Sacred Sim - Combat Art Regen Calculator by Amble

It's finally been done, and done by Amble. The world's first true calculator for the Sacred franchise? ^^

I know him and Schot were bouncing a lot back and forth... and Amble has put tremendous work into the calculations and even more work into the coding for it on SacredWiki.

If you guys have time, check it out and see how this new beauty handles, with seksi drop downs and the ability to calc on the spot with different aspects, classes and art buttons.

Sacred Sim - Sacred 2 Regen Calculator

sacredsim.jpg

Great work Amble...what next!~

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Heya Barristan!

I had honestly thought that the calculations in this game were so many that noone would ever be able to really put together a true working calculator out of game.

What other goodies are coming ^^

gogo

I would like to be able to add in the differences Combat Art mods can make to cool downs such as the bronze mod for shadow step. I know the calculation but I'm unsure how to impliment it since it depends on the Combat Art's actual level with penalty. Which is a product of character level and focus skill. It would require much more input on the user's end. And in the end, it may not be worth the effort for either party.

What would be neat is something Schot mentioned in the brainstorm thread for this was working in the skill formulae from Nokka. That way you could type in your character's skills and also see what benefits you'd gain from them. Then we'd be on our way to a real character planner.

I just love stuff like this. I can't say it enough. It's a wonderful addition Amble. It's so simple to use and perfectly effective. I often find myself wondering if I can risk reading extra runes but worry about the consequential regen. Your sim tells me exactly what I need to know and how many runes I can read before suffering too much regen. :)

I think the next big step would be creating another sim for damage. Regen and damage are certainly two very important factors for players. They are certainly the two most prominent questions being asked; "How can I reduce regen" and "How can I increase damage". I realise that damage is a complicated matter with all the different modifiers but even a sim to calculate some base damage numbers would be great.

Nice work here Amble, is it possible to download it?

Yes, go on the broswer on the page of the calculator and do this:

Click Arquive>Save As...

Save the complete web page, and u'll be able to use the calculator withou being connected, I tested it here and works just fine.

and BTW, very good calculator, as I could see, socketting runes have a time of regeneration less than runes memorized.

I was trying to see if I could work out some damage mechanics with the information given in this post. The equation given there seems to be all over with the decimals, though it doesn't end up mattering since they get truncated anyway, and he doesn't explain where he gets his numbers from specifically. Like for "int/2" he actually uses int/2 as a percentage multiplier... IE seraphim's 25 int, divided by two is 12.5, which turned into a percentage multiplier would be 1.125.

Translating those figures to the only class I'm familiar with, the HE, his calculation works out to be consistent, in that it's consistently incorrect. It's close but is always off by 3 on the low side. Which I figure means he's on to something.

That's the only post in that thread with any damage calculations so I don't know where to go with it and I couldn't get anything more accurate than he got myself.

That would be quite something Amble. I would love to figure that out too so I could fill out the Boss pages better. I had a look through the post you linked where Zinsho talks about damage calcs. I couldn't find a reference anywhere in that topic to SpellBaseDamage = 25,. Maybe that's the, (or one of) missing link. Adjusting it increases or decreases your spell damage as well as enemy spell damage. A global spell damage variable I guess. I didn't test to see if it changed the damage of melee combat arts but it would be nice if it did.

Does SpellBaseDamage = 25, need to be a part of the equation?

EDIT:

SpellBaseDamage = 25, is in balance.txt. Line 39.

I had completely forgotten about that part and wonder if that's why he had to divide by 4, or multiply by 25%.

He said himself that he didn't know why he had to use 4... Maybe changing the variable to 50 and dividing by 2 would give the same results in his baneful smite formula.

I'll see if I can look into that.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, so it's been a while... But here's some new maths for everyone to think about:

{base CA damage}+{CA damage step level}/10*{BaseSpellDamage value}+{CA damage from stat tool tip (int for spells)}=CA Damage

Fireball level 1 for level 1 naked HE:

(700+350+350+125)/10*0.25+9=47.125 (48 in game displayed damage)

Level 1 Baneful Smite for Level 1 seraphim:

(490+245+490+245)/10*0.25+5=41.75 (40 in game displayed)

Level 2 Baneful Smite for Level 1 seraphim:

(490+490+490+490)/10*0.25+5=54 (54 in game)

Level 1 Skeletal Fortification for Level 1 SW (assuming +3 bonus CA damage from int...can't remember actual value):

(700+350)/10*0.25+3=29.25 (29 in game)

Level 2 Skeletal Fortification for Level 1 SW:

(700+700)/10*0.25+3=40.5 (40 in game)

Now this does leave a bit of room for some decimal rounding. Because from writing Sacred Sim I know the game truncates decimals and also doesn't necessarily use 0 as a baseline. This means that if the bonus damage from stats is normalized to 10=0 bonus for example then we can figure out the damage bonus per stat point and get a non-rounded bonus number.

However, with a rounded bonus number we can derive a very close approximate value.

Every time I see information like this I get all excited and happy that I got into this game. Absolutely amazing Amble. I really wish I could have sat in the room when the Dev's came up with the formulas for all the game mechanics.

Here's one from my naked level 16 Nimbus High Elf, Nimbus level 1

(84+42+210+105)/10*0.25+5=16.025

In game displayed damage is 15. It appears the CA bonus damage is relative to character level as with 35int at level 1 the starting bonus is 9, but at 16 with 85int, it's only 5 (was also 5 with 91 int from SB). I also don't yet know where the +damage% bonus from gear is calculated. I'm leaning towards it only being applied to the step values of the combat arts.

If you take the above formula and account for some rounding.... say the actual bonus for my int is 4.6 and the game rounds to the nearest for displaying the tool tip then you would get a value of 15.625 for damage and maybe the game just truncates that value.

The value of the CA bonus from int being based on character level means that if you want to stay ahead of the game you need to invest stat points and keep gear up to date, just like with any other stat in theory.

Another calculator would be awesome but in order to do it right I would need to lock down the damage bonus calculation as well as figure out where +% damage is applied.

To get the damage bonus calculated would require taking multiple charcters of multiple class and level and plotting a graph of damage bonus values vs various int values in order to figure where the line crosses 0 at each level. From that you can average a value of damage bonus gain/int and the rate at which int needs to raise to retain a consistent bonus.

From there it would be trial and error to find the +%damage location it the equation.

To make a calculator would also require a person to input values of focus, ancient magic, combat discipline, as well as item/buff modifiers. From there, with the sacred sim, it's not wholly far off to have a complete character calculator since the skill formulae are already on the wiki.

We need Zinsho! He was a devout mathemagician as well. I'll send him a msn shout, but I think last time I spoke to him just a few days ago he said he needed more data.

:bounce:

gogo

I actually sent him a PM through this board yesterday or the day before about this, but I haven't heard back.

To answer your first question, Gogo, I've been back for about a week. I disappeared because I had a hard drive failure... then my house got burglarized and one of the things they took was my Collector's Edition Sacred 2 so I was unable to reinstall or activate an installation. Then I went and got a life and ended up engaged and finally my best RL friend gave me a link to his copy of digital download sacred 2 gold. So.. here I am.

Edited by Amble
Then I went and got a life and ended up engaged and finally my best RL friend gave me a link to his copy of digital download sacred 2 gold.

Dude... Congratulations!

gogo

Thanks, gogo.

As far as the calculations: if anyone knows console commands to change stat values then I can start collecting data and graphing on my next day off. Without console commands I will need the help of others that have the ability to gain +int items. I'll need the class, level, int value, and damage bonus value.

The more samples per level, the better. I'd prefer 5-10 but if you have a char wearing 20 pieces of int gear and just remove one at a time let me know what the damage bonus at each int is.

Edited by Amble