Dryad Island Dragon Glitch (PS3)

This is a simple trick that respawns the dryad island around 20-30 times, the 2 most important things that govern the glitch is 1. on your way to the portal to the outside, the boss dragon MUST be in your previous enemy killed list, 2. when you re-enter the cave the previous enemy killed list MUST NOT have the boss dragon listed. I also don't open the boxes in the cave, I don't know if that is neccesary or not, but it's best to keep things consistent for it to work best. Generally speaking all you have to do is as soon as you kill the boss dragon run for the portal without killing the other young dragons or panthers, when outside kill 3 enemies, then run back in and repeat. This glitch is not perfect unlike the orc cave, sometimes when you return to the boss area he wont be there, but if you go back again he will be. Sometimes you can kill him 16 times in a row, and he will be gone, then you might get 6 in a row etc, he will always return after a certain amount of time as said below. I have beaten him 34 times in a row before he disappeared for a run, so it's completely random when he disappears. This glitch is just for fun, it by no means is more effective to get 3 star items or experience more so than other boss runs etc, so don't leave comments on how the orc cave is better or the nameless runs etc. He did drop a eternal block once however, usually it's just set pieces or 3 star rings/amulets. I found this glitch with an old friend on my psn several months ago but decided to keep it amongst ourselves and friends, but I decided to share it with everyone so enjoy! for best results run past all the enimies in the cave, and run to the portal asap after the dragon dies, this seems to ensure the dragon respawns more frequently.

Edited by Cloudnine7
I thought the dragon on the Dryad island auto-respawned all the time by default? Maybe I was imagining things?! :)

it will if you follow the rules, it easily to accidently do. but there is now way to do it 15 times in a row, without knowing the glitch ^_^

I thought the dragon on the Dryad island auto-respawned all the time by default? Maybe I was imagining things?! :)

it will if you follow the rules, it's easily to accidently do. but there is now way to do it 15 times in a row, without knowing the glitch ^_^

it will in fact respawn after so long (5-10 minutes) or so, but if you follow the above said rules it will respawn instantly for so many runs. then it will disappear for 1 run then come back on the next. which is much better than waiting if you want to do a superfast boss run.

That's cool. Glitching isn't really my thing, but I'm sure there are a fair few people who will find this information useful. Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)

thanks I hope so to

Edited by Cloudnine7
I thought the dragon on the Dryad island auto-respawned all the time by default? Maybe I was imagining things?! :cry:

it will if you follow the rules, it's easily to accidently do. but there is now way to do it 15 times in a row, without knowing the glitch ^_^

it will in fact respawn after so long (5-10 minutes) or so, but if you follow the above said rules it will respawn instantly for so many runs. then it will disappear for 1 run then come back on the next. which is much better than waiting if you want to do a superfast boss run.

That's cool. Glitching isn't really my thing, but I'm sure there are a fair few people who will find this information useful. Welcome to the forums, by the way. :bow:

thanks I hope so to

Definitely my fave cave :P

Good stuff, Cloudnine7! Thanks for that!

Nope, he's a well known place for farming legendaries, have done it myself but he stopped respawning after 10-15 kills.

Edited by Spunky

My "nope" was to your question about if he was a campaign boss, and yes this can be a quite good place for legendaries if you are you lucky with his respawns.

Edited by Spunky
My "nope" was to your question about if he was a campaign boss, and yes this can be a quite good place for legendaries if you are you lucky with his respawns.

O.k.... im fairly new to the game but not so new that I thought I was missing a dragon to kill. So is the dryad island you are talking about Dyr-Laigh? If so, where in the heck is the dragon I am missing?

hmmm...still...comparing him to five potential drops in a room for the guardians versus this dragon...still, dragons are kinda cool ^^

:)

gogo

Thank you! Is there a reason that this doesnt show up on the wiki map of ancaria? I just looked all over it after I linked to Map of Ancaria off of the wiki and im pretty darn sure it wasnt on there.

Ah, you're right. One of the maps is slightly out of date. The Ice & Blood Map however should have everything your heart would desire. ^^

As for farming this Dragon I'm kinda with gogo on the comparison. I'm not sure that respawning this dragon is better than 5 bosses in one room via the Nameless Guardians. Is there maybe something that only this Dragon can drop?

But the good thing with this Dragon is that you can kill him as many times as possible without changing servers if you'll get lucky with his respawns.

I thought the dragon on the Dryad island auto-respawned all the time by default? Maybe I was imagining things?! :(

That's cool. Glitching isn't really my thing, but I'm sure there are a fair few people who will find this information useful. Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)

thanks I hope so to

Definitely my fave cave :)

Good stuff, Cloudnine7! Thanks for that!

no problem good luck with the loot

Yeah the random no-respawns are annoying, if you have fast run speed you could go to another boss or two then run back and he should be there again, if it seems like the glitch is broken and he isn't respawning, and probably get another 15 kills or more if your lucky when he returns.

Edited by Cloudnine7

Thank you! Is there a reason that this doesnt show up on the wiki map of ancaria? I just looked all over it after I linked to Map of Ancaria off of the wiki and im pretty darn sure it wasnt on there.

Ah, you're right. One of the maps is slightly out of date. The Ice & Blood Map however should have everything your heart would desire. ^^

As for farming this Dragon I'm kinda with gogo on the comparison. I'm not sure that respawning this dragon is better than 5 bosses in one room via the Nameless Guardians. Is there maybe something that only this Dragon can drop?

you run right by the cave in the shadow campaign when you have to return the poison to the informant. as I stated in the opening topic, I never said it was better than doing nameless runs or any other boss runs it's just for fun and his loot is fairly normal from what I've seen.

Edited by Cloudnine7

looks like I still hold the record lol. make sure to take a second to check the previous killed list to make sure he is off the list when you walk back in cuz it messes up big time if you do walk in and he is on the list, and it's best just to run straight for the tele after you kill him, also if you have an inquisitor with the the Greed mod on the desecration Combat Art don't forget to blow him up after you kill him for another possible loot drop XD. It only works on non campaign bosses.

Edited by Cloudnine7