Connection Error (10) message appearing. =/ Any clues?

So I thought last night, oh screw lets have a go in Closed HC mode, so I created a character just fine, got to the lobby page joined a lobby and got to the load screen. Next thing I know I'm back at the log in screen with a 'Connection Error (10)' message appearing. =/ Any clues?

Also for when I do get there, should I make a utility char first (probably vaclaf's 'Dwarf in my left arm' build if yes)? also an addon to this question. what level should I put blacksmith to? Is there any point to going any higher than just picking the skill? Or should I keep it at level?

I really wanna make an inquisitor, but as it' HC mode I wanna actually be able to get somewhere, and I think that making a utility char with the energy shield would make most other following chars safe.

:thumbsup:

That's a very good idea sam and it will make HC way more fun. And survivable too. ^^ A Temple Guardian build would be perfect. The way I built my utility network was to build from the bottom up. So start with a level 2-5. The gear bought by a level 2 Bargainer can provide with such good equipment that you won't even need to change it until level 30-ish.

As for how high to make Bargaining it depends on how high you wanna go. The higher the skill level the better the smith arts will be and only up to a set amount. Gah, can't remember what the cap is. I think it caps at 125% of character level... Short answer is not more than 75. The rest of the skill points you'd need can be gotten from equipment.

That's a very good idea sam and it will make HC way more fun. And survivable too. ^^ A Temple Guardian build would be perfect. The way I built my utility network was to build from the bottom up. So start with a level 2-5. The gear bought by a level 2 Bargainer can provide with such good equipment that you won't even need to change it until level 30-ish.

As for how high to make Bargaining it depends on how high you wanna go. The higher the skill level the better the smith arts will be and only up to a set amount. Gah, can't remember what the cap is. I think it caps at 125% of character level... Short answer is not more than 75. The rest of the skill points you'd need can be gotten from equipment.

Allright awesome, so my first char will be a Temple Guardian =D

And any ideas about connecting or how to solve it? Can't do anything till thats sorted. (will quickly try again and report back :thumbsup:)

Allright awesome, so my first char will be a Temple Guardian =D

And any ideas about connecting or how to solve it? Can't do anything till thats sorted. (will quickly try again and report back :thumbsup:)

I'll see if I can beat Schot to this question. Are you running a Anti-virus or Firewall program on your PC?

I'll see if I can beat Schot to this question. Are you running a Anti-virus or Firewall program on your PC?

As far as I know I have no firewall (and I think windows built-in is turned off) Only Firewall stuff that I think is on is the routers internal one if there is one and I opened port 6800 anyway.

Anti-virus: Yes, AVG free :thumbsup: (haven't seen anyoption to open any ports on this if there is any option to do so, and I looked hard enough when trying to open ports for Guild Wars)

Hope this helps. :)

Haha, good one loco. :thumbsup: Oh, I do believe AVG and Sacred 2 are sworn enemies. You might want to disable, maim and mutilate that. ^^

EDIT:

Ah, here we go. Some nice reading material. Warning For Avg-users AVG is an absolute "no go" if you want to play Sacred 2.

Haha, good one loco. :thumbsup: Oh, I do believe AVG and Sacred 2 are sworn enemies. You might want to disable, maim and mutilate that. ^^

EDIT:

Ah, here we go. Some nice reading material. Warning For Avg-users AVG is an absolute "no go" if you want to play Sacred 2.

Yep. gotta say ever since we all switched to MS Security Essentials a month or 2 ago I have had no problems at all.

just installed ms security thingy :P Gonna delete AVG in a bit.

Do I really have to

The only solution:

revoke the activation key's, un-install everything, re-install everything without the last patch and pray someone at Deep Silver is smart enough to ensure this problem is solved in another patch.

If not we're screwed. Big time.

? =/

edit: Hmm, maybe not

Hmm what about uninstalling AVG ? Would it work then without reinstalling Sacred 2 ?

EDIT: AND THATS EXACTLY HOW I SOLVED IT! w00t time to find a new antivirus program!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by sam6555
just installed ms security thingy :P Gonna delete AVG in a bit.

Do I really have to

The only solution:

revoke the activation key's, un-install everything, re-install everything without the last patch and pray someone at Deep Silver is smart enough to ensure this problem is solved in another patch.

If not we're screwed. Big time.

? =/

edit: Hmm, maybe not

Hmm what about uninstalling AVG ? Would it work then without reinstalling Sacred 2 ?

EDIT: AND THATS EXACTLY HOW I SOLVED IT! w00t time to find a new antivirus program!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I've never had the problem myself so I can't say for certain but I figured that as soon as you get rid of AVG sacred 2 will run fine. If it doesn't then I guess AVG blocked a file from coming through a patch. In that case you'd need to uninstall/reinstall. The revoke process is included in the uninstall.

As for this problem being fixed I assume the problem is with AVG and not sacred 2. I don't think I've heard of any other anti virus causing this problem. Oh and when installing anything your anti virus should always be off. Unless you don't trust the software you're installing.

EDIT:

lol, gratz! ^^

DOUBLE EDIT:

Chareos? :P

Okay so morning all :P

I uninstalled AVG, and installed MS Security and still having connection problems, so I'm going to reinstall Sacred 2 :s oh well. brb in about...3 hours O.o

edit: Okay reinstalling fixed it =D Guess this is my notice of joining closed net HC ^_^ Gonna get a utility Temple Guardian rolling first.

Edited by sam6555
edit: Okay reinstalling fixed it =D Guess this is my notice of joining closed net HC ^_^ Gonna get a utility Temple Guardian rolling first.

Great hearing Sam. Tear up the servers...leave a few monster for me... blender needs his legendaries

:whistle:

gogo

That sounds like good news. on Ice and blood right? EU servers? give us the name of your Temple Guardian and we can keep an eye out for ya. slap ya with some gold and goodies to get ya rollin'!

Great hearing Sam. Tear up the servers...leave a few monster for me... blender needs his legendaries

gogo

Awesome =D Thanks for all the help and yeah, EU servers with Ice and Blood. My Temple Guardian's name is Efreet, but if I apply to [D.a.r.k] and am successful, wont I need to recreate with the tag in the name?

That sounds like good news. on Ice and blood right? EU servers? give us the name of your Temple Guardian and we can keep an eye out for ya. slap ya with some gold and goodies to get ya rollin'!

gogo

Awesome =D Thanks for all the help and yeah, EU servers with Ice and Blood. My Temple Guardian's name is Efreet, but if I apply to [D.a.r.k] and am successful, wont I need to recreate with the tag in the name?

See this topic for instructions on applying to [D.a.r.k] Until then you can run all you like with your own names. [D.a.r.k] members are asked to identify there Chars with the [D.a.r.k] tag but we still use our old chars too. it is not neccessary to scrap any toons if you were to apply to [D.a.r.k]. Just so there is no confusion the [D.a.r.k] tag is only for use by members of the clan [D.a.r.k] that have been properly voted in by its members.

:lol:

gogo

See this topic for instructions on applying to [D.a.r.k] Until then you can run all you like with your own names. [D.a.r.k] members are asked to identify there Chars with the [D.a.r.k] tag but we still use our old chars too. it is not neccessary to scrap any toons if you were to apply to [D.a.r.k]. Just so there is no confusion the [D.a.r.k] tag is only for use by members of the clan [D.a.r.k] that have been properly voted in by its members.

Received and understood loco :) Will sort it out in about half hour.

• 4 years later...

Running Sacred 2 in singleplayer is technically similar to trying to join a multiplayer server. The only difference is that both client process (you can see it under the name of "sacred2.exe" in the Task Manager) and server process ("s2gs.exe") are running on the same machine. If an antivirus program blocks s2gs, and it crashes, you can get the same "connection error" and "server has disconnected" messages that you commonly expect to see in multiplayer. Try to check if your antivirus or firewall has this executable file on its block list and unblock it. If adding special permissions for Sacred 2 server is impossible or won't help, maybe you'd have to temporary turn off the antivirus while playing Sacred 2 - as it can be played without Internet connection the computer won't be seriously endangered (just don't forget to turn on the antivirus when going online).