.

No, that didn't change with the expansion.

If you're having issues with GC's energy shield, run around until he throws a big rock, then destroy the rock & you'll do much more damage to his shield (you should be able to take it down in a few hits). Then take his life down until he casts his shield again...

Having played Xbox for about 1000 hours and then moving to PC and especially Ice and Blood, I would say the answer is a huge yes!.

That explains a lot. Yesterday I noticed a similar post in the official sacred forum. A lot of people seem to be having the same struggle. But others say they killed him within about 30 seconds with characters from level 9 to 16 which I though had to be total BS but they must be on xbox version then. lol

Someone said it got nerfed in a later patch too.

Edited by Draksa

I thought so. my level 92 Inquisitor is SOO boring to use. even the Nameless, who were some-what of a challenge 1st time around, are now a joke :/ guess I have to buy PC version if I want to play past lvl100 AND enjoy it. which version I get 2 play Blood and Ice? UK?

I thought so. my level 92 Inquisitor is SOO boring to use. even the Nameless, who were some-what of a challenge 1st time around, are now a joke :/ guess I have to buy PC version if I want to play past lvl100 AND enjoy it. which version I get 2 play Blood and Ice? UK?

HAHA, sold to another happy customer! lol I really wasn't trying to talk anyone into buying the PC version but.... since you ask. the best deal is from the links here at FDM. the Gold edtion is the best price for both PC-UK and Ice and Blood. before you buy though, take a look at your PC specs. After playing on XBOX you may be dissapointed in the graphics on PC if you try to play on a low end PC. here are some specs that are really, really minimum IMO Game_Summary and ready this thread on installation here: Download Ice and Blood and Sacred 2 Gold

Draska, As you can see there are strategies and tactics that can really help in building a toon that can take bosses. your first 6 skills and point allocation that can really make all the difference in the world. As you have read here there are plenty of players that can take down bosses at low level. It is what makes sacred2 so cool. the choices you make will make you or break you.

Not sure what type of Serphim you are building, but here are a couple of great guides that you can use to learn the ropes of a great build. Both of these authors make great builds. There is lots to learn from them!

The Queen of Blades, Dual Sword Shopper

A Comprehensive Guide to the BFG Seraphim

Draska, As you can see there are strategies and tactics that can really help in building a toon that can take bosses. your first 6 skills and point allocation that can really make all the difference in the world. As you have read here there are plenty of players that can take down bosses at low level. It is what makes sacred2 so cool. the choices you make will make you or break you.

Not sure what type of Serphim you are building, but here are a couple of great guides that you can use to learn the ropes of a great build. Both of these authors make great builds. There is lots to learn from them!

The Queen of Blades, Dual Sword Shopper

A Comprehensive Guide to the BFG Seraphim

Thanks for links. Doing aspect warrior with main combat arts soul hammer and dashing one. Points also spent in others for radient pillar and archangel wrath. Wish I took dual weald as I got lovely big 1 handed swords in bag. Fist character is always a balls up with skill points though. Lvling an elf mage too which I think will be a bit more focused.

Update, Yay he is down :P

Since starting this thread I realized what a mess my seraphim was in terms of skillpoints so started a more finely tuned high elf. At level 21 I took down Gar'Colossus last night with my ice elf. Seraphim is now retired at level 23 :)