Great Cave for Leveling in Tyr Lysia!

Hey there readers,

So, I was cruisin' around Tyr Lysia grinding on some kobolds to the west when I entered a cave. The cave has 6 mobs in it, 3 regular, 3 elite (champion?). They are Earth Elemental mobs. Personally, I have noticed that the earth elementals give quite good experience over kobolds, wolves, bears, boars, ect.

I have been grinding this cave for a few hours now, and it takes about 35-45 seconds to clear the entire cave. Currently my main character is a Level 34 Dryad Tank. She doesn't do a whole lot of Area of Effect and so it may take other players a shorter amount of time to clear the cave. The earth elementals in this cave seem to drop mostly cash, potions, and regular items. I would also like to mention that my current % chance to find valuables is about 35%. I have found a couple set pieces but nothing too great. So this is not the BEST place to farm for set items. BUT! it is a great place for experience. At my current level (with Light Potion of the Mentor) I am gaining roughly 1,200 experience per reg. mod and 2,500 per elite mob. My Mentor potions last about 3 runs although I have about 22% increase to potion length. One potion should be sufficient for 2 runs with no +% to potion length.

SO, I calculated it. . . . and it takes roughly 25 minutes for my character to gain a level by using the following method:

Enter cave, round up all 6 mobs (make sure you have them all, its a waste of time to do them 1 by 1, 2 by 2, or 3 by 3), begin beating on an elite and when elite is at half health I pop a mentor potion (to benefit from every second of the potion, you don't want to kill the mobs without it on), THE NEXT STEP IS IMPORTANT: Leave, but DO NOT loot any chests or barrels from the cave (its really not that big of a deal if you do, its just a waste of time going back out to the menu and re-entering Silver Free World because the mobs will not respawn if you loot anything but the items from the mobs. And if you can, try to spend the least amount of time possible in the cave there is always the risk of taking to long resulting in no respawns the next time you enter.), now leave the cave and jump right back in.

Obviously because you are going to be gettin drops from the mobs, your inventory wil slowly fill up. What I do is just scrap everything every few runs because I'm only doing this for the experience. But don't get me wrong, I keep the set items and if I ever get full I have to go back to the base and chest them. But I have only found a couple so that has only happened once.

CAVE LOCATION: The cave is found in the Copper Peaks, it should be the first cave that pops up on your mimi-map. It is going to be on the right side of the path. If you enter into the Seraphim Valley or the Forgotten Gardens you have gone too far.

Best of luck to you all in finding and exploiting this cave. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy it. THOROUGHLY! ;)

EDITED ADDITION:

So, I have been playing only in this cave for the last couple days and have been creating a specific strategy that I use everytime, no matter what character I play.

My Strategy for Grinding in this Cave:

1.) Simply entering the cave will sometimes automatically aggro one (1) of the non-elite mobs, don't mind it, keep running.

2.) Once entering into the center of the cave you will automatically aggro the 3 non-elites with 1 elite.

3.) There is a small area on the right that has an small patch of water in it, another elite mob will be in this area; so after aggroing the 4 mobs in the center, stay right and aggro the one around the water, then turn around (sometimes this can be hard because the 4 mobs from the main room are following you and therefore they can be difficult to squeeze by because of the narrowness of the cave), do your best to run around them and lead them to the last elite mob in the left room.

4.) This last room will have a small bridge in it. When you step foot on the bridge the last mob will aggro you and meet you at the middle of the bridge. This bridge is the ideal fighting spot. All the mobs will be in a tight circle around you and therefore, Area of Effect will be most useful.

5.) ALTHOUGH, sometimes (about 25% of the time), one of the mobs (or 2-3, mostly 1) will try to leave the room. This mainly happens to the elites. When you take down their health they seem to get afraid of you and try to make a run for it. Any elite that runs away will usually (85% of the time) go into the room with the small patch of water. Any non-elite that runs away (this is fairly unlikely, 10% chance, probably less) will stay in the center room. This can be a real hassle because you are trying to clear the cave in a hurry.

(Class Specific Tactic: If you are a Dryad, this doesn't pose too much of a problem because you can use Tangled Vine (if your char's build includes it) on the fleeing elite. This will stop the elite in his tracks and after the spell wears off he will return to the bridge, provided you are still on it. Although, pulling off this spell can be tricky because, for example, if the first elite you start attacking decides to run away, you will still be encircled by enemies and therefore your Tangled Vines may target a different enemy mob leaving the fleeing elite free to run away.)

So, there you have it. My personal strategy. I hope this complements your playstyle. But if it doesn't and you come up with a strategy of your own, please feel free to post it. It may help someone else out. :)

Edited by steeleraine
Hey there readers,

So, I was cruisin' around Tyr Lysia grinding on some kobolds to the west when I entered a cave. The cave has 6 mobs in it, 3 regular, 3 elite (champion?). They are Earth Elemental mobs. Personally, I have noticed that the earth elementals give quite good experience over kobolds, wolves, bears, boars, ect.

I have been grinding this cave for a few hours now, and it takes about 35-45 seconds to clear the entire cave. Currently my main character is a Level 34 Dryad Tank. She doesn't do a whole lot of Area of Effect and so it may take other players a shorter amount of time to clear the cave. The earth elementals in this cave seem to drop mostly cash, potions, and regular items. I would also like to mention that my current % chance to find valuables is about 35%. I have found a couple set pieces but nothing too great. So this is not the BEST place to farm for set items. BUT! it is a great place for experience. At my current level (with Light Potion of the Mentor) I am gaining roughly 1,200 experience per reg. mod and 2,500 per elite mob. My Mentor potions last about 3 runs although I have about 22% increase to potion length. One potion should be sufficient for 2 runs with no +% to potion length.

SO, I calculated it. . . . and it takes roughly 25 minutes for my character to gain a level by using the following method:

Enter cave, round up all 6 mobs (make sure you have them all, its a waste of time to do them 1 by 1, 2 by 2, or 3 by 3), begin beating on an elite and when elite is at half health I pop a mentor potion (to benefit from every second of the potion, you don't want to kill the mobs without it on), THE NEXT STEP IS IMPORTANT: Leave, but DO NOT loot any chests or barrels from the cave (its really not that big of a deal if you do, its just a waste of time going back out to the menu and re-entering Silver Free World because the mobs will not respawn if you loot anything but the items from the mobs. And if you can, try to spend the least amount of time possible in the cave there is always the risk of taking to long resulting in no respawns the next time you enter.), now leave the cave and jump right back in.

Obviously because you are going to be gettin drops from the mobs, your inventory wil slowly fill up. What I do is just scrap everything every few runs because I'm only doing this for the experience. But don't get me wrong, I keep the set items and if I ever get full I have to go back to the base and chest them. But I have only found a couple so that has only happened once.

CAVE LOCATION: The cave is found in the Copper Peaks, it should be the first cave that pops up on your mimi-map. It is going to be on the right side of the path. If you enter into the Seraphim Valley or the Forgotten Gardens you have gone too far.

Best of luck to you all in finding and exploiting this cave. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy it. THOROUGHLY! :)

cool idea for a low leve character. I will have to check that out and see if I can find which cave you are mentioning. the are a couple up there. are you entering from the monolith at the beach? and its the first cave on the right as you head towards the Forgotten Gardens? any other landmarks you can give to single out which cave your using?

cool idea for a low leve character. I will have to check that out and see if I can find which cave you are mentioning. the are a couple up there. are you entering from the monolith at the beach? and its the first cave on the right as you head towards the Forgotten Gardens? any other landmarks you can give to single out which cave your using?

Yeah, I am using the Monolith right there on the beach, and there in a person to sell to if you really want to get your money's worth for the drops. The only other landwarks would be some quest NPCs, one right as you're entering into the Copper Peaks and another one right after you pass the cave. There is really only one other cave you could mistake it for if you're looking in the right place. If you enter it and it is a very large cave then you've got the wrong one. The cave I'm referring to is extremely small, fitting just the 6 mobs, 4 in the first room (3 non-elite/one elite) and 2 in little mini rooms (both elites).

I absolutely love this cave! It has gotten me over 5 levels so far, in just a few hours. I only look at the experience bar every once in awhile and I'm amazed everytime I see it. But make sure to keep a Mentor potion on at all times. I have been able to master 3 runs with only one Mentor potion, but remember, I have +22% to potion duration. Without +% to potion duration one potion will last about two 2 and 1/3 runs. But the elementals seem to drop the pots quite often. Like I said, I have gained 5 levels here, starting with 44 Mentor potions and I am currently at 31. So, the Mentor potions are somewhat supplied for you; its great! Plus, I've been able to continune getting 3 star items for levels into the 40's.

I am going to continue grinding this cave till I reach level 39 at which all mobs in Tyr Lysia stop auto-leveling with your character. But I will most definately be in this cave for many hours on all my other characters. Like you said, it is a "cool idea for a low leve[l] character". Thanks for responding. I hope you get the time to check it out and tell me what you think.

Which kind of trophies (if at all) are dropped in this cave. I want to update my list of trophy hunting places for alchemy characters. And caves that respawn are good to know.

I think it should be iron ores, elementals are of type monster if I recall right.

Edited by chattius

Well, I tried this cave out several times... I received fairly good magical items each time (picked up 3k+ at level 6 on average, each run). My only problem with it is the number of enemies is extremely inconsistent. Typically there are only 2 to 3 enemies (one regular and 2 champions). If it were the full 6 enemies like the first time I went through it, it might be worth grinding at very low levels... as it stands, it's okay for a few quick items, but that's about it.

Heya,

all caves seem inconsistent if you don't get out of there asap.

I remember that the Orc Cave and Ruka Cave need to be cleared and exited within 20 secs for a full respawn.

Greetz

Which kind of trophies (if at all) are dropped in this cave. I want to update my list of trophy hunting places for alchemy characters. And caves that respawn are good to know.

I think it should be iron ores, elementals are of type monster if I recall right.

Yes, the Iron Ore Trophies drop fairly often. But I just scrap them all.

Edited by steeleraine
Well, I tried this cave out several times... I received fairly good magical items each time (picked up 3k+ at level 6 on average, each run). My only problem with it is the number of enemies is extremely inconsistent. Typically there are only 2 to 3 enemies (one regular and 2 champions). If it were the full 6 enemies like the first time I went through it, it might be worth grinding at very low levels... as it stands, it's okay for a few quick items, but that's about it.

Well, I have come across this problem. As Barristan mentioned, all caves can be like that, but I have noticed that it doesn't happen if I am in and out of the cave in less than 45 seconds. And immediately re-entering is important as well. It seems as though the longer you wait outside of the cave the more likely mob no-spawn will happen.

Although, if the mobs begin to no spawn I don't use a Mentor potion (unless one is already active) and I simply exit the cave, save game, exit game, recreate Silver Free World and start over, the mobs will be back to 6 and do my best to be fast in business of owning. :)

So, be persistant. And be quick. And good luck. :heat:

wow

great post to start off your welcome here with Steele. Exciting guide. Everone's always looking for that hidden experience mine.

Welcome to the DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

wow

great post to start off your welcome here with Steele. Exciting guide. Everone's always looking for that hidden experience mine.

Welcome to the DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Thanks gogoblender! :) I hope to be a real contribution to the forums in coming days. I appreciate your hospitable welcoming expression. Best of luck to you, my fellow gamer. :)

Some tips to get good itens:

1- Walk/ride, use portals only when your with a hurry.

Many people thing that on this game there's a specifc region or place to get good itens, but this is ilusion, other RPGs have such thing but this one DON'T have, if you really want to get nice itens and XP you'll have to walk for this.

2- Explore new areas and caves.

If you explore the map, you may find good spots for hunting, chests and others... the caves are important, as we can see some caves can respaw, and this is a good thing for those who want good loot.

3- Do the empy office quest.

This quest is very long, if you are fast, in 6 hours you finish it and get an awesome reward, I'm not saying about the hammer, but you will uncover great part of the map, that increase the amount of XP you earn by killing monsters, also you will unlock portals, discover new places for looting and hunting.

My strategy for this quest: Activate the quest, than do the main quest togheter, so you can finish both quests almost at the same time, when I'm doing this quest I earn at least 5 level (from level 60+ for low lvls can be more lvls), I've done this quest 3 times and I'll do it when on higher level again.

4- For looting choose the EP Skill.

Why choose this skill? read this topic it's very good explained:

Enhanced Perception and Magic Find - Item Drop Explanation

5- Do a Boss Hunt.

On this topic there's a list of the bosses that most drop good itens: Item Drop Mechanics

That's my tips make good use of it, and thx for the topic creators that a linked, they've helped me a lot

And again: Sorry for the bad english. (one day I'll put this in a signature LOL)

Alright, I'd like to add an update to this Topic.

Here it is: (test)

1. I created a Seraphim and started a Silver Free World Game.

2. I teleported to Stoeford and ran to this cave from there.

3. By the time I got to the cave I was level 3.

4. Two cave runs and I was 4.

5. I am now Level 13 with 1 hour and 46 minutes of play time.

I'd also like to add that I have NOT been using Mentor potions. Have Not. :P

Personally I feel that this is a fast way to level. Please post if you know a better way.

PLUS, I have been getting fantastic drops and my char doesn't even have EP! Its stupendous!

Too bad mobs cap at 39ish. :)

Edited by steeleraine
  • 1 month later...

edit: read your post again. It's a little cave as it seems. The big cave where Bloodmouth resides is short after it.

And I think with putrescine's hybrid dryad you can make short work of the elementals and don't have to flee. I will try the cave with my dryad and ice elf, maybe seraphim too

Edited by candesco
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I entered the cave with my hunter dryad. Entered the cave, defeated the elementals in a few seconds, exit and then entered again. The third time only a single elemental was there. Also, it doesn't matter if you open the crate and barrel in there. Have done this, then got to the forgotten gardens and when I came back into the cave all the 6 elementals were there again. So opening the chests doesn't matter, they respawn anyway.

I have the feeling there are better places to grind. The canyon to the forgotten gardens is a great place for example. The area around the Celestial Dome and Twainbrook also and the road to the temple of Noriath (where you can also encounter the griffon) All those places are crawling with kobolds. You can find some champion ones near Noriath's temple and that high elven outpost between the celestial dome and sloeford.

And if you can survive them, then go in the direction of Thylysium, where the undead starts to crawl.

Edited by candesco
Well, I entered the cave with my hunter dryad. Entered the cave, defeated the elementals in a few seconds, exit and then entered again. The third time only a single elemental was there. Also, it doesn't matter if you open the crate and barrel in there. Have done this, then got to the forgotten gardens and when I came back into the cave all the 6 elementals were there again. So opening the chests doesn't matter, they respawn anyway.

I have the feeling there are better places to grind. The canyon to the forgotten gardens is a great place for example. The area around the Celestial Dome and Twainbrook also and the road to the temple of Noriath (where you can also encounter the griffon) All those places are crawling with kobolds. You can find some champion ones near Noriath's temple and that high elven outpost between the celestial dome and sloeford.

And if you can survive them, then go in the direction of Thylysium, where the undead starts to crawl.

I'll always maintain that the best way to level up at lower levels is just to push the main quest.

This cave is great if you're in over your head (like me, in gold at 35), but I also like the kobold runs.

Orc Cave is great if you can take the Physical punishment, and are having trouble with swamp, desert, etc

Swamp is great for mixing it up (instead of the same 4-6 monsters in the same cave over and over). Best place overall.