The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

3 minutes ago, xcessive said:

It would be the only weapon (maybe kaldurs as well) with %LL, that I would use. I think %LL is a broken stat and I never use it, except for killing the egg. 

I loved every second and percentage of that mod when I was a lowbie level HC player in the servers

a few deaths after your heart has leapt up into your mouth gives appreciation

:lol:

gogo

Spent some time doing runs on the Guardians and noticed that I still can't target the egg, even with a ranged weapon with %LL. The cursor just won't change into attack mode! I've zoomed in and out and circled around it trying to find a spot to hit it, no go. I don't know how and I don't know why, but even in free play I can't seem to target it in any way. By the way if the magic staves are now full-on ranged with 1.60 it should target it anyway so...

Anyway, that's not really an issue as far as I'm concerned. Like I said a few posts back I wanted a way to feed my bargainers with the best possible loot to sell off for gold, while raising the level of my smith and giving him some gold in the process, as well as farming for some sets for completion. All of the above are achievable by this method, and much better and faster than doing runs at the Orc Cave. The Guardians give better loot than the Orcs each and every time, even without any magic find bonuses on the character.

What's funny though is that the drops seem like they're totally random! I mean, I've gone as far as having set an unique items drop from mobs and boxes between the monolith and the Guardians' chamber, or as much as three set pieces or uniques in the same run at the big boys alone, to picking up as low as white and gray items from them. And before anyone asks, no legendary items dropped. But then again I wasn't expecting any by doing these runs in Gold. Platinum is achievable by going through that underground portal (nice!) but the level difference between my SW and the Guardians is still a bit iffy to make constant runs on them with one eye shut. So right now I'm trying in Gold for a bit.

As a side note, do you guys even use like 10% of the uniques found? I'm beginning to find myself passing on the ones I own more often than not, either because the rare item I have suits me better or because at the current level the unique is already underpowered, or just because they just don't fit my builds. I'm curious as to what other people do with the remaining ones, as I'm considering alleviating the burden on some character chests by selling them off. Of course I'm not selling the Nlovae's Mystery and those of that kind (which are always useful), but there's a lot of unique "junk" if I'm explaining myself well enough. ;)

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Platinum is achievable by going through that underground portal (nice!) but the level difference between my SW and the Guardians is still a bit iffy to make constant runs on them with one eye shut. So right now I'm trying in Gold for a bit.

As a side note, do you guys even use like 10% of the uniques found? I'm beginning to find myself passing on the ones I own more often than not, either because the rare item I have suits me better or because at the current level the unique is already underpowered, or just because they just don't fit my builds. I'm curious as to what other people do with the remaining ones, as I'm considering alleviating the burden on some character chests by selling them off. Of course I'm not selling the Nlovae's Mystery and those of that kind (which are always useful), but there's a lot of unique "junk" if I'm explaining myself well enough. ;)

"Platinum is achievable by going through that underground portal (nice!)"

Could you explain and elaborate about this in more detail, please?

Honestly, I don't recall the last legendary item I used and for the reasons you mentioned. They don't compliment my build, are under-powered, have too few sockets, and are often less aesthetically desirable. I usually sell them to a Blacksmith just before I have him forge something for my character, as it seems that he lowers his customary cost for services for me. It is important for new players to know that merchants will offer better prices when many quests are solved in their immediate surrounding area or village.

Like Xcessive said before, on Start Island you have a cave which has portals to several areas in Ancaria so you can teleport to the Great Machine. And since I haven't yet reached that point in the SP campaign in Platinum and I don't have any portal in that area I don't have access to it, unless I travel via that green portal. ;)

The level difference is a bit steep so a stun paired with a couple of hard hits from a Guardian is a bad combo with a toon that's twenty levels behind, that's why I'm doing Gold runs where the level difference is much smaller.

Yeah, there are some go to uniques in the game that are great for starting characters, but other than that and unless we're talking about very specific builds that require certain items I can't see much use in most of them. Sure they look great and it's a shame to sell them, but at the same time I have more than enough already. I'm using pole arms with my DM, but I'm solely resorting to the ones with %LL to cover the weaknesses he has in melee, so right now I have like ten or so unique pole arms in his chest but he won't use any of them since nine don't have %LL. The bonuses are cool and all, but when wielding a Danse Macabre why the hell will I change it for something else?! And then I noticed that if I'm not using them with a toon that actually has the pole arms skill I'm surely not using them on any other toon. I guess I'm off to some firesales if the reasoning stands and the stock becomes too big. :D 

• Thanks! 1

When you press "ctrl" and leftclick your char will attack, whether there is an enemy or not. With a ranged weapon the char will fire at the cursor position. Sorry that I didnt meantion this. Its so naturally for me, that I totally forgot, that new players wouldnt know about this.

And yes, there is lot of unique and set junk out there. I sell 95% of that.

Edited by xcessive
1 minute ago, Androdion said:

Oh, I'm an old player and I didn't know that! :D I was aware of the shift+click for ordering minion attacks but I wasn't aware of a force attack combo for your toon. I'll try it that way, thanks!

Pic it if it works...hurrah Xcessive!

:bounce:

gogo

5 hours ago, Androdion said:

Like Xcessive said before, on Start Island you have a cave which has portals to several areas in Ancaria so you can teleport to the Great Machine. And since I haven't yet reached that point in the SP campaign in Platinum and I don't have any portal in that area I don't have access to it, unless I travel via that green portal. ;)

The level difference is a bit steep so a stun paired with a couple of hard hits from a Guardian is a bad combo with a toon that's twenty levels behind, that's why I'm doing Gold runs where the level difference is much smaller.

Yeah, there are some go to uniques in the game that are great for starting characters, but other than that and unless we're talking about very specific builds that require certain items I can't see much use in most of them. Sure they look great and it's a shame to sell them, but at the same time I have more than enough already. I'm using pole arms with my DM, but I'm solely resorting to the ones with %LL to cover the weaknesses he has in melee, so right now I have like ten or so unique pole arms in his chest but he won't use any of them since nine don't have %LL. The bonuses are cool and all, but when wielding a Danse Macabre why the hell will I change it for something else?! And then I noticed that if I'm not using them with a toon that actually has the pole arms skill I'm surely not using them on any other toon. I guess I'm off to some firesales if the reasoning stands and the stock becomes too big. :D 

Thanks Androdion, it's good that we who have much experience with the game share more of the specifics of what we know for the edification of the newer players who are unfamiliar with so many of the details.

• Like! 1

I will Gogo, I'll try and find some time later this evening. ;)

Talk about details and more details, I'm still learning stuff about this game! Now I understand why I was so confused about it almost a decade ago. :D There was always a lot of "how many modifiers/combinations/etc can you find in this game?!", ha ha. Thankfully time made me learn a few tricks, but from reading into topics like this one I can see there's still so much out there.

This game is almost endless!

52 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Oh, I'm an old player and I didn't know that! :D I was aware of the shift+click for ordering minion attacks but I wasn't aware of a force attack combo for your toon. I'll try it that way, thanks!

I just checked the Wiki to see if the info is there for players to know how to target the egg (just saw now it's called Heart of the Machine... wow, been a while for me :lol:  )... is whats written there useful or should I update it?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Nameless_Guardian

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Oh, my, how you was able to play for range attackers, I couldn't imagine my auto-attacking dryad without that button:lol: The other thing that I get used to use Shift for this purposes and Shift in this game is for slowly strolling instead of running, which is very confusing, really, sadly I found no way to redefine this keys :(

15 minutes ago, xcessive said:

I just added the hint to use ctrl and left mouse to attack it. I guess its fine now.

Damn I really wanna hunt legendaries right now^^

Too bad I killed my 172 HC seraphim two days ago and a new seraphim on level 25 when I tried out the Challange mode from the Enhanced Edition yesterday.

Gonna start a new char now and keep you guys updated ;)

Aw, thanks xcessive for the update to Wiki! :hugs:

The hunt for Legendaries was the big game driver then... wont write how many hundreds of runs I had to get through for that ranged sceptre ... though my first legendary drop was a gad-awful widowmaker or something... 

but I was thrilled and crowed for days!!

:dance:

gogo

• Like! 1
12 minutes ago, lacr said:

Oh, and if you are playing for HE without Ctrl you cannot properly target Area of Effect spells, by the way:badbad:

How come?

I probably never noticed because I never played with ranged toons in this game, but I'm curious about that Area of Effect explanation.

26 minutes ago, Androdion said:

How come?

I probably never noticed because I never played with ranged toons in this game, but I'm curious about that Area of Effect explanation.

Sorry I was unable to find it in wiki, I suspect there is much better explanation there than I can provide with my Engrish, but if you are using, say, Incendiary Shower on a mob, the spell will be placed in such way that mob will be at border(circumference) of the circle of effect so you will hit this mob, but can miss others, with ctrl you have full control of the space where spell will be landed so it will hit all the targets you intended to:agreed: It, actually, much easier to check and see for yourself:agreed:

Oh and Ctrl helps to quicksell the junk in the inventory, also - the most useful feature of this button:lol:

Edited by lacr
  • Like! 1

Dont forget, that you can also use it to jump everywhere you want. Getting over obstacles or making up for bad movement speed. The pure utility of the jump CAs from the seraphim and the SW are a big part of why they are my favourite chars :)

I think I remember reading something like that, about the radius of the CA. Thanks for explaining.

Quick sell I knew, lets not get carried away. :D My weapon of choice for hoping around is Shadow Step. Now that allows for some travelling!

22 minutes ago, Androdion said:

I think I remember reading something like that, about the radius of the CA. Thanks for explaining.

Quick sell I knew, lets not get carried away. :D My weapon of choice for hoping around is Shadow Step. Now that allows for some travelling!

Shadow Step can do much more than one might imagine, indeed. For there is a way to "map jump." One may see the results of some of my journeys here, beginning about half the way down the page. To accomplish the technique it is necessary to have a mount. Note the side of the mount on which the character lands upon dismounting. That is the side that should be snug against the inaccessible area in which you want to travel. It may take a bit of finessing the mount as close as possible to the border area, but when you have it just right your character will dismount just outside the usual field of play and enter a heretofore area of inaccessibility. Once inside, Shadow Step should be employed each time in order to travel further from the current point of origin. It's really quite interesting to discover the things hidden within the game which the unenlightened player would never imagine existed. So, let me pose this query, are you feeling adventurous?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Androdion said:

My weapon of choice for hoping around is Shadow Step. Now that allows for some travelling!

I didnot mention it, because I do not like teleportation skills in this game, seraphim's and SW's jumps are unreliable - they may work or may not, only good for debuffing bosses, and HE and dryad's are laggy - much easier to reach destination on foot for me.

Oh, and once I jumped with Seraphim somewhere in the bottomland and was unable to jump out back from there - that was a predicament, I must say!:lol:

5 hours ago, lujate said:

In all the years I played Sacred 2, I think I got 2 Legendary drops. Now they're vendor trash. How times have changed...

lol, I was thinking the same thing Lujate

... how , besides the time I loved playing with friends online, the next most valuable thing because it could create a build was getting a legendary.

Gaming with mods isn't at all about those same values

it's impossible to play with those sorts of enforced, shared limits anymore unless everyone agrees to them, or they're in a hosted server

... It's more like dissecting, pulling apart and making the parts you pull out dance in new ways to delight and amuse ourselves and others as proof of concept, artistic merit and the expansion of imaginative mettle.

The seeming irrelevance of those Legendary items that were the only way we know that could change the rules because we were all playing in an environment where rules were enforced... at least in HC where I think most of who started playing Sacred came here from . 

Yes, times have changed

But I dearly love and admire the new tapestry woven every day with the bones of my beloved game from more than a decade ago

I look forward contentedly and with excitement to see what new page opens next 

:gogo:

gogo

6 minutes ago, xcessive said:

hell, what would I give to be able to play on the old hc servers again.... with everything I know now

lol, I know...I feel that now too...ten years too later

:4rofl:

gogo