thx for testing this loco :thumbsup:

I was afraid to try it out with my light templates before too...

when I start the shadow camp runner I'll hook up 1 template in party as well, and give it a try.

Edited by Rotluchs
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heya loco!

Thak you very much for the jump. About what you told me to do, I've created my Gold Campaign again, and it was still at the swamp :)

Excellent! that what I expected, but hadn't tested. thanks for checking on that and enjoy your low level niob toon.

Thanks

Loco

..as I still had enough free charslots, for now I just finished 3 shadow campaign templates, on different accounts so I had to do each run only 1x..

got all templates for both light+dark campaign now, all at switch..

(will try to compress them into 1 each, when I should ever run out of charslots someday)

Edited by Rotluchs
Emm, curious.. Is this just discovered to ya?

Good luck , Gogo on the interview.

Greets all, Especially, Knucks..

Jet

Well kinda of. Over the last 4-5months for me. it all started when Furian67 started running fast campaigns and we noticed all the crashes and sometimes a toon didn't have to be present for every check point and still advanced to the next difficulty. And then we tried figuring out why. and failed a lot! schot suggested it was quest ownership related. but figured it had to do with the server restarts. It was furian that I first heard the idea that if we could replicate the effect we could create templates to save a fixed camp status. and Woody that figured out the last few steps to the server restarts. and me that really just put all those pieces together and tested it. a lot!. it is possible this works in 2.43 but I have not tested it.

A "toon" need not be present at any Quest completion. He can merely stand on start isle to achieve this.

Once quest "owner" completes any quest in the camp the "wanting to level" character will see the screen flash in indication of a 'portion of the main quest completed.

Once this is seen, the "wanting" character can then leave the server and return to see the quest indication numbers in the lobby turn to white. Once the lobby numbers are white the quest is yours. And yes works fine in 2.43.

Greets,

Jet

Edited by Jetcutter
A "toon" need not be present at any Quest completion. He can merely stand on start isle to achieve this.

Once quest "owner" completes any quest in the camp the "wanting to level" character will see the screen flash in indication of a 'portion of the main quest completed.

Once this is seen, the "wanting" character can then leave the server and return to see the quest indication numbers in the lobby turn to white. Once the lobby numbers are white the quest is yours. And yes works fine in 2.43.

Greets,

Jet

By present I mean "in" server. yes your explanation has always worked since the patch that allowed campaigns to advance the difficulty. but the camp has to be run from start to finish by somebody. with the template speed camp system. the campaign is done on the template except for the last switch which rolls the credits. I can speed camp a level 1 from silver to niob in about 30 minutes. and that takes that long because of the server changes.

The trick is that in order to SAVE when joining another characters campaign, you have to be at least 1 step ahead of the campaign host. or have been "in server" for a sequential run of the quests. by running our speed system the level 1 can jump to niob without anyone ever running the quests.

If you ever get on Closed Net on EU servers I would be glad to demonstrate. it is really very cool!

• 1 month later...

Very interesting topic! New to the game and can't imagine the amount of time it took to test all of this and create the templates! Excellent job!

I am relatively new to this game and not sure if this is the right topic to post/ask but... Does anyone have a Temple Guardian toon that is blank but has access to all of the difficulties? If so, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for all of your hard work and keep it up! :)

• 4 months later...
5. Run the Camp Runner to Monolith and advance the campaign by at least 1 step. This will temporarily give the Campee a more advanced campaign than the template

7. Start a new Server with the Template again.

in 5: Camp Runner is the high level toon with an almost completed (or can be totally completed) campaign?

in 7: the Template is the starting Silver character? (not the already have it finished character)?

I'm really really confused.

--We tried to do this today and failed. I think we missed a step.--

Edited by FrostElfGuard
  • 2 months later...

Hello guys, im having 2 pc and trying to figure out how to bring my shoppers to niob difficult (plaing by LAN). I have one char which can solo plantium and niob and he's level 126. My shoppers are level 5, 25, 50,75...

Is there anyway to do this? Thank you in advance

Hello guys, im having 2 pc and trying to figure out how to bring my shoppers to niob difficult (plaing by LAN). I have one char which can solo plantium and niob and he's level 126. My shoppers are level 5, 25, 50,75...

Hello bro,

Here are the steps to getting to Niob at level 1 on PC HC Closed Net.

I read your Topic and it says that's the instruction for PC HC Closed Net. Im currently playing by LAN right now.

is it the same process?

To make the first "template" the "silver Template" you have to have two accounts. Log in first, the Silver, Gold, Platnium Campaign holder Account, then log in your campaign runner. Using the campaign runner you have to run all the campaign up to at least the first Switch in the Great room of the Guardians.

We have all the Guardians killed in our templates and all the Campaign runner needs do is buff up, and run to the very last switch in the Guardian room. Upon hitting that switch the game is over and the campaign quest is moved to the next difficulty.

Always remember to log off the "Template" before the Campaign runner leaves the start island.

then do it one more time. that's the trick. the whole process for the new Campee has to have the final switch hit two times.

For Silver Camp

1. Log in a Silver Template into a silver campaign.

2. Log in new Campee level 1 toon from a separate account. ( Hopefully your friend with a new bargainer at level 1 that wants to be a niobium shopper)

3. Log out the Silver template and transfer campaign status to the Campee.

4. Log in your Camp Runner. We use a level 70 -85 Astral Shadow Warrior with permanent Shadow Veil.

5. Run the Camp Runner to Monolith and advance the campaign by at least 1 step. This will temporarily give the Campee a more advanced campaign than the template

6. Log all accounts off.

7. now do it again.

Edited by Furian67

Hi, merged your topic with Loco and furian's Template guide.

Both those guys created one of the most unique play devices in the game.

Welcome to DarkMatters anhphampch

:viking:

gogo

p.s I like the nic, family name or unique creation?

Hello bro,

Here are the steps to getting to Niob at level 1 on PC HC Closed Net.

I read your Topic and it says that's the instruction for PC HC Closed Net. Im currently playing by LAN right now.

is it the same process?

Yessir same process. No worries.

How can I transfer the campain status to the campee Loco?

Actually in LAN you don't need to speed camp or create templates at all.

!. Find your Balance.txt file. It is found in the Deep Silver/Sacred2-Fallen Angel/Scripts/Server folder where you installed the game.

Edit the line 253 that reads:

LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,60,100,140},

And Change it to read:

LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,1,1,1},

This will allow an character to enter any dificulty server on LAN.

How can I transfer the campain status to the campee Loco?

Actually in LAN you don't need to speed camp or create templates at all.

!. Find your Balance.txt file. It is found in the Deep Silver/Sacred2-Fallen Angel/Scripts/Server folder where you installed the game.

Edit the line 253 that reads:

LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,60,100,140},

And Change it to read:

LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,1,1,1},

This will allow an character to enter any dificulty server on LAN.

Thanks to both loco and Furian for all those responds! I did change that file balance.txt but still having some problems. You guys have any Messenger that I can chat with?

I would love to play sacred 2 with you guys ^^

Anh Pham

Hi, merged your topic with Loco and furian's Template guide.

Both those guys created one of the most unique play devices in the game.

Welcome to DarkMatters anhphampch

:(

gogo

p.s I like the nic, family name or unique creation?

Anh is my fist name, Pham is my last name, and pch stands for parkway central high school

I've been using this nic for all game forums since high school though :thumbsup:

many nice friends here!

go go :dance:

After changing the file restart sacred2 and begin a lan session. you should be able to select any difficulty level for Free play.

This is what I dont understand loco! I create Lan session with my campain runner in free play mod (gold difficulty server because my level 5 shopper is currently at gold difficulty). When I join the game I cant do any main quest at all. and my shopper cant tele to my runner too. if I cant do the main quests, how can I unlock the next difficulty then? im really confused here. Sorry for many questions guys

Anh

After changing the file restart sacred2 and begin a lan session. you should be able to select any difficulty level for Free play.

This is what I dont understand loco! I create Lan session with my campain runner in free play mod (gold difficulty server because my level 5 shopper is currently at gold difficulty). When I join the game I cant do any main quest at all. and my shopper cant tele to my runner too. if I cant do the main quests, how can I unlock the next difficulty then? im really confused here. Sorry for many questions guys

Anh

the edits you made to the balance.txt negate the need to do any questing in order to open higher difficulties. you should be able to open a niob server with your level 5 in LAN Freeplay.

• 11 months later...

Why would you want such low level shoppers in Niob, I don't know about PC but on PS3 the gear that the Bargainer can shop for is only around the level of that particular toon, you want a bargainer to shop in Niob for you new players? Cuz I don't see the benefit of shopping for toons that can farm Niob content in the 100's