My 10 Questions About Loot

Well, I recently read a topic in which someone was looking for a specific item; Nlovae's whatever. And I read a post which said something like, 'it doesn't matter what enemies you kill, but champions and bosses have a higher chance of dropping rares and uniques' . . . .

Now, here are my questions:

(1). How do I know whether an item is rare, or unique?

(2). Do bosses have a higher chance of dropping rares and uniques than champions? that kinda seems like a noob question, but there you have it...

(3). If I am looking for a specific item (Romuil's Tears), where should I look to find it?

(4). Following question #3: Is one area, or one boss, more likely to drop certain rares and uniques?

(5). Following question #4: Are drops completely random in occurrence?

(6). Do certain bosses have a high % chance to drop uniques because of their location in Ancaria? Like, because you come across the White Griffin before you get to Carnach, does that mean that Carnach is more likely to drop uniques and set items? (MINI HYPOTHETICAL ?: Because on the console, its possible to teleport to Seraphim Island at Lv. 1. So, if you did that and got to the Carnach boss by Lv. 5 would he be more likely to drop good stuff over the Griffin at level 5?)

(7). Is focusing on +chance to find valuables gear really worth the loss of strategic fighting gear?

(8). Do certain items (Romuil's Tears) not start to drop till a certain level is reached, or a certain area is explored?

(9). Following question #7: (FOR EXAMPLE) Is it possible for a level 5 to find a unique sword? Such as Romuil's Tears?

(10). Is Bargaining a better General Skill choice than Enhanced Perception if one is looking for Set Items, Rares, and Uniques?

Well, there you have it. . . . My 10 questions about the mystery of loot in this amazing game. Please answer them. If you wish, you may send me a personal message. In fact, they are prefered. But for the sake of answering these questions for other who wonder these same things, I suggest you answer them in the topic.

Thank you so much for your time.

steeleraine

Are there no definite answers for my questions? Cause people are looking at my topic, but not giving any replies. :lol:

Sorry Steeleraine, long lists of questions take time and some people may not answer at all if they can't devote the time to answering them all. I will try to take a few of them.

1. on Console 3 star items are unique or sets. and 4 stars are Legendary.

2. yes they do.

3. Items are mostly random drops. there are only a few quests that have specific drops. and this answers 4, 5, and 6.

7. for general game play I would use sockets for combat gear. if you want to specifically hunt for valuables......

8. See the Wiki here: All_Class_Unique_Swords_(One-Handed) and specific areas are a no.

10. Merchants will never offer uniques or sets. so no Bargaining won't help there.

See some of the recent posts on legendary hunting and the gold diggers kami for some more answers/

Great job, Loco... A couple of details

** there are some enemy TYPES that have better chance to drop certian items. The one that seems to be well-known is Energy-type dropping jewellery (rings and amulets) more than weaps or armour.

Answer to #9 is yes, definitely. BUT, the lowest-level (known) uniques are level 10 for weapons and 15 for armour. My lowest-level 3-star ring is level 26, but I'm sure they pop up lower than that...

SO, for a level 5 to find a unique weapon, you'd have to be killing at least level 10 enemies. Et Cetera for set pieces and jewelery.

I got a wonderful story about unique gathering, this is a good place to share, I guess:

My first profile, which I gifted to my friend to give him a good starting chest, etc, I had collected an Officer's Saber. MAYBE 2. Since it was pretty low level, all his characters were using it ASAP. Now he's got 6 or 7, and has sold a couple of more because they were triplicates. He just got his first Blood Dryad sword.

My new profile I have NEVER gotten Officer's Saber yet. I do have 6 or 7 Blood Dryad Swords (although I haven't used any!)

Looking at Loco's link to uniques, there is still 4 I haven't seen at all!

Moral of the story: Don't get your mind set on getting any specific unique!

This is sorta off topic cus it's not exactly answering the questions but instead I'm addressing EssJay with a few important comments here...so here it goes...1) You can find unique Items below level 10 but generally it's jewelry cus with my low level High Elf I've found level 6-8 unique jewelry such as Elli's band and Mysterious Ring but in my opinion that stuff is junk...so now on to topic 2) I think you can find unique weapons below level 10 but not sets or armor though. Weapons such as crap like Drumstick and Shield of Mirrors or specifically quest item Uniques & Legendaries, I believe you can get them below level 10 but as for regular drops...No, the lowest I've seen any weapon is 12 and for sets I've seen them at 15! Oh and by the way EssJay...I really hope you don't use that Officer's Saber for combat cus in my experience they don't do enough damage...My sole purpose for those swords is to SHOP...Me personally I socket them with like +100 all skills amulets and then use them on anywhere from a level 20-120 Shopper and oh man do I find good 2 star (rare) stuff! Anyway...hope this information helps you guys out...later! :bounce: ................. :drinks:

This is sorta off topic cus it's not exactly answering the questions but instead I'm addressing EssJay with a few important comments here...so here it goes...1) You can find unique Items below level 10 but generally it's jewelry cus with my low level High Elf I've found level 6-8 unique jewelry such as Elli's band and Mysterious Ring but in my opinion that stuff is junk...so now on to topic 2) I think you can find unique weapons below level 10 but not sets or armor though. Weapons such as crap like Drumstick and Shield of Mirrors or specifically quest item Uniques & Legendaries, I believe you can get them below level 10 but as for regular drops...No, the lowest I've seen any weapon is 12 and for sets I've seen them at 15! Oh and by the way EssJay...I really hope you don't use that Officer's Saber for combat cus in my experience they don't do enough damage...My sole purpose for those swords is to SHOP...Me personally I socket them with like +100 all skills amulets and then use them on anywhere from a level 20-120 Shopper and oh man do I find good 2 star (rare) stuff! Anyway...hope this information helps you guys out...later! :bounce: ................. ;)

Uniques under level 10, Cool! Yes, I am also of the opinion that the lower-levelled unique jewellery is jank. I forgot about quest items being whatever level you are at! Thanks!

No, I've not used the Officer's myself ("I" haven't got any!) the first one I collected on the profile that I gifted my buddy I did use, but at the time, it was the best weapon I had ever seen. By far. ( A long time ago in a Sacred universe far, far away ;) ie before I found the wiki.

Actually, to tell the truth if I got an Officer's now, I would definitely use it because I have Stalworth Safeguards at all the "strategic" levels so it would be perfect for AFK SB farming.... :drinks:

Sure about that Officer & Stalworth would help in your SB training? only thing I have seen the increase of SB rate do is increase your current SB, and once you take it off the SB goes back to what you had before.

This is sorta off topic cus it's not exactly answering the questions but instead I'm addressing EssJay with a few important comments here...so here it goes...1) You can find unique Items below level 10 but generally it's jewelry cus with my low level High Elf I've found level 6-8 unique jewelry such as Elli's band and Mysterious Ring but in my opinion that stuff is junk...so now on to topic 2) I think you can find unique weapons below level 10 but not sets or armor though. Weapons such as crap like Drumstick and Shield of Mirrors or specifically quest item Uniques & Legendaries, I believe you can get them below level 10 but as for regular drops...No, the lowest I've seen any weapon is 12 and for sets I've seen them at 15! Oh and by the way EssJay...I really hope you don't use that Officer's Saber for combat cus in my experience they don't do enough damage...My sole purpose for those swords is to SHOP...Me personally I socket them with like +100 all skills amulets and then use them on anywhere from a level 20-120 Shopper and oh man do I find good 2 star (rare) stuff! Anyway...hope this information helps you guys out...later! :bounce: ................. ;)

Uniques under level 10, Cool! Yes, I am also of the opinion that the lower-levelled unique jewellery is jank. I forgot about quest items being whatever level you are at! Thanks!

No, I've not used the Officer's myself ("I" haven't got any!) the first one I collected on the profile that I gifted my buddy I did use, but at the time, it was the best weapon I had ever seen. By far. ( A long time ago in a Sacred universe far, far away ;) ie before I found the wiki.

Actually, to tell the truth if I got an Officer's now, I would definitely use it because I have Stalworth Safeguards at all the "strategic" levels so it would be perfect for AFK SB farming.... :drinks:

As for officer sabers and the thought of its damage too low. hmmm.... depends on what you use it for. yes base damage is low compared to Sandrifa's or desert saber of the same level but socket 3 50-50 damage rings and it is now the highest base damage weapon in the game. or socket 3 niob smith arts damage from a level 250 smith and you have have +200% damage to all your attacks. granted there are other weapons that are also very good but I think each individuals build style would dictate that.

To address what I think was Steele's original question. How do you find a Romuil's Tears. well they are rare. start banging champs and bosses. add as much chance to find valuable as you can. improve your kill speed to kill as fast as possible. weapons with LL% help with bosses. all this will improve your chances of a drop.

btw I have found only 1 in all my hours of playing this game. but you may just get lucky.

Officer's Saber can never be the 1-handed weapon with highest base damage not even if you socket 3 high level damage rings into it, as Desert Saber level 200 has a maximum damage of 596 and a Officer's have 450 at the same level.

And not to forget Ice Flash, Flame Smiter and Serpent's Tongue that has highest base damage of all 1-handed weapons and 2 sockets.

And yes that Romuil's Tear is a quite rare one along with Excalibran and the 3 above mentioned ones, Nameless Guardians and the Temple Guardian's that spawn in the Great Machine Room is the place to go to for rarities.

Edited by Spunky

Yeah but getting to the Nameless Guardians for the 1st time without the monolith up in that area is a pain! As for Excalibran and Serpent's Tongue...I have that around level 20, 30 or 40 somewhere around there at least. I will say they're rare but not that rare and to me they aren't even worth while weapons...at least not at my level...I can honestly say though that I've never found those weapons above the level I mentioned either and I've never found Flame Smiter or Ice Flash but I do think I have a friend that has them! On a side note & going back to EssJay...Sword of the Blood Dryads is also pretty darn rare...I've only found it at 38 & a friend gave me one in the low 100's! By the way off topic once again...I'm not sure if you guys have noticed this but I have noticed that on the 360 (maybe not just exclusive to the 360)...When I'm playing Co-Op with a buddy who has a higher chance to find valuables than me, I tend to pick everything up & vice-versa! Have you guys noticed this or what's the deal?

Woohoo! Thanks for all the replies guys. They have most certainly helped.

So, considering I've never been to The Great Machine, I am wondering. Do mobs there have a minimum level cap? Or can you go there at any level and start farming? Cause I am currently level 26, and I think at level 35 or so I'm going to start farmin bosses alot.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

So, considering I've never been to The Great Machine, I am wondering. Do mobs there have a minimum level cap? Or can you go there at any level and start farming? Cause I am currently level 26, and I think at level 35 or so I'm going to start farmin bosses alot.

on silver they are minimum of level 26. the levels will depend on your character level and the amount of survival bonus you have. I have run the silver camp and killed them at level 35 before. but they can be really tough.

on silver they are minimum of level 26. the levels will depend on your character level and the amount of survival bonus you have. I have run the silver camp and killed them at level 35 before. but they can be really tough.

yeah, I agree. on my first character, a totally botched Shadow Warrior that I have since deleted, I was on silver and I founf once I got to the sections where the Temple Guardian Elites started showing up they'd smash my health down low enough for it to make that öh crap"sound effect that it does far too many times to count. mind you, it was again a botched character that I started before I was aware this site and the wiki even existed and I was a total noob at it too haha. even now, ill occasionally get smashed up something fierce by them, not enough to die though thankfully. :)

Yeah but getting to the Nameless Guardians for the 1st time without the monolith up in that area is a pain! As for Excalibran and Serpent's Tongue...I have that around level 20, 30 or 40 somewhere around there at least. I will say they're rare but not that rare and to me they aren't even worth while weapons...at least not at my level...I can honestly say though that I've never found those weapons above the level I mentioned either and I've never found Flame Smiter or Ice Flash but I do think I have a friend that has them! On a side note & going back to EssJay...Sword of the Blood Dryads is also pretty darn rare...I've only found it at 38 & a friend gave me one in the low 100's! By the way off topic once again...I'm not sure if you guys have noticed this but I have noticed that on the 360 (maybe not just exclusive to the 360)...When I'm playing Co-Op with a buddy who has a higher chance to find valuables than me, I tend to pick everything up & vice-versa! Have you guys noticed this or what's the deal?

I guess from Sacred International Forums, that uniques and legendaries have their own "tiers" of rarity. My Blood Dryad swords were mostly collected by my seraphim with EP maxed at all times. I imagine the extra MF from high EP helped me collect some of the "rarer" uniques. I've been hunting for the topic over there, mostly for my own reference, but I know there's a link to it somewere here in DM Forums!

I've played co-op with my EP seraphim but I was avoiding collecting anything, so I cannot say I have observed that trend. Could be true.... but from what I've noticed is that most of the loot is "reserved" for one player or another - and from what I've researched on the way Sacred works the split of loot, it is pretty random, although on-class items are typically reserved for the appropriate toon. I think gold and potions aren't reserved, but I could be wrong about that. Try using your "whatzit" button (L3 on PS3) - the one that tells you the name of enemies and resistances, etc. It will say "reserved" (for you) or "locked" (for your buddy). Those timers are 20s, and after that it's common loot (whoever gets to it first). If it doesn't say reserved or locked, it is common loot.

I guess from Sacred International Forums, that uniques and legendaries have their own "tiers" of rarity. My Blood Dryad swords were mostly collected by my seraphim with EP maxed at all times. I imagine the extra MF from high EP helped me collect some of the "rarer" uniques. I've been hunting for the topic over there, mostly for my own reference, but I know there's a link to it somewere here in DM Forums!

I've played co-op with my EP seraphim but I was avoiding collecting anything, so I cannot say I have observed that trend. Could be true.... but from what I've noticed is that most of the loot is "reserved" for one player or another - and from what I've researched on the way Sacred works the split of loot, it is pretty random, although on-class items are typically reserved for the appropriate toon. I think gold and potions aren't reserved, but I could be wrong about that. Try using your "whatzit" button (L3 on PS3) - the one that tells you the name of enemies and resistances, etc. It will say "reserved" (for you) or "locked" (for your buddy). Those timers are 20s, and after that it's common loot (whoever gets to it first). If it doesn't say reserved or locked, it is common loot.

Is this the one? http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...1417#post531417

Another quick question:

On my Lv. 35 Dryad I've been able to accumulate different pieces of gear that have gotten my +%chance to find valuables up to between 92%-126%. Is that good for a Lv. 35 or do I need more?

Another quick question:

On my Lv. 35 Dryad I've been able to accumulate different pieces of gear that have gotten my +%chance to find valuables up to between 92%-126%. Is that good for a Lv. 35 or do I need more?

that is pretty darn good I think