Whats the difference. . . .

I was thinking about making a rogue type Shadow Warrior with which I want to use Daggers.

But then I got to thinking. . . . . . . . Why not use swords?

If the attack speed is the same and swords hit harder, whats the point of using daggers? Plus, daggers almost always do less damage than swords.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is: What are the benefits (if any) to dual-weilding daggers rather than swords?

daggers... I don't know if they're really usefull.

Daggers don't do much damage as swords, but they're a bit faster.

what u can do is use a sword and a dagger, it's very good looking :) .

I just use swords, I never liked daggers, hammers and shields, I like swords, so I'm a Dual Wield from the heart, and I'll never exchange swords for daggers.

I was thinking about making a rogue type Shadow Warrior with which I want to use Daggers.

If the attack speed is the same and swords hit harder, whats the point of using daggers? Plus, daggers almost always do less damage than swords.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is: What are the benefits (if any) to dual-weilding daggers rather than swords?

The main reason that I have for using daggers over sword is if you have a Combat Art with a high regen. time that you are using as your primary damage source. Dual-ing daggers then becomes sensible (with Regen per hit) because the daggers actually attack faster than the swords. That is to say, you can swing a dagger more times in 10 seconds than you can a sword, the same as you can swing a one-handed sword more times in 10s than a 2h sword. I don't have a lot of experience with Shadow Warrior, so I am not sure if there is an application for you or not.

My example is with a Temple Guardian and Deathly Spears. It has quite a high regeneration time compared to most other Combat Art's, so to get the real power out of this Combat Art, I had to find a way to recharge it quickly. I didn't have a weapon lore, so I wasn't tied to any type of weapon, but I didn't have any attack speed either. Along came an Ilea's dirk, so I gave it a whirl. I thought it was the free attack speed that was helping so much, but Chattius' posts about his spears Temple Guardian confirmed my observations - daggers attack "animation" is faster than any other weapon. (actually, the blowgun is very close, if I'm not mistaken).

Edited by essjayehm

The main reason that I have for using daggers over sword is if you have a Combat Art with a high regen. time that you are using as your primary damage source. Dual-ing daggers then becomes sensible (with Regen per hit) because the daggers actually attack faster than the swords. That is to say, you can swing a dagger more times in 10 seconds than you can a sword, the same as you can swing a one-handed sword more times in 10s than a 2h sword. I don't have a lot of experience with Shadow Warrior, so I am not sure if there is an application for you or not.

My example is with a Temple Guardian and Deathly Spears. It has quite a high regeneration time compared to most other Combat Art's, so to get the real power out of this Combat Art, I had to find a way to recharge it quickly. I didn't have a weapon lore, so I wasn't tied to any type of weapon, but I didn't have any attack speed either. Along came an Ilea's dirk, so I gave it a whirl. I thought it was the free attack speed that was helping so much, but Chattius' posts about his spears Temple Guardian confirmed my observations - daggers attack "animation" is faster than any other weapon. (actually, the blowgun is very close, if I'm not mistaken).

Thank you very much SJM, you answered my question perfectly. I appreciate your input.

Another thing to look at is the mods available on each type. and the attributes that affect them. Daggers are Dex based with has a benefit to defense value(your chance to evade) some swords are also dex based but the majority are strength based.

This sword is strength based

khandarsslicer.jpg

this dagger is Dex based

id454.jpg

In Ice and Blood the daggers get some much needed additional bonuses like Direct Damage.

And what exactly do "Direct Damage" means since you call it a needed addition?

Edited by Spunky

Heya,

then again... if you are into Dual wielding... hafted is the way to go for bosshunting... I cannot, for the life of me, imagine what beats dual Kaldurs against bosses :D

Greetz

Heya,

then again... if you are into Dual wielding... hafted is the way to go for bosshunting... I cannot, for the life of me, imagine what beats dual Kaldurs against bosses :lol:

Greetz

Of course we would have to find a Kaldurs first...Ive never even seen one :P But you're right, dual kaldurs owuld be the peak of killing ;)

Heya,

then again... if you are into Dual wielding... hafted is the way to go for bosshunting... I cannot, for the life of me, imagine what beats dual Kaldurs against bosses :)

Greetz

Of course we would have to find a Kaldurs first...Ive never even seen one :P But you're right, dual kaldurs owuld be the peak of killing :P

Seriously, everyone is always mentioning these weapons and other items that I've never seen. Although I was fortunate enough to pick up a Khander's Slicer (in reply above).

Anyone know of any rare 2H weaps and where they drop? I am currently working on a 2H-seraphim and she owns, but I want to stay up to date with the best weapon. I am currently using a sword from the Blind Guardian quest, the one with +%chance to find valuables. And its got 2 Gold sockets and 1 Silver. I made the thing ridiculously good. Its pretty awesome. Especially with Archangel's Wrath! XD

Heya,

Of course we would have to find a Kaldurs first...Ive never even seen one :( But you're right, dual kaldurs owuld be the peak of killing :)

I've got one of those! :) ummm... ok. That's all I really have to say. I'll be going now. ^^

Heya,

Of course we would have to find a Kaldurs first...Ive never even seen one :( But you're right, dual kaldurs owuld be the peak of killing :)

I've got one of those! :) ummm... ok. That's all I really have to say. I'll be going now. ^^

Grrr...

Heya,

then again... if you are into Dual wielding... hafted is the way to go for bosshunting... I cannot, for the life of me, imagine what beats dual Kaldurs against bosses :)

Greetz

Seriously, everyone is always mentioning these weapons and other items that I've never seen. Although I was fortunate enough to pick up a Khander's Slicer (in reply above).

Anyone know of any rare 2H weaps and where they drop? I am currently working on a 2H-seraphim and she owns, but I want to stay up to date with the best weapon. I am currently using a sword from the Blind Guardian quest, the one with +%chance to find valuables. And its got 2 Gold sockets and 1 Silver. I made the thing ridiculously good. Its pretty awesome. Especially with Archangel's Wrath! XD

All unique / rare items drop "almost" randomly from any monster in Ancaria. There are some types of monsters that drop certian item types (ie the energy-type monsters dropping rings and amulets) but generally if you're looking for good 2H swords, any monster can drop you a unique or rare 2H sword.

All unique / rare items drop "almost" randomly from any monster in Ancaria. There are some types of monsters that drop certian item types (ie the energy-type monsters dropping rings and amulets) but generally if you're looking for good 2H swords, any monster can drop you a unique or rare 2H sword.

Thank you for the explanation. My weapon should be fine until like level 22ish then I'm going to have to upgrade. :/

I really love this Seraphim build I came up with though.

What do you think of it?

2H-Sword Seraphim

*Combat Arts*:

>Exalted Warrior

- Soul Hammer (Aim, Battering, Coup de Grace)

- Pelting Strikes (Succession, Enfeeble, Indentation)

- Battle Stance (Premonition, Drill, Retaliation{x})

>Celestial Magic

- Hallowed Restoration (Recuperation, Master Healer, Antidote{x})

>Revered Technology

- Archangel's Wrath (Red Hot, Explosive, Greek Fire)

- Divine Protection (Capacity, Boost, Improved Mirror)

*Skills*: (in order of importance)

1. Tactics Lore

2. Celestial Magic Lore

3. Revered Technology Focus

4. Sword Weapons

5. Armor Lore

6. Concentration

7. Enhanced Perception

8. Constitution

9. Toughness

10. Warding Energy Lore

*Attributes*: