The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

Please...for the love of god...someone please tell me the ins, outs skinnys on innys...everything about this. I know we have some great Legendary procurers here on the boards... won't you please share with us what you're doing before I pull out all my hair.

:)

gogo

p.s. Thinks I'm interested in... which bosses are you mostly getting your legendaries from... What is your find valuable percentage... do you kill your bosses in less then ten seconds... is any of this important :)

Heya,

Aside from EP mastery I have an extra ~200% CTF.

Running Guardians and egg.

They go down in 7-10 secs a piece.

Find Legendary Ratio from what I gather is around 1 in 100 runs.... so 1 per 400-500 bosses.

Greetz

which bosses are you mostly getting your legendaries from...

I do the guardians only, but every mainquest boss including dragons have a higher chance to drop legendaries.

What is your find valuable percentage...

I only use MF cause I don't know what else to socket with my bosskillers. They have about 150-300% MF. I#M not sure if MF is needed for good drops cause some other players don't use it and find legendaries from time to time.

do you kill your bosses in less then ten seconds...

Ash'rak: 10-15s

Mr. Goodkat: 4-10s (depends on how clever the doppelganger is;))

Species 6174: 8-12s

They all use %LL and kill bosses only.

Find Legendary Ratio from what I gather is around 1 in 100 runs.... so 1 per 400-500 bosses.

Totally agree. Experiences says that you need about 400 (mainquest)bosses per epic.

All in all: Kill the guardians again again and again. They droped me 31 legendaries since Ice & Blood. :)

Guardians(+ the egg) and Dragons are the only that have dropped legendaries for me, my Shadow Warrior has 80% MF and my Temple Guardian has 5%.

Usually takes 10 sec with each guardian except for the 4th that maybe takes 12-13 sec.

EDIT: This 400 bosses for each legendary, does that mean if I find one with Char1 I need to take 400 runs on Char2 to find one even though I have already taken 300+ runs with Char2 without finding one?

What I'm asking is that the counter resets for all characters when I find one?

Edited by Spunky

Oh man. I gotta stop looking at this thread. Yer making me want to try and find one now. As if it isn't bad enough that I have to hear gogo trying for HOURS now, lol. Cooooome on gogo! Find that Legendary. So I can have peace again... :)

I've got a few ideas I just might take out for a test run... :(

P.s.

Woohoo! I died and live to tell tha tail. Decided I'd give Niob Guardians a whirl with my level 84 Shadow Warrior. As soon as I arrived on the other side of the portal to the Great Machine. I was mobbed and died in a mere second. I exited the game with lightning speed and found my Shadow Warrior with a big ? for his portrait but I just logged into a server with him now and he seems fine... I love HC. :D

Eeek! But my SB is 0% :o

I doubt if anyone knows if there is a counter, if anyone had found it would could easily reset it to 399 everytime they do a run, almost guaranteeing a legendary drop.

This is curious though, as there are low level legendary's on the wiki, could you do 400+ boss runs by level 30? Do people just level up on bosses?

Makes me think playing Single player is a waste of time if you ever want to find a legendary, as only by playing lots of free play games will you ever reach that amount. The drop rate is far too low to be fair, but without future patches we have no choice but to deal with it.

Most of the low level legendaries on the Wiki are from patches when you could buy them.

The drop rate is quite good now compared to what we had before Ice and Blood.

Woohoo! I died and live to tell tha tail. Decided I'd give Niob Guardians a whirl with my level 84 Shadow Warrior. As soon as I arrived on the other side of the portal to the Great Machine. I was mobbed and died in a mere second. I exited the game with lightning speed and found my Shadow Warrior with a big ? for his portrait but I just logged into a server with him now and he seems fine... I love HC. :(

Eeek! But my SB is 0% :)

Why does that never happen to me? I always stay dead...

Woohoo! I died and live to tell tha tail. Decided I'd give Niob Guardians a whirl with my level 84 Shadow Warrior. As soon as I arrived on the other side of the portal to the Great Machine. I was mobbed and died in a mere second. I exited the game with lightning speed and found my Shadow Warrior with a big ? for his portrait but I just logged into a server with him now and he seems fine... I love HC. :(

Eeek! But my SB is 0% :o

And today you can relog and see R.I.P.

@Slevin: Master, I hate you, 31 legendaries... grrrr :D

EDIT: This 400 bosses for each legendary, does that mean if I find one with Char1 I need to take 400 runs on Char2 to find one even though I have already taken 300+ runs with Char2 without finding one?

It is an average and it counts for each single character. It is possible to get 2 legendaries in one guardians run and another time you'll need maybe more then 1000 bosses.

Here an example for how many bosses killed between 2 legendary drops:

After I have given this more thought I remember that I found 2 legendaries close after each others with the same char.

Closing in on 500 killed guardians since the last drop with my Shadow Warrior now, so it shouldn't be too long till I find one statistically speaking that is.

Heya,

normal mobs? Only on SP did that happen to me. Was testing a new seraphim (long ago and way before Ice and Blood) on Dryad isle. Some Dryad mob dropped me a Loki's Slicer.

@Spunky, I firmly believe that there is no overall timer. The 400 is PER character, so finding one on your Shadow Warrior would mean no changes for your Temple Guardian :( Seems possible to me that you find Legendaries on two consecutive runs with two different toons.

@Gogo, faster Gogo, find em :)

@Max, well.... 31 is a bit much for me too eh :D Guess we'll call you Squad leader... or Legendary General :o

Oh and yes for sure there are toons that level on Bosses alone.... have several.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

I have almost done boss runs for 30 levels now on my Shadow Warrior, it's a great way to level up when you do something you enjoy as it takes the focus away from the eternal grind when doing boss runs and hoping for some goodies.

Not sure surviving a death in HC but losing SB is worth it. About only advantage is you can save whatever gear was on character but SB takes so long to build up, I would just start again. I hate seeing anything in number of deaths apart from 0 anyway so even though my DM only died at level 18, I may still restart it... once I work out how to kill the dragon in the single player class quest, damn thing surprised me last night - it was behind me, and invisible, so I stood no chance. Didn't go any better 2nd time through. Mind you, DM reward is a unique staff I have already so why bother?

Some leveling would surely do the trick for you with that Dragon, and try out some different combos/combat arts to get a better grasp of what the DM can do.

Has anyone had a legendary grinding a normal mob?

No I didn't but it it is possible. But the chance is much lower than a boss dropping a legendary.

@Max, well.... 31 is a bit much for me too eh :oooo:

Well, to be exactly it was 20 real legendaries and 11 set items like Kiras Wall, Maritha's Stake etc., which has the same drop chance as legendaries.

Guess we'll call you Squad leader... or Legendary General :sob:

Good idea for a forum title. :drinks:

If you need some SB (like you are fiending for it). Create your own server and lock it with pass on the easiest difficulty you can enter with some best gear you have but use no reflect combat arts or gear and nothing such as derogate or incendiary skin. In other words nothing that will hurt the monster... Then find a single monster and engage him.. Let him pound on you. Watch for a couple of minutes to make sure none of that reflect stuff is happening and none of the monsters friends are coming.

Ok now go to work or church or watch tv or do a hobby. Something besides sacred. Helps to have officer saber(s) or stalwort shield.

Example of easy invulnerability in low levels: go to bronze and smith or have a friend smith 4-5 sockets of Niobium anneal runes. They'll be lucky to hit you and they won't do any damage. Use correct relic.

Bravo everyone for showing up on this topic and adding info. This has become a wonderful read...and some peeps I knew were the big Legendary finders have shown up as well.. welcome Spunky and Slevin!

Slevin, your info especially was what I wanted to read about... as far as I know you're the biggest Legendary finder in HC..so your info is close to the road we'll need to make this happen more often and save my hair :bye: Spunky, can you tell me how many legendaries you've found so far? And now here's the question... Barristan and Slevin are sayin 1 per five hundred... does this make sense to you with the number of legendaries that you have found Spunky with the number of times you have farmed Guardians?

I ask because there is a significant difference tween the MF that you and slevin have... so it will be interesting to see what your feel on this is.

Barristan, you EP is outstanding! Have you begun farming regularly lately as well? I know I have.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...lol, I'm trying to do a minimum of 50 dead Guardians a day... more if my eyes don't burn out.. hopefully I can produce a few legendaries every once in a while... and a question..

I am running over and over Guardians... do you guys think running Guardians with more players on server have higher chances of dropping legendaries than running solo?

And...two days of farming now... Big goose egg in my wallet so far..but today's another day... I'll be farming this after noon after work!

gogo