DarkMatters and SacredWiki Maintenance and Moving

EDIT:

Presently DarkMatters and SacredWiki can only be read. For the time being while we transfer the two sites they will reamain as read only. Not for too long. Posting and submiting should continue on Sunday. We are in the process of moving to a new host. This means that the sites must undergo DNS Propagation which in turn means that some time must pass before we can continue to post again. There's no specific time frame for this process as it differes for everyone but it should take about 48 hours. For some it's possible it will take more or less time.

When I see from our end that the process is nearly complete I will update the notice at the top of the forum.

See you on the other side!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Heya gang. Just shooting off a quick message to let you guys know I'm doing a bit of work on the sites. Might be a wee bit sluggish so back up your long write-ups in Notepad just in case ok. :)

Well the deal is done. Signed sealed and delivered. We are about to embark onto a new server promising wonders beyond the imagination! That is to say... We're changing hosts! ^^ We will likely be closing DarkMatters, SacredWiki, (and Schot? Please please!) on Saturday February the 27th and the following Sunday.

More news to come...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh big plans, haha. Oh yes indeedy. Nothing is set in stone yet though but as soon as decisions have been set in motion we'll certainly be making a lot of noise about it. ^^

Haha guys. Life will go on somehow. Awh who am I kidding. Ok the truth is there may be some casualties due to the horror of FDM detachment. Be strong! :P

Things are coming along well so far. I'm in the midst of shuffling files around and whatnot. I hit a bit of a roadblock due to a restriction on our new host but nothing serious. :P

Things are coming along well so far. I'm in the midst of shuffling files around and whatnot. I hit a bit of a roadblock due to a restriction on our new host but nothing serious. :P

Any software updates in store with the move or is that still in the works for later?

"Hopefully" There are some much needed updates for FDM and the wiki. We also have a software to bridge the two which is what's been holding us back since that software needs an update from it's author in order for it to work with the new versions of the forum and the wiki. We might just go ahead with the upgrades and see what happens.

Let that be a warning to you all, haha. There may be a few bumps in the road after the weekend so get your hard hats ready. ^^ Oh and gogo and I have come to a decision on the sites closing. We'll keep the sites open for reading but submitting or posting will be turned off.

"Hopefully" There are some much needed updates for FDM and the wiki. We also have a software to bridge the two which is what's been holding us back since that software needs an update from it's author in order for it to work with the new versions of the forum and the wiki. We might just go ahead with the upgrades and see what happens.

Let that be a warning to you all, haha. There may be a few bumps in the road after the weekend so get your hard hats ready. ^^ Oh and gogo and I have come to a decision on the sites closing. We'll keep the sites open for reading but submitting or posting will be turned off.

I think we should take over the EU closed net server lobby for our chat and communication fix. so anybody going through comm withdrawal can just log on to the Closed Net lobby to stay connected to your buds! :P

I think we should take over the EU closed net server lobby for our chat and communication fix. so anybody going through comm withdrawal can just log on to the Closed Net lobby to stay connected to your buds! :P

LOL

that's a wicked idea!

:)

gogo

Naaaaah what I read ?!

No FDM saturdryad and sunday !! :P:cry:

Ok.........

Hmmm

Idea !

Boty Kaffemachine will stay in a niob permanent server all the Saturday and Sunday, to serv coffee to who need it !

I'll also try to refresh serv sometimes in the day.

Hope you'll all enjoy while waiting. :)

Good luck Schot !

:bow:

lol, ooooh. Shall I create a lobby channel providing live updates of our progress? :cry:

Best of luck guys and hope that the move goes without any hiccups. :P

At least you have one thing on your side....you wont have Dags hitting the Red Button when he shouldn't. Don__t_push_the_button_by_ManiacalMuffin.gif

I think we should take over the EU closed net server lobby for our chat and communication fix. so anybody going through comm withdrawal can just log on to the Closed Net lobby to stay connected to your buds! :drinks:

lol, ooooh. Shall I create a lobby channel providing live updates of our progress? :help:

Yes :)

And I love the hippy style site :)