The Secrets of Getting Legendaries in Sacred 2

I'm thinking about something, if it's true it's horrible...

What do you think about this, guys ?

-> Blue EP+MF modifier chances to find valuables : affect only MF% for Chest/Magical hidden places because it's only EP modifier

-> Yellow MF modifier chances to find valuables : affect ennemies drops because it's a general modifier.

Maybe that's why you don't find better stuff with EP blue modifiers and without EP ?

And, remember, for mini-sets (kira, charos, black death, maritha's legacy and nitaos), T-energy bosses have a little bit better droprate. :)

Edited by Woody

Not entirely sure what you mean Woody. Non-mastery EP affects monster drops & then the mastery then allows it to affect chests/etc.

The colour of the MF/CTFV mod shouldn't make any difference, especially as they are consolidated on the sigma tooltip.

Edit: No, non-mastery EP affects monster drops (per the devs).

Hey Llama,

I talk only about colors of these modifiers.

Why two ? Why yellow without EP needed and why blue with EP needed ?

Yes, they stack in the sigma, but have they the same effect ?

Not sure... (especially if the devs said it ! ^^)

Bravo everyone for showing up on this topic and adding info. This has become a wonderful read...and some peeps I knew were the big Legendary finders have shown up as well.. welcome Spunky and Slevin!

Slevin, your info especially was what I wanted to read about... as far as I know you're the biggest Legendary finder in HC..so your info is close to the road we'll need to make this happen more often and save my hair :bye: Spunky, can you tell me how many legendaries you've found so far? And now here's the question... Barristan and Slevin are sayin 1 per five hundred... does this make sense to you with the number of legendaries that you have found Spunky with the number of times you have farmed Guardians?

I ask because there is a significant difference tween the MF that you and slevin have... so it will be interesting to see what your feel on this is.

Barristan, you EP is outstanding! Have you begun farming regularly lately as well? I know I have.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...lol, I'm trying to do a minimum of 50 dead Guardians a day... more if my eyes don't burn out.. hopefully I can produce a few legendaries every once in a while... and a question..

I am running over and over Guardians... do you guys think running Guardians with more players on server have higher chances of dropping legendaries than running solo?

And...two days of farming now... Big goose egg in my wallet so far..but today's another day... I'll be farming this after noon after work!

:)

gogo

Around 500 bosses per legendary seems to be the ratio I'm finding them in, I'm curently up in 9 on my Shadow Warrior + a Kira's Wall and 3 legendaries on my Temple Guardian.

I can't answer the question about more people on servers equals better drops as I have done my boss farming alone 99% of the time.

Don't give up on your legendary hunt gogo, soon one will drop for you too :(

This good...this is what I wanted to hear...that the numbers match what you are undergoing as well. Interesting that you have less mp than slevin...but you're matching his drop rate ? Maybe I'll keep track of how many runs I'm doing a day.

Btw, do we count egg as a drop^ so does each Guardian run count as four or five drops at a time... do we count the egg ?

Dang Schot... forgot to mention the RIP... man... what worse thing to be imagined... to live the life of Ghost Story in Sacred 2

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:)

gogo

p.s. At least you scoffed away with the goodies... CHEATAH! *points* Cheatah!

Cool then..that means five per run, and if I do a MINIMUM of ten per day ...which I think I can handle...that makes fifty per day... holy FECAL MATTER! I'll have one before Christmas

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:superman:

gogo

I think the egg count as a boss since it surely drops like one, 1 legendary found on it currently.

As I said I don't remember where :superman: the Egg is a mechanical boss like Khral. ^^

Goooo Gogo, the last epic run to find a legendary ! ;)

Edited by Woody

You know, I could swear I remember reading about something to do with a sort of "chance counter" on a per kill bases. Meaning that a previous kill can have an influence on the next kill's drops. Is this something anyone else read as well or perhaps I dreamt it?

Hey Llama,

I talk only about colors of these modifiers.

Why two ? Why yellow without EP needed and why blue with EP needed ?

Yes, they stack in the sigma, but have they the same effect ?

Not sure... (especially if the devs said it ! ^^)

Blue is for Item Modifiers that can be affected by skills and Gold can't. I think I have that right...

Blue is for Item Modifiers that can be affected by skills and Gold can't. I think I have that right...

Daaaaaaaaah Schoooot I already knoooooow thiiiiiiiis. lool ^^

I just asked if they have the same effect or utility. (Yellow : MF% of Drops on monsters / Blue EP : MF% of drops in barrels, chest...)

Edited by Woody

There shouldn't be any difference between blue and yellow MF, it's probably just Ascaron's sloppy work on documenting stuff... :superman:

You know, I could swear I remember reading about something to do with a sort of "chance counter" on a per kill bases. Meaning that a previous kill can have an influence on the next kill's drops. Is this something anyone else read as well or perhaps I dreamt it?

That is the mechanic for quest monsters. The mobs you kill for a quest add up until you get a special drop during that quest.

Edited by Antitrust

The different numbers of bosses per legendary is random I think. But could also be possible that the different drop chances of the bosses has any influence.

Btw the numbers of killed bosses between legendary drops are not from one of my characters. They are from my brothers Shadow Warrior (Bratpfannenkönig II level 164) who has only killed the dragon on the dryad isle. I didn't wrote down how many bosses I killed. It is easier with an invisible Shadow Warrior because you can directly see the number of killed bosses in the statistics when you don't kill any other enemies. With my characters I also kill temple guardians and generators in the machine from time to time.

Another legendary drop rate from Dima: 447 bosses per legendary with level 160 Shadow Warrior (dryad dragon + guardians).

Barristan, you EP is outstanding! Have you begun farming regularly lately as well? I know I have.

Yup, and got a few legendaries to boot! (Soorn's, Gladiators Grimace (gave it away) and Stradals(wierd drop from egg))

Hehe, btw, EP mastery gives me 375% to find valuables, +the 200 on gear....

Starting from the next Legendary drop on my seraphim, I will start writing down the number of bosses. I'm thinking that almost 600% chance to find SHOULD matter.

Made me a veiled Shadow Warrior... gonna give him EP too... cannot take constitution because of that... :superman: One decloak and im gone probably. But hey! ;) im not scared :D

Greetz

The 375% you get from EP mastery, is that the one that is written in green? if I'm not completely wrong here that goes only by stuff that is in chest/barrels and not loot from enemies.

There shouldn't be any difference between blue and yellow MF, it's probably just Ascaron's sloppy work on documenting stuff... ;)

That is the mechanic for quest monsters. The mobs you kill for a quest add up until you get a special drop during that quest.

Ah thanx trust! That's what I was trying to remember. :superman: Is it "during" though or "add up to the point of receiving quest reward"?

Been digging through the creatures.txt today and started comparing dangerclass of the various bosses and enemies. Something that appears unique in that list is that Mutated OgreWarriors, Werewolves, Minotaurs and "IS_giantspider" all have a dangerclass = 9. dangerclass = 9 is quite high. Only one point below the dangerclass of the Guardians. If dangerclass has anything to do with drops, it might be worth trying to find a concentration of one of those Mutated types and check out the drops. An area of 20-50 9's could possibly be worth while...

Anca posted it here:

As far as I heard from the devs, the bosses are splittet into so called difficultiy levels which is having an influence on their loot table. Let's say a mini boss has the difficulty level 8, he will never have access to the whole loot table of bosses with difficulty level 10, but only to a part of it.

The loot table will vary a bit, but only in the given borders of his "difficulty level 8".

This level of difficulty bound to every mob and boss leads also to the additional item you get when you did enough quests having as objective one of them.

Doing a quest, the system adds to you (hidden) counter the DL of the mobs /bosses you had to kill for that. After a certain value you get the extra item and your counter resets and starts from the scratch.

This told me a dev as we visited them some weeks ago, I did not know it either since this counter is nowhere to see in the game. They said, it's a way to reward people who are doing quests more than farming bosses.

Anca posted it here:

As far as I heard from the devs, the bosses are splittet into so called difficultiy levels which is having an influence on their loot table. Let's say a mini boss has the difficulty level 8, he will never have access to the whole loot table of bosses with difficulty level 10, but only to a part of it.

The loot table will vary a bit, but only in the given borders of his "difficulty level 8".

This level of difficulty bound to every mob and boss leads also to the additional item you get when you did enough quests having as objective one of them.

Doing a quest, the system adds to you (hidden) counter the DL of the mobs /bosses you had to kill for that. After a certain value you get the extra item and your counter resets and starts from the scratch.

This told me a dev as we visited them some weeks ago, I did not know it either since this counter is nowhere to see in the game. They said, it's a way to reward people who are doing quests more than farming bosses.

Aaaaah, very interesting. Thanx trust. the difficulty level she talks about must be the same as the "dangerclass = 9" that I'm reading in the creatures.txt. There's 30 "10's" and oddly only 16 "9's". I think I also saw that some of the campaign and mini bosses are "8's". EDIT: Correction, Quest Bosses seem to be 8's as well as most Champions. Guardians are primarily "10's" but it looks like there is one "9" among the Guardians. I think the Bestiary may soon need an additional detail added to each and every one...

I've heard that the "Tree Spirit Champions" on Dryad island dropping legendaries, might want to dig around in the files and see if you can spot their danger class and loot tables.

Interesting. Picking out the dangerclass for Tree types is a bit difficult but it looks as though the tree types you're talking about are named as "ent" in the flie. The highest rated ents are tenerg_ent_a and tenerg_ent_b which have dangerclass 10. It looks as though those are two different types of mutated Tree Champs. Looks like a worthwhile go. :superman:

P.s.

You'd need to lure some to a T-Energy pool and convert them of course.

Something that appears unique in that list is that Mutated OgreWarriors, Werewolves, Minotaurs and "IS_giantspider" all have a dangerclass = 9. dangerclass = 9 is quite high.

Flashbacks to giant spiders in S1.. about only mutated giant spider I have seen is part of the unique mount quest. Can't say I have seen any more. Not enough minotaurs around to farm them for long, werewolves are already known to drop best quality uniques.

Something that appears unique in that list is that Mutated OgreWarriors, Werewolves, Minotaurs and "IS_giantspider" all have a dangerclass = 9. dangerclass = 9 is quite high.

Flashbacks to giant spiders in S1.. about only mutated giant spider I have seen is part of the unique mount quest.

Only giant spider I've seen.

Old post about t-mutant drop chance boosting in SIF

Mainly posts 8+11

Some tests with the serafim shopper made considering building an item hunter a good idea - with good boss killing and t-mutant luring. Was cancelled when deciding that our chests are way too full anyway and the character if played in a party would be best party with another character of the same type to lure even more.

The base idea:

techno-celestial seraphim

Life leech from celestial set and perhaps weapon for x% life leech with archangel wrath (dual shot) for fast boss killing

Instant Belief to charm a bunch of enemies and lead them to t-energy swamps (mountain between octopus and harbour at main quest)

Doing senses for better magical find and perhaps even bargaining to work out a good energy shield

Edited by chattius