New sig request

I need someone to shove my ideas into shape.

I have been thinking of trying to combine Bondbug's sig with Don Quixote who is my avatar for a different game.

DonQuixote1a.jpg Perhaps the cowboy song "Old Faithful" is before your time, but the words are from that.

signature.jpg

This is the beginnings of an arrangement. It is Don Quixote who is supposed to be offering help. Bondbug's motto is "Fortiter defendit triumphans" but does not appear here.

A bit overcomplicated, but can anyone arrange these elements into an interesting sig? Or advise? Please.

P.S. I love the Don Q drawing - that is a must.

Edited by Bondbug

Heya,

Don Quichote De La Mancha and Sacho Panza :)

Very sorry, but I'm not really into this sig creation.

I am sure there is someone around to help you out with this :drunkards:

Greetz

Ahooo, Bond...looking for some fashion ^^

lol, I'm like Barristan, images have never really been a forte of mine, but hopefully someone here with talent can help out and set you up with something wonderful.

:)

gogo

Hi Gogo. I like that avatar pic of yours. Don't remember that one.

I'm hoping someone like Schot will stop by if he manages to find time. I expect he is pretty tied up. No great rush.

What about this smiley of his eh? :)

Edited by Bondbug

Ah Bondbug. I'd love to fulfill this request of yours though I don't see myself getting at it anytime soon. I've got a long list on my plate. :) One thing I'll say about your request is that it makes me think of the time that Gandalf spent with the Riders of Rohan.

Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn! Rohirrim! (Theoden)

Sorry :D Dont bring up Gandalf or Riders of Rohan! Makes me go into Battle Frenzy! Yah... I know... massive LOTR addict :D

:)

hahahahaha,

greetz

Edited by Barristan

No sweat Schot. I don't know how you lot cope. There's no rush. If you can't fit it in, someone else may pick it up. Till then I can manage with just an avatar.

I followed that link Gogo. The original is incredible! :bounce:

Edited by Bondbug

I just did .. didn't I?

TELARI - Gogo's avatar is super fantastic brilliant :bounce:

all that detail you see in the original - WOW!

...or did you mean PM her? :bounce:

I have a nasty feeling though that it is not really her type of thing, though it would be good to see the images woven into something interesting ... Gandalf and the Don. I have only seen that one example of her work which is very impressive. It would be difficult to be so abstract here ... or is it just that I lack imagination?

Edited by Bondbug
Yah... I know... massive LOTR addict :)

:P

hahahahaha,

greetz

Did you ever try the game LOTRon-line (Lotro)? Interesting game but disastrous organisation.

I have a nasty feeling though that it is not really her type of thing, though it would be good to see the images woven into something interesting ... Gandalf and the Don. I have only seen that one example of her work which is very impressive. It would be difficult to be so abstract here ... or is it just that I lack imagination?

Well, I've got here on DM whole thread with my drawings, plus a site on DeviantArt (link in my sig), if you'd like to see them :)

Consider your sig - I haven't tried anything like that yet, but I can try to make something. :P

Edited by TelariTurunen

Hi Telari. I had a quick look at your site yesterday. I like your work. I have no preconceived notions for this sig except that I would like to combine Gandalf (all that hair!) and the Quixote drawing.

Thought you would still be contemplating the calamari. I'm off to buy a squid this afternoon for my birthday dinner later this week. Yum. :paladin:

Edited by Bondbug
Yah... I know... massive LOTR addict :whistle:

:paladin:

hahahahaha,

greetz

Did you ever try the game LOTRon-line (Lotro)? Interesting game but disastrous organisation.

Heya,

must say that I never have. I heard about it. Even saw some screeshots. It sure does have some amazing graphics...

Greetz

Hi Barristan. I had a bad experience with that game. Started with the demo which had all sorts of bugs, plus having very different American and European versions. Each time the demo jammed before you had got far enough to decide if the game was worthwhile, you had to re-download and re-register with a different email address. Took me 4 or 5 runs at it and I am still trying to remember and delete all the email names I had to create. Finally I decided it was worth the try and purchased it and activated it. I got no acknowledgement or response from Codemasters, no guidelines or information as to what I should do ... dead silence. And it had built up from a start of about 12GB into a massive 20+Gb. So I binned it. A year later I got a note from Codemasters telling me I needed to renew my subscription. Pity, it seemed a pleasant game.

Bit off thread. Sorry.

Telari ... I looked through your drawings. Incredible development and you have developed a style of your own, which is not easy. I always had a preference for two types of drawing, the india ink with watercolour wash (much beloved of architectural student and railway carriage pictures of my youth), and soft pencil drawings which are so expressive, though with my big clumsy hands I had difficulty not smudging mine. I liked charcoal too, but it is difficult to handle.

I would be delighted if you found time to give my avatar some thought, or do you think with your pencil?

Edited by Bondbug

Don't tell me about ink. We drafted in pencil then inked in various strengths of watered ink. But, yes, pencil for choice. So expressive.

Super. Thanks. :D

Edited by Bondbug

I am certainly not trying to rush you - I do know about creativity. But it strikes me that perhaps I am asking for something unnecessarily complicated and unfair. If you are already committed to a solution, read no further, HOWEVER....

If it helps, I would ask that you abandon trying to link the two different personalities - it was unfair to ask this of you, just as it was unfair to impose other peoples images on you - and concentrate on creating your own interpretion of Don Quixote (Chi-Ho-Té), even if he has a head like Gandalf!

I think that would give you more opportunity to express your own thoughts. Having seen your work I am confident enough to leave it to you. Any time this side of next Xmas will do as long as what you produce is something that YOU are satisfied with.

OK? :)

Edited by Bondbug
  • 4 weeks later...