Long handled weapons or Duel for Seraphim

Hi!

Sorry for opening a topic, but I couldn't find any better place where I could ask my question.

My problem is that I can't decide - because I am totally new to Sacred, I'm playing only for 6 days - and I'm following 2 guides simultaneously and I found a video on youtube (

) and in it the seraphim is using a spear and it looks really cool and I wonder whether it belongs to the Long-handled Weapons or Dual-Wielding. I'm confused because I imagine Dual-Wielding as a mode using two swords or something like that and I don't want to waste my character. So, I'd appreciate any kind of help, I don't even know whether it's a good choice to use spear or not, so... ;)

Thanks in advice. :D

fema

Hi!

Sorry for opening a topic, but I couldn't find any better place where I could ask my question.

My problem is that I can't decide - because I am totally new to Sacred, I'm playing only for 6 days - and I'm following 2 guides simultaneously and I found a video on youtube (

) and in it the seraphim is using a spear and it looks really cool and I wonder whether it belongs to the Long-handled Weapons or Dual-Wielding. I'm confused because I imagine Dual-Wielding as a mode using two swords or something like that and I don't want to waste my character. So, I'd appreciate any kind of help, I don't even know whether it's a good choice to use spear or not, so... ;)

fema

fema, it depends on your play-style. Do you like hitting fast with two weapons? Or do you like hitting slow but really hard with a 2-Handed weapon?

I have 2 Seraphim, one with Dual Wield, one with a 2-Handed weapon. They are both successful, it just depends on your personal preference.

Hi!

fema

fema, it depends on your play-style. Do you like hitting fast with two weapons? Or do you like hitting slow but really hard with a 2-Handed weapon?

I have 2 Seraphim, one with Dual Wield, one with a 2-Handed weapon. They are both successful, it just depends on your personal preference.

Well, I prefer the 2-Handed weapon style, it just looks awesome and those numbers in the vid... :D

So, you say it's successful and in that case I guess, I have to put points on Long-handled weapons, right? And if so, could you please give me a hint how many? I haven't found any guides with 2-handed weapons. :\

And thanks for the help! :D

Probably put 75 points into pole arms.. Unlocks the mastery bonus of doublehit (but not on combat arts) and the mastery modifiers on some pole arms. You can leave it at 5 for a LONG time and use dashing alacrity to raise attack speed.

Edited by claudius

Hi everyone! As originally intended by fema, this topic is actually regarding underworld, and so I am going to move it back to where it originally was posted. Thanks everyone for helping out here, and if there is good info for fema's topic regarding underworld seraphim please post!

:yay:

gogo

Both are good. I am playing sacred 1 right now... I use poles on my seraphim but I have found some unique swords designed for the seraphim. If you take poles take 10 pts in poles so you can equip items with a requirement of 10. If you can't hit things take more but think of using strength of faith.

For dualwield I don't think there is any items that need DW as requirement. So I would just put enough pts to hit things (just use +skills or + dual wield if you can). Use strength of faith is a better way to hit things.

EDIT: also add points till you max attack speed but don't forget you can find some rings/gear or what not that can help out there.

Edited by claudius
Both are good. I am playing sacred 1 right now... I use poles on my seraphim but I have found some unique swords designed for the seraphim. If you take poles take 10 pts in poles so you can equip items with a requirement of 10. If you can't hit things take more but think of using strength of faith.

For dualwield I don't think there is any items that need DW as requirement. So I would just put enough pts to hit things (just use +skills or + dual wield if you can). Use strength of faith is a better way to hit things.

EDIT: also add points till you max attack speed but don't forget you can find some rings/gear or what not that can help out there.

Thanks a lot!

I'll try these tips. :cry:

And btw, does attack speed make Combat Art's like Attack faster? Because I always try to keep the speed of Attack exactly as long as the 6 hits land, and this way I can chain-use it. But if attackspeed would affect it, it could be awesome... :woot: