"Special offer" with Bargaining skill?

What exactly does this mean, "Special offer"? Like a drastically reduced price on a particular item? Is the percentage change the change that this price reduction will happen or is it a percentage reduction on all prices?

If it was a percentage chance of a one shot reduction in price on a particular item, how would we recognize this item in game (not that it matters if the item is crap, but still... would suck to assume that a particular item is crap based purely on its price tag only to find out it's actually disgustingly awesome... just saying. :))

Okay so that's uh... 4 questions. Anybody have any solid answers on them? :D

What exactly does this mean, "Special offer"? Like a drastically reduced price on a particular item? Is the percentage change the change that this price reduction will happen or is it a percentage reduction on all prices?

If it was a percentage chance of a one shot reduction in price on a particular item, how would we recognize this item in game (not that it matters if the item is crap, but still... would suck to assume that a particular item is crap based purely on its price tag only to find out it's actually disgustingly awesome... just saying. :))

Its not anything to do with price, its the rarity of the item offered.

Its not anything to do with price, its the rarity of the item offered.

Oh. I thought there was two separate values that were affected by Bargaining, % Special offer and % +Quality of Wares... maybe I misread this though. :cry:

There are... but the way I read it quality of wares improves the values on the items themselves and % for special offer increases the chance to find a really nice item. If your bargaining is high enough you can have the shop only show gold items except for those damn shields! Of course some of the items are still much better than others but they are the special offers maybe.

There are... but the way I read it quality of wares improves the values on the items themselves and % for special offer increases the chance to find a really nice item. If your bargaining is high enough you can have the shop only show gold items except for those damn shields! Of course some of the items are still much better than others but they are the special offers maybe.

Alright, that would make a lot of sense. :P Thanks for clearing that up!

I did notice that as soon as I had put even a single point into Bargaining (this is on xbox 360), the quality of available items increased significantly. Makes it a very useful skill to have! (But we already knew that.)

1) So if there was a sword with 100 damage does chance for special offer give it a chance to make it stronger? (basicly give it more damage)

2)So if there was a sword with 100 damage and you had quality of item at +100% does it go to 200 damage?

3)Im just makeing sure because some people say with there fighter gear they get better items rather than when there with there bargaining gear... can someone just say like... :whistle:

:oooo::yay::crazy::):drinks::paladin::butcher::BlobRed::evil:

1)true or not true

2)true or not true

then 3) just explain it

:oooo::yay::crazy::):help::paladin::butcher::BlobRed::evil:

Edited by Born to kill

Lol...I'm not really sure specifically how it does work, but all you need to know is that if you have bargaining at a high enough value compared to your level you will be able to find certain items like lightsabers or lifeleech shurikens that you wouldnt neccessarily be able to find and that the other items you do find are more likely to have better sockets/more item mods and maybe higher item mods (higher values may occur naturally theycould just be vary rare and bargaining increases you're chance to find them).

Here is a link to the thread that Antitrust did to explain the Tier structure for quality of items. if you study the tiers you can see how the quality ( junk, normal, magic, Rare, unique, legendary) go up with the tiers. Bargaining and Enhanced perception both add value to your chance to see higher tier items.

With no bargaining you will spend eternity looking at merchants and seeing only junk and normal items. With bargaining you raise your available tier to see better items. And the higher the bargaining the higher the tier thats possible and the better the chance that the higher tier will appear. so....

* Part of the bargaining bonus raises the quality tier available, and the other part raises the chance that those high quality items will appear.

The values of the bonuses/mods on an item are more likely to come from the difficulty level and item level as opposed to the bargaining level. so your 100 damage item will always be 100 damage but the modifiers available on the item can improve.

her is the thread: http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...1417#post531417

Hey, thanks a lot for explaining that Loco... definitely makes me want to put Bargaining and EP on all of my characters now! :help:

Edit: Just read the post that you linked, loco. That was probably one of the most concise and informative posts I've read in some time. Apparently I need to pay more attention to the other forum too! :drinks:

Edited by Scrappy McSlap
Hey, thanks a lot for explaining that Loco... definitely makes me want to put Bargaining and EP on all of my characters now! :help:

Edit: Just read the post that you linked, loco. That was probably one of the most concise and informative posts I've read in some time. Apparently I need to pay more attention to the other forum too! :drinks:

Antitrust is one of our guys here at FDM too. and at one time I think I saw that post here at FDM. but I was able to find it there and bookmarked it.