DarkMatters and SacredWiki Maintenance and Moving

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually a pretty cool idea... :D Couldn't you make a few and make them sponsor shirts? Like if it costs you $15 to make them, sell them for $25 + shipping? Now that's a fun way of getting supporting members :)

So do I need to register on the other site was well, or can I sign in with my current account from here?

That site is... oooooh... headache inducing! I love it haha! :oooo:

Haha, it sure is. We won't be using it after all though. Unless gogo changes his mind. ^^

We could make T shirts... I survived the groove forum

:)

gogo

Actually a pretty cool idea... :) Couldn't you make a few and make them sponsor shirts? Like if it costs you $15 to make them, sell them for $25 + shipping? Now that's a fun way of getting supporting members ;)

Oooooh, perhaps something for when the changes have completed. ^^

And speaking of changes there's a change in plans this weekend. After careful consideration and advisement from our new host provider I'll only be moving the sites. No upgrades this weekend. I was informed that running upgrades while our DNS propagates could complicate things. So rather than deal with the possibility of everything going wrong all at once I'm going to space out the chaos a bit. So! Just a move this weekend.

What this means is that at (EDITED TO) 10pm EST time, about 4.5 hours from now, I'm going to turn off the ability to make submissions to the forum and wiki. We'll allow the sites to be read however. Most likely before I go to bed tonight I will turn on the moved forum and wiki so that as our DNS propagates you will all be able to post again. For some of you this might finish in a matter of hours. For others it's possible that it could take several days. It all depends on where you are in the world and how often your ISP's have their DNS records set to renew. I'll set something up at the top of the forum so that it will be easy for you guys to recognize the old forum from the new and same with the wiki.

If all goes well I'll be well on my way to upgrading the sites the following weekend! :yay:

That's correct loco and not long at all. Since I've already set up the majority of our sites on the new server I'll only need to make a fresh backup up of the forum and wiki databases and replace the existing ones on the new server. Should be no more than an hour. As for DNS propagation I've seen it happen as fast as a few hours.

Not to worry Dragon. I'll make sure you all know. Keep an eye on the header at the top of the forum. I'll place a Welcome notice there in the other server version of the forum. :)

I bet that this isnt write...im sure we would see schots message if it had worked.

He is maybe waiting for his own ISP to update DNS. I was seeing him on the read-only site right up until midnight when I think my ISP must have updated.

True...you might be right. I havent seen that message for a while now...

Edit: Mind you, the (OFFLINE) is kinda bugging me...

yeah, me too. I think he did that just before the backup. As soon as he gets in I think We'll see him change it.

So while he's not here, what sort of mischief do you reckon we can get up to :(

Aha! Gotchyah! :)

Welcome to the other side gang. Oh man I just couldn't wait so I cheated. Changed my hosts file to redirect me to the new server. Now I just gotta run and see if I can open up the doors for everyone.

Good to be back. Whew!

Ok, I think I enabled everyone's posting ability. I'mah goin tah bed! Carry on with your mischief. :(

After the job you've done, you deserve to sleep well.

Bravo Schot :)