Officially joining PC players

us since it was the only option it gave me this morning. and thank you for the welcome. now if the download would only hurry.

Edit: went back to steam website to re download for uk version only to see that they don't offer it :thumbsup:

Edited by galei

I "think" I read that Steam can go either way. Just a matter of which lobby is chosen before activation is processed. However I'm pretty sure that Ice and Blood is not available for Steam... Though I'm also pretty sure that someone posted a way to make Ice and Blood work with Steam... Why did Ascaron have to make this so complicated. *sigh*

At any rate. Here's how you set the server:

The folders and files might be hidden depending on your windows settings.

1. Go to the folder:
    XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\[uSERNAME]\Local Settings\Application Data\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2
    Vista/Win 7:
    C:\users\[AccountName]\AppData\Local\AscaronEntertainment\Sacred 2
  2. Create a text file called optionsCustom.txt
  3. Inside that put:
    network.lobby_ip = "eu.sacred2.net"
    network.lobby_port = 6800

4. Save the file
  5. Delete options.txt file if it is in the same folder
  6. Now when Sacred 2 starts it should connect to the EU lobby

Once you've done that you can activate your key by starting the game and choosing Closed Net. After clicking the Closed Net button make sure that the lobby is eu.sacred2.net. If you see us.sacred2.net do not complete the activation. Come back here and let us know. Found some interesting reading regarding this on the Steam forum:

The alternative client!

sadly due to budget I couldnt purchase ice and blood, and am wondering if I would still be able to play with you guys on the server without expansion?

I'm sorry about the budget not panning out, galei. Most of us here I think (PC) are playing in Expansion...and you would need expansion to get into the servers.

:)

gogo

ok thanks for clearing that up. and no worries some time this month ill get it

as of today I have purchased sacred 2 for the pc from steam and am slowly awaiting the moment I can get on and enjoy the online play.

TRADER! :)

I is the jealous. Now you get access to such niceities as black smithing, free set gear a properly working paralyzing dread and the goodness that is Ice and Blood. The very sparse console online community will miss you.

If you cannot get Ice and Blood you might want to check if there are still anyone eu still playing without I and B. There are US players you can usually find a game in my experience. Maybe not a full server, but someone to play with depending what time of day it is.

as of today I have purchased sacred 2 for the pc from steam and am slowly awaiting the moment I can get on and enjoy the online play.

TRADER! :P

I is the jealous. Now you get access to such niceities as black smithing, free set gear a properly working paralyzing dread and the goodness that is Ice and Blood. The very sparse console online community will miss you.

not quiting the online community ill still hit it up just for my amazing bfg seraphim :cry: