Shadow Warrior Dark Chain Quest Problems

Knuckles

I was going thru the character specific chain quest for a Dark Shadow Warrior and got stuck. I completed the Fallen Heroes and Relatives chapters but it simply stopped after that. Both show as completed but now I have no further information in the logbook and have no quest marker to show the way to the next step. I've tried re-doing it in Gold and Plat (1st try was in Silver) and got stuck at the same spot. Has anyone else done the Shadow Warrior chain quest and could tell me the next step or is it now broken?

Will try with a new Shadow Warrior character but was hoping someone might have some insight or direction for my current one.

Since I have done this quest a few times before, the next step should be standing on the road just behind the Wall into Human region.

The next step is then in Griffinborough;

then at Trallheim Manner - its under the building in the basement;

then at Orcish Byway (quest is in a cemetary outside town, don't forget to talk to the orc when you exit cave);

the next step isn't so easy to explain - it is near the blade fields in Orcish region, in a crevice along south wall, very close to where river appears out of mountains.

The next step after that is on seraphim island right in front of the head seraphim - you get to fight a dragon, and will probably need to portal out as the auto portal doesn't seem to work (there is a button you can press on quest description);

The next step after that is fun to find, as its in the dragon tunnels (he is after the maze, under the right most island of the 4), you have to meet an orc that wants you to backtrack in caves to a meet a dragon with him.

The next step is in the swamp;

The next step is in the desert, at Khorum;

and then near Twitty Tister

The following step is in dryad region, at the dock you land at - you need to go to a cave just before the forest guardian;

I think next step is the wastelands, at the starter village there, and then right towards end of game, just before you reach the end boss.

As far as I recall, the class quest is the same on dark/light, its only the campaign that changes.

It seems you will have to find them each time, which is a pain.

Edited by colif

The same thing has happened to the seraphim quests, once you do the 2nd stage the quest just doesn't tell you where the remainder of quest chain is. Finding it at Sonnenwind was just lucky for me, I had to go to every town after that to find next steps, luckily I had played one long before Ice and Blood and knew some of the steps (though I was getting it confused with an inquisitor also) and where it ended. There are only about 6 quests in the seraphim chain, hardly any compared to Shadow Warrior or others I suspect.

• 2 months later...
tyvm colif...I was going crazy trying to find the next step in the quest line

I think this is a glitch with ice & Blood. It seems all those quest links are now broken, well they are for Seraphim and Dragon Mage. They worked fine for me until I installed Ice & Blood. :D

Yes, it only started happening after Ice and Blood, I think adding the new regions and new quests to log broke the tracking. It happens a lot on normal quests too, so if you don't know where next step is, you are stuffed. There are two quests that also link up to a circle found in middle of sea, which isn't their actual end location, and can make you run around in wrong direction unless you look at the main map.

Trying to complete the quoted quest chain (see below) without knowing what you are meant to do is fun.

Studying the past

• Old battles

• A fair deal

Its located in swamp, btw. The step where you are meant to kill skeletons doesn't activate like it used to.. you can run off from Old Battles and never know it had a 2nd part. This may have been fixed in CM, I am unsure. But most of the tracking isn't.

Edited by colif

I've also noticed that you now get tracking to npcs that have explanation marks above their heads, which is really annoying. I'm not to bothered about the Seraphim quests as I know the locations, but the Dragon Mage I'm running around like a headless chicken looking for the quest locations.

The extra npc's are for the staff quest (see sticky in this forum) but bizarrely once you actually get that quest the circles disappear. That is just a cruel joke.

Most of the quest markers work, you just need to highlight the quest in log book. It is just a few that don't play nice.

Thanks colif, I'll check out the sticky. I tried the clicking in the quest book but it seems not to work, not with the Seraphim anyways, although my Dryad seems to be ok.

Currently playing a seraphim myself, I know what you mean about class quest, I had to run all around world trying to find the part after Thylysium, I had to remember from a year or so before when I had played a seraphim before. At least her quest doesn't go to end of wastelands like Shadow Warrior one does.

I haven't tried the Shadow Warrior, but luckly the Seraphim quests are largely around the main plot locations so eventually you tend to stumble on to them eventually. But I don't suppose that this glitch is going to get fixed anytime soon.

Not by DS, that is for sure. I am not sure if it is a coding issue, as otherwise if we got a list of quest names together that don't work, maybe the CM team could fix it.

It can't see it being a major problem, but the break is when you complete a part of the quest and then go onto the next major part of the quest that you get the breaks. Case in point with Seraphim quest I.e. The Hunt, The Hunt II, Children and Demons, Children and Demons II. There are broken links in all these parts of the quest.