Gold Diggers Inc. now recruiting!

Haha, I was a bit at a loss for a title.

Here's an idea for a "mini" or occasional event that I thought could be a lot of fun. An all MFer... (and only now has it occurred to me what other meaning MF could have, eh heh..). Anyway! An MF builds only event where we push the limits of our chances to find those elusive goodies. Specifically, this event is geared towards low levels. The idea here is to reap the benefits of Niob shopping for low level chars as we can see with low level Bargainers. Not only that but I often recall what great drops a party of players can get even when only one of the players has invested in MF. It would be cool to see what great things a party could drop if all party members have invested heavily into MF.

What I have done so far to gear up for this is I've already gained about 10% of Map Revealed and I increased my SB to about 60-70%. At level 1. When I'm ready to begin leveling I'll stock up on EP and MF gear and forge just enough for decent damage and defense.

In general I've seen uniques and drop at level 10 and sets dropping at level 15; what I'm really after though are the Lengendary items and that's what this whole thing is bent on. What got me on this treacherous road is that I wanted to know how soon I could go and battle the Nameless Guardians and how soon I could get my hands on a Legendary. I'm hopeful that compared to Niob the Legendary drops will be more frequent. This based on an assumption that investing so heavily at such an early level will improve chances greatly.

That's pretty much it! Low levels with uber MF ftw. If you guys are up for it I'd be interested to see how it works this Sunday. The ultimate test would be the following week where we would be around level 20 and go up against the Nameless Guardians. The lowest level they spawn at is level 26 on Bronze and Silver.

:)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea there Schot, a pure MF find party sounds interesting.

A little question here; how did you manage to reveal 10% of the map at level 1?

A low level bargainer with about 8 points in Bargaining will do the trick to get you geared up. You'll need to shop for armor and weapons/shields with as many slots as possible. Once you have that then it's just a matter of shopping for as much visibility jewelry as possible and forging it in. For protection; 4 Niob Armor Smith arts should do and you won't be doing any fighting so no need to worry about damage. A mount is an important part of mapping so by all means pick one up. I think that a horse might be best for this. I bought a horse with the level 1 character which gave me 150% movement speed whereas my special mount only gave me around 120%. Be sure to do your mapping in a Bronze server by yourself so that enemies aren't so dangerous!

As for how far you can go without getting one hit killed by an enemy here's how far I went to get 10% Map Revealed. I didn't enter many caves because it felt a bit risky. If you think you can handle it then go for it. Oh and enemies within the area I ran ranged from level 1-6 on the Bronze server.

th_MRamount.jpg

And for mods here's what helped:

Visibilty +116% - I could have had a lot more but I got lazy

Armor +270% - From Niob Smith Arts

Niob Relics -Two Poison One Ice

Total Armor is 318 Physical + 155 Poison + 92 Ice = 565

Ahhhhh niice. :)

I want I want I want. ^^

Lowest level for guardians is 26.

So.. we need a level 20 char to start this event ? Ok, will make a new dry. :)

I'm on it, just say when (date/time) will begin our quest.

But I've a question: If we are pure MF, we need at least 1 level, that means level 2 to choose this skill right?

I've a level 4 HE, I can join u on this level?

Heya,

we usually start events at level 1. By taking down the levels during the event you can take EP skill. This event requires a level 20 toon.

Btw im up for this :)

Tried that visibility on my level 200.... had about 500%.... and MAN! you dont even get to see black fog..... the circle of exploration is just amazing ;) I never explored with her.... bot got to 50% of the map in less than no time at all :D

Greetz

P.S. Schot.... 20-30 or only 20? Im thinking of taking along my DM, but he is in the end 20.

Edited by Barristan

Whoops, I didn't expect people to jump in so fast, haha. Well I had kind of intended tomorrows run to start at level 1. As for the Guardian run that is planned for next week as mentioned in first post. :D

I'll be starting at level 2 tomorrow; I accidently leveled up, heh. If you guys want to start at level 20 tomorrow feel free. If there are enough of us we might just run two separate servers. One for level 20's and other for new characters. We'll run at the same time as the Kami event would be held. I'll set up a countdown for that.

Cheers all!

P.s.

Level 4 is ok PVdL. :)

But wait a sec... I play on the FA 2.43, can I join? 'cause DM I think is Dragon Mage, and I don't have the Ice and Blood expasion.

I need that info.

Edited by PVdL

Awh sorry PVdl. We play Ice and Blood. :) If there was a way I would certainly hope to see you in the game with us but sadly the only way is to get the Ice and Blood addon.

:)

We don't really need to level with the habitual way, Schot.......

We can all be level 20 tomorrow in less than an hour.

:(

Heya,

lets just start at 1.... that or someone level us. I do not feel like getting a new char to 20 today :)

Greetz

P.S. Standard Kami time ?

Edited by Barristan
Heya,

lets just start at 1.... that or someone level us. I do not feel like getting a new char to 20 today :)

Greetz

P.S. Standard Kami time ?

sounds interesting..

I won't be home tho until tonight ~ 8:00 PM GMT+1 ,

as I'm just about leaving the house to pay my family a visit..

got no gear for level 1 or 20 toons atm, especially MF focused.. (a low dryad-equip might be the exception)

so, when I'm back in time + right char level + completion of an MF suit, I would love to participate :(

btw,

@Barr and others:

if I can make it back in time,

I could also level up to 5 people simultaneously at once in last minute right before the event:

from level 1 > ~15 = ~5min-15min (1-2 quest-runs, might take a little longer if in silver instead of higher difficulty)

from level 1 > ~35 = ~30min-60min (platin-runs, time depends like all runs on how smooth the server-resets are)

for anyone interested, if there is any desired level range:

do the blood forest quest chain, first few quests of it are fast, good experience+items:

as party-leader, invite new chars+runner > accept quest > leave with runner > run quests (stay close together with leader+rest of members on isle)

(this is from >> Schot's Quest-Powerlevel Miniguide , but a slightly modified routine)

if you run this again sometime, I'd prefer level 35 (more skills, better equip)

its done pretty fast, including a >> Campaign-Speed Run (gold or higher)

plus leveling in gold, for the determined charlvl and also for sets - as they spawn in 45 there, which a level 35-36 should be able to equip

greetings James

Edited by Rotluchs

So true about the leveling Woody. It will be easy enough to prepare for next weekend. ^^

As for time Barris I'm going to set it for an hour later than the usual Kami time. Just started the countdown to help others not so familiar with what Kami time is.

By all means plan to join in next Sunday Rotluchs. That's where the real test will begin. For now I'm going to say that next Sunday will be level 20 characters but I might change it to a bit higher so that our levels are as close as possible to the Guardians levels, 26, without spawning at an even higher level.

Time to get my coffee and a shopper! :drool:

P.s.

Forgot about your question Rotluchs. Here you go!

Hey 1smile.gif

from your "gold dagger err digger" recruitment center:

What I have done so far to gear up for this is I've already gained about 10% of Map Revealed and I increased my SB to about 60-70%. At level 1

how did you get such an high SB so fast on a low toon?

now I know I have read something about this somewhere else but can't find it..

I have seen many people on private locked servers farming their idling characters SB% over night or at work while afk...

has it something to do with this?

(and if, how is it done for such low toons..)

I know this was also possible in sacred1-uw,

but where are the spots in sacred2 Ice and Blood ?

Greetings James

Super easy. Level 1 character with a bunch of Niob Armor smith arts and a wolf near the Sloeford portal. That's all you need. :)

Heya,

I got to level 12 and 5% explored... when bronze bored the friggin hell outa me :drool:

Have shopped some EP modded CtF rings for those interested... they would be level 12-14.

Looking forward to this one.

@Rot: that is one great offer :) Would be collecting sets and stuff too ;) Hope you will make it in time... otherwise... we will be going on next week, with the same toons! Supposedly level 20, but we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Greetz

I gave this a lil more thought and I think for next week we'll do level 25. Reason being is that a lot of us have level 30 shoppers and that those shoppers will end up buying item levels that range from 30-33. In order to use level 33 items a character needs to be at least level 25 so 25 it will be for next week. :drool:

Hehe Barris. It takes quite a while just to get 10% eh. ^^

I just created the server! Password: dark

:drool:

P.s.

I seem to be having probs picking stuff up. I keep getting the sticky fingers bug, argh.

just came back, was a nice afternoon+evening, cousin came too..

anyways:

guess next week it is for me then :drool:

wish you some nice hunting, I will start working on a set of low level 'bossing' toons (Shadow Warrior,seraphim,dryad all with the %LL set, or shopped mf equip)

Greetings RL

Heya,

good! Max level 25 for next week :D

This event was lots of fun! We seem to dropping nicely with all the CtF :D TY for the party-fun all!

Cya later!

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Awh dreeft. If only the console and pc servers were shared. One can dream...

I'm excited to see how next week's run at level 25 is going to go. Big time drops! :D

There's a number of things I'd like everyone to work on with their MFers in preparation for next week's run. Since it's important in this event that everyone contributes to the MF pool I'd like to set some minimums for next week. Try your best to reach the goals. Most important though is that you can pull off good damage as well.

+100% Chance to find special items from gear at character level 25

Max points into Enhanced Perception

Half your char's level worth of points into Devine Devotion

Use the Testa God Spell

I think that's a fair requirement but I'll test with my own character to be sure. I'm off to test with gogo in a bit!

Awh sorry PVdl. We play Ice and Blood. :D If there was a way I would certainly hope to see you in the game with us but sadly the only way is to get the Ice and Blood addon.

You know, Schot, since I managed to get back to S2FA, I think I can spare the time and hold some of D.a.r.k's events for the people who still own the good old vanilla S2FA with all its wicked 1000 runes read for a combat art and magic-deathblow beauty :D

Please Sign In or Sign Up