The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

26 minutes ago, lujate said:

In all the years I played Sacred 2, I think I got 2 Legendary drops. Now they're vendor trash. How times have changed...

Well the drop rates were bugged to sh*t and the ones that weren't had sh*t stats that didn't hold up to most uniques.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Well the drop rates were bugged to sh*t and the ones that weren't had sh*t stats that didn't hold up to most uniques.

Mine were both relics. Very low on the "sexy" scale, but good stats for relics.

Good lord, I broke a fabergé! :D

There you have it Gogo, a simple CTRL+left click with a mage staff with my character having a %LL from the secondary weapon on the dual wield config was enough. There are no damage indicators, no XP gain indicators, not really anything that indicates that you're hitting something apart from the LL and RPH lines that are visible. It takes about half a minute to bring it down, and with the new expanded collect radius of CM 1.60 there's no need to pick the loot individually. Just hit Q. ;)

Oh, and notice how the egg casts Primal Mutation (?) on my Nether Allegiance skeletons and turns them into pigs!

20180113035329_1.thumb.jpg.ddb83781ab9863454418cc47e384946c.jpg

20180113035350_1.thumb.jpg.d8938a19ddea0be9ef48d80074cbd3b9.jpg

20180113035414_1.thumb.jpg.4e85d6a153f8e6ae997434758ad5e517.jpg

20180113035429_1.thumb.jpg.3343cccb1f5be5fb253678a41a049a1d.jpg

Edited by Androdion
  • Like! 1

Bravo Androdion, thats just terrific work... Eggstra goodness for you sir... and LOL at the Primal mutation cast... I dont know if I remember this... why is this happening?

:bounce:

gogo

If you stick around the egg long enough it starts shooting this kind of light blue laser at you, which actually causes damage. But then on the summons that's what happened. First time I noticed a black pig running next to me with a Reflective Emanation spikeshield I thought I had broke something in the game, ha ha. Then I realized I had one skeleton less, so after a few runs I noticed it was the egg turning the skeletons into non-combatant units. Can't say I was expecting that! :D

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

If you stick around the egg long enough it starts shooting this kind of light blue laser at you, which actually causes damage. But then on the summons that's what happened. First time I noticed a black pig running next to me with a Reflective Emanation spikeshield I thought I had broke something in the game, ha ha. Then I realized I had one skeleton less, so after a few runs I noticed it was the egg turning the skeletons into non-combatant units. Can't say I was expecting that! :D

I saw the same thing recently with HE Fire Demon but wasn't sure exactly when it happened. I ported back to Start Island after a Guardian run and my imp was a pig.  It didn't attack but still gave my stat boosts.

• Haha 1

Yeah, that's why I mentioned Primal Mutation. From the Wiki:

Causes direct damage using T-Energy. This combat art also gives the chance to transform an opponent into a harmless animal. Chickens have been noted as being produced as well. There is also a chance that the enemy mutates to a T-Mutant variation of its former self.

Which makes sense since the Temple Guardians are somewhat part of the Great Machine.

Thanks mate. :)

Well I wasn't as OCD as to keep a pen and paper but given that I've spent maybe 4-5 hours total doing Guardian runs and I paused a lot to feed my bargainers, I'd say that 50 runs on them is probably a good estimate. I got it on one of my last runs this afternoon, not sure if it was a Guardian or the Heart of the Machine that dropped. I guess I'll keep pumping five per run as there's more loot to be had. :)

I tidied up my chests as well, damn there were dozens of uniques lying around that I don't think I ever equipped since they dropped! I've kept a few "starter kit" ones on my level 2 bargainer, and a few others that are relevant for gameplay on the adequate toons, but the rest was just sold for gold. Between that and these Guardian runs I now have my level 2 bargainer with 2M and my level 35 bargainer with 20M worth of gold. The Platinum one... eh, I'll have to feed him probably 200M since at level 53 he already purchases jewelry for around 100k! Well, thank Forens for Guardian runs then! :lol:

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, xcessive said:

Nice relic Androdion :D

I just dropped "The Redeemer" on my 19th run ;)

I have maxed Enhanced Perception and 250% chance to find valuables in my armor ^^

wow...thats a sick drop... so lucky...I I just pulled up the stats on it in the Wiki..its so much cooler than my dumb widow drop first time hahahah

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Redeemer

Redeemer.jpg

:)

gogo

48 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Get a snapshot of the boni if you have Sword Mastery! :wow:

I dont play any chars with sword lore (or any weapon lore) atm, I´m a big fan of hybrid CAs ;)

And I think 2-handed weapons are weak in general (well this one might be an exception, but I´m not sure). 2-handed weapons only have the advantage of high damage, but at the cost of slower attack animations and less slots. With a single handed weapon + shield (I like to farm the shield of mirrors in SP), I can get even better damage when I forge 3x Jotuns Maw into the shield. But I dont have to. So I am more flexible and might have a better use for the sockets. Then there is a good bonus to Stamina and XP per kill, the armor from the shield and the faster attack animations. Different shields can add flexibility and utility to the char as well (glacial defender for damage mitigation or block chance CC (esp. with shield lore)).

I cant think of a scenario, where 2-handed weapons would be better.

Whoever created The Redeemer for the CM Patch did a really good job giving it as many boni as it has, so it stands a chance compared to a 1h-weapon + shield.

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

wow...thats a sick drop... so lucky...I I just pulled up the stats on it in the Wiki..its so much cooler than my dumb widow drop first time hahahah

I got the widowmaker as well. It dropped from one of these tree-champions on the dryad island. I had heard (read) a lot of rumors, that these champoins should be able to drop legendaries, but I never found a source confirming it. So I was really glad, that I could finally solve that mistery.

Hmmm now that I think about it.... Farming the dryad island could be a nice way to get legendaries when you use the "Super Spawn" mod of the Enhanced Edition.

one of my drops came from dryad island

hate that place

those crazy anemies that tik tok you to death... 

I think I found that legendary and never went back

too scary

:oooo:

gogo

After a few gear upgrades courtesy of all the set pieces I've been getting and a redesigned balance on my SW I can now do Platinum runs on the Guardians, without my heart ticking too fast that is! :D

And boy what a difference from Gold runs. Even though I just got to level 80 and the Guardians are lv.96 the amount of gold/XP/gear is just crazy. Since I get through the portal on Start Island and start a bit before the chamber I can encounter a lot of foes, so between that spot and the egg I can get as much as 700k of XP with a couple of mentor pots and over 1M in gold, per run. Between that and the ratio of rare to less-than-rare loot I can say that this is my new favourite grind spot right now, and it's definitely much better (read: faster, more rewarding) than the Orc Cave. Be sure to withstand Platinum Guardians though, otherwise it's probably not a good idea to do these runs.

I think that Hooyaah and her GT elf lady should have a nice place to grind here. ;)

28 minutes ago, xcessive said:

Next legendary: Enricos Eternal Search

Took me 17 runs

AAAAAND next legendary: The Forbidden Punisher

Took me ONLY ONE RUN!!! :D

that's a huge improvement on the 4 hundred run kills per legendary from the old days!

:4rofl:

gogo

This is my CM Patch 0160 SW. This build is perfect as a first char, that can help every char that follows. I always wanted to make a guide, but I have been too lazy so far :)

I think you will know which boni these are, even though its all in German. Beeing a ghost certainly helps (armor lore is my only defensive skill). I also did Ancaria Airlines 60 times. I always do it in the background, when I read the forum or watch mavies/series.

EP gives another 70% Chance to find valuables. I´m currently at 16 runs without legendary.

big_0007.jpg

• Like! 1
31 minutes ago, lacr said:

Is not it much easier to just use a editor and change values?:lol:

But that would be cheating! O.O

I dont like cheating in general, so I only use the mechanics the game offers me. Otherwise it wouldnt be any fun. ;)

26 minutes ago, xcessive said:

I dont like cheating in general, so I only use the mechanics the game offers me. Otherwise it wouldnt be any fun

But it's also kinda of a cheat - you have raised your stats by 60 as though you ve gained 60 levels, while mobs  have just remained at the same low level, there was no this quest originally, I suppose it is introduced in CP as a helping hand for newbies and their first characters, but not for the completing it 1000 times at first level and gaining more stats than one could possibly distribute:lol: