Wyand Voidbringer - the guide

Introduction

K, decided to make a guide for the build that my inquisitor uses.

I’ll try to be as detailed as I can and explain why “this” and why not “that”, so ppl don’t have to ask (kinda like a FAQ that I am expecting).

Also, u’ll find some advice throughout the guide.

This inquisitor is very powerful and very quick to level up, but can easily get killed if u don’t know what you're doing.

Also, an important thing is to have access to a blacksmith in Niob.

U won’t be able to play this build properly without being able to socket a massive amount of %dmg for the non-weapon based Combat Arts which will be this build’s main attack.

Anyway, so I don’t drag along to much from the very start, lets begin.

Attributes

bcfb373f.jpg

U will put all you're attribute points into Willpower and Intelligence.

“Why not Vitality?!" The inquisitor has low health and u will need it if you're going to be using PC buff!"

Well, because u will have enough health from Constitution and won’t get hit much (if at all) anyway. Also, whenever u kill an enemy, the Soul Reaver buff will heal u. So, putting points in Vitality for this build is a waste.

“Why not Stamina?! U need it for the Combat Art regen!”

Hehe, no. Putting points into Stamina is a waste for any build, especially this one. The play style of this build coupled with a RPH bonus allows for exceptionally high Combat Art regen, thus rendering Stamina pointless.

“What about Strenght?”

No matter what weapon u will be using, Strenght is not needed for this build.

“What about Dexterity?”

U serious? lol No, absolutely not needed for this build.

“So what’s so good about Willpower for this build?”

Well, since Ice and Blood brought insane spell (Combat Art) dmg and we r not going to be taking the Spell Resistance skill, we need something to protect us against the enemies’ dangerous Combat Arts.

“Isn’t it better to just have some “–dot” or “–dmg” and use the Willpower points for something else?”

No, because this build will be using other type of jewelry. Besides, u may not always come across good dmg reduction jewelry and there will be nothing to protect u, while Willpower is always there and it also gets boosted by attribute bonuses that u may have. Also, u r not constricted to using only 1 type of jewelry.

“Ok, what about Intelligence?”

This build will be using non-weapon based Combat Arts as it’s main attack so we r boosting Intelligence for some extra dmg.

K, with those questions answered, we will move on to the Attribute points distribution.

U will be spending you're Attribute points in this order:

-Up until u start getting 2 points per level, put all into Willpower.

-When u start getting 2 points per level put 1 into Willpower and 1 into Intelligence.

-When u start getting 3 points per level put 2 into Willpower and 1 into Intelligence.

With points spent as shown above, we r getting the much needed spell resistance and a bit extra dmg for our main attack.

Onto the

Skills

17dae8ed.jpg

1. Astute Supremacy Lore – This will be the main source of dmg for our main attack and also a source of modification points for the Combat Arts in that aspect.

2. Tactics Lore – This will be our source of dmg for our backup attack and also a source of modification points for the Gruesome Inquisition aspect.

3. Concentration – We need this so we can use all 3 buffs. U will master this skill first.

4. Armor Lore – This skill needs no explanation and is a must for any build.

5. Sword Weapons – We need this so we can use 2 Handed Swords that r above our level. “Why 2 Handed and not Dual Wield?” Well, the 2 Handed Swords come with better mods and more base dmg. Yes, u can have more sockets if u DW, but I preferred 2 Handed Swords for this build. I would recommend it, but if u really like DW, go for it. It will not affect the build in any way.

6. Constitution - This skill needs no explanation and is a must for any build.

7. Nefarious Netherworld Focus – We need this so we can mod the SR buff and so we can have it at higher levels while also reducing its impact on Combat Art regen.

8. Gruesome Inquisition Focus – We need this so we can have the PC buff and the Combat Arts at higher levels and also reduce their regen.

9. Astute Supremacy Focus – We need this so we can have the RP buff and the Combat Arts at higher levels and also reduce their regen.

10. Combat Discipline – We need this for the extra dmg and regen of our combos and also to have 3 Combat Arts in a combo.

Master all skills b4 pumping any above 75. Use the rest of the skill points for whatever u think u need.

“U could have replaced Tactics Lore with Ancient Magic for extra non-weapon based Combat Art dmg.”

Yes, but if the main attack doesn’t kill everyone, u will need something to finish off the rest. That’s where Tactics Lore comes in with the extra dmg to the backup attack.

Combat Arts (Combat Arts) and Combos:

Astute Supremacy – main aspect

ca3c5406.jpg

Chaos – The more enemies u gather around the more dmg u will do and more chance of all of them dying.

Vortex 2x – U want the biggest range possible for this, especially when u gather a huge mob.

fe532e9f.jpg

Disperse – When u have a huge mob, this will help hit most of them.

Hesitation – If there are any survivors after the combo, they will be slow to attack u while u prepare for the backup attack to finish them off.

Dynamic – U want extra dmg don’t u?

4a500cba.jpg

U don’t have to mod this, but if u have spare mod points, mod it for the following:

Lash Out – Good range is the key to dealing with a big mob.

Relay – The more enemies u can hit, the better.

Lesion – Because the Tumble mod is useless.

7a6ba129.jpg

Our 3rd buff.

3rd mod will be Evade.

Rebound – A lot of enemies will be using Combat Arts as u go up in difficulty. This will be a useful mod.

Counterblow – This will help with any enemies that manage to get close enough for a melee.

Evade - This will help evade hits from any enemies that manage to get close enough for a melee.

6632f668.jpg

This is the first combo and the main attack u will be using.

Basically, u gather a large group of enemies, make them form a tight formation (don’t let them scatter too much) and u let cast the combo onto the middle.

What happens is, CM sucks them all in and the impact does massive dmg killing them all in most cases.

If there r any enemies left (which will have very low health), LA will zap them for good dmg and crippling effects, and RT will shove away any enemy that is in front of u, doing dmg and giving u room to prepare for the backup attack if needed.

Gruesome Inquisition - backup aspect:

13a09b00.jpg

2nd mod will be Lacerate

3rd mod will be Judgement

Bleed – Self explanatory.

Lacerate - This will lower the enemie’s base HP.

Judgement – Critical hits = more dmg.

1bb1a35a.jpg

Ire – Self explanatory.

Dolor – U might get some health when this hits which is always useful.

Frenzy – Yeah, baby. Double hit!

84bff3f9.jpg

Our 2nd buff

Mystic – LA uses magic dmg and we wanna boost that.

Eradicate – Extra dmg, it’s all about the extra dmg. xD

Hallow – And, again, MORE DAMAGE!

0c05b228.jpg

This is you're backup attack, assuming that u will need it. If the first combo doesn’t wipe out everything, this is what will finish the job. Target the toughest enemy which will get hit by CE, and the rest will get hit by RM.

Nefarious Netherworld

a4b79f53.jpg

Our 1st buff

Deathmagic – While u gather mobs, this will do dmg to them. Also, when u r executing you're combos, u r close enough to enemies to dmg them with this mod.

Recreation – Self explanatory and very good when you're gathering mobs and r accompanied by many souls from the previous mob. Very useful for HC.

Soul Imbider – Whenever u kill a mob u gathered, this will completely heal u because of the number of souls. So, if anyone managed to hit u while u were executing the combo, this will heal u. Irreplaceble for HC.

Weapons

Basically, find something with many sockets and good base dmg. I recommend this:

c12b5fd1.jpg

All socketed with Niob smith dmg runes to add extra dmg to the non-weapon based Combat Arts. The Magic Pearl converts the physical dmg to magical so we can do more dmg with our backup attack since the PC buff is modded for magical dmg. Very powerful even for just standalone attacks (left click).

Armor

fe6f66ed.jpg

K, the reasons for this setup is because these pieces give u all the bonuses u need for the play style u’ll be using.

The 2 Catharsis items r good for their number of sockets, armor and the visibility range that will come very handy for gathering big mobs.

As for the skirt, I use a unique skirt that gives +experience and mf. Feel free to use whatever skirt suits u best.

All pieces should be socketed with Niob smith runes. Pieces with 3 sockets should have Bronze=armor and other 2 = dmg. Pieces that have 2 or 1 socket should have dmg.

Here is the bonus overview of this build at level 81:

dcd377f8.jpg

This is just an example of what you're bonus overview could look like at level 81. you're bonus will differ ofc.

That’s basically it for the build. The play style was kinda explained in the combo section, but I’ll summarize it here anyway:

Basically, u gather a large group of enemies, make them form a tight formation (don’t let them scatter too much) and u let cast the first combo onto the middle. If the first combo doesn’t wipe out everything, the 2nd (backup) combo should finish the job. With remaining enemies after the first combo, target the toughest enemy which will get hit by CE, and the rest will get hit by RM.

U always ride on the

d9f102ed.jpg

“Holy crap! I just noticed the regen time of the Combat Arts! How is that reasonable?!”

As I said in the beginning, the play style and equipment of this build allows for very high Combat Art regen.

First because u will be spending 15-30 seconds gathering each mob and by that time the combo will be recharged.

Second, u have regen-per-hit from the gloves from the GI set.

So, if there is any enemies left after the first combo, and u have to use the second one, the melee hits will recharge you're first combo especially because RM will hit about 4 enemies.

Don't be reckless to pump up the Combat Arts without paying attention to the regen. I recommend keeping the combo regen at 15sec after the buffs! So, always manage you're combo regen with you're buffs activated! Higher wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't go over 25sec if u r gathering mobs rather quickly. And keep all Combat Arts in a combo at same individual regen. U will see that cose Combat Arts need to be higher/lower level than others to achieve the same regen as other Combat Arts.

As for the Combat Arts not mentioned here, feel free to pump them up as much as u want because u probably wont be using them so might as well make them like a nuke. Especially pump up Frenetic Fervor to add urself a dmg boost when u need it and Paralyzing Dread in case u wanna slow down you're enemies.

About the build

Pros:

- Very fast leveling due to large mob one-shot killing.

- Best item drops due to a large number of enemies that gets killed in 1 shot, and everyone knows that the faster u kill an enemy the better chance for a good drop.

- Not jewelry dependent and leaves room for personal taste.

- High dmg.

- U get to feel more powerful than ever. xD

Cons:

- Could easely get killed while collecting mobs if u don’t know what you're doing and how to do it.

- Low HP, although solved by things mentioned I the guide.

- Low armor and defense, although enemies shouldn’t be alive enough to hit u and huge defense will come from the enemies’ souls.

- Can't farm bosses. This build is meant for mobs, not bosses. No need, anyway, because the 1-hit kills guarantee good drops from mobs.

“Where is it best to grind with this build?”

The best and safest place for this build is around Badawi killing the Sone Guards (very good experience), Scarabs, Blade Spiders, Harpys and small Scorpions (very good experience). Scarabs don’t give much experience but their large number serves as a great source of dmg for you're real enemies. Also, the Stone Guards r slow which is good. Just watch out for their arrows which slow u down.

Keep away from the big green Scorpion. If u really wanna fight it, just activate Frenetic Fervor and Paralyzing Dread and kill it quickly with a normal (left click) attack.

Another place u might wanna try is the Orcs. It’s a bit risky because the Shamans do good magic dmg and the fighters pack a punch. A lot of Kobold riders and animals there, too. They like to go BOOM!

I would recommend staying out of the Swamp (spiders, traps, magic dmg), Dryad island (balls and plants), Jungle (levins and poison), Blood forest and other very dangerous places.

Just remember that u have to have access to a Niob smith. If u can’t find the equipment I’ve shown u, just try and get a hold of stuff with a lot of sockets.

I think that’s it. If I remember something I left out, I will update this post.

Comments/feedback welcome.

Oh, and don’t ask how I got the font in the game to be as u see it because it’s against forum rules. And don’t bother PM-ing me because I can’t be bothered to explain. Google is you're friend.

Originally posted on SIF.

Brought here on gogo's suggestion. :D (have 1 on me)

Have fun!

p.s. Sorry for the Yellow on Willpower. I just copy/pasted from the SIF. Didn't know it was gonna look like this here. I really can't be bothered to go through it and change the color. lol Maybe I'll do it tomorrow unless one of the mods here has nothing better to do. :P

Edited by gogoblender
Fixed dah colours!

Looks very similiar to my own Inquisitor, only difference in the skills is that I took Toughness over Nefarious Netherworld Focus, and I must say I'm surprised how quicky he can dispatch huge groups of enemies with the Clustering Maelstrom/Ruthless Mutilation or Clustering Maelstrom/Raving Thrust combo.

Great write up :D

Highly entertaining and full of great reasons to build this way. I know Inqs are kind of one of the tougher classes to master, but with the help of Niobium shoppers, all is possible.

Thanks for bringing the guide over here Zatoichi!

:D

gogo

Thanks a lot, guys. :) And thanks for editing the colors, Schot. :)

I will be doing a guide for my 2 Seraphims, too at some point. Probably the one I got to Niob in HC, first...

Kudos for the build! I like the triple-aspect action! I liked the attribute section explainations. I guess after Ice and Blood, Willpower isn't ]just for Seph's and Temple Guardian's anymore?

Just one note, though - You mentioned Combat Discipline is needed for 3 Combat Art's in a combo, but I don't see any 3-move combos. It does look like some graphics didn't translate so well from SIF, so maybe you have the pictures there, but we cannot see them!

If I can request just one thing for your next guide? IMO, I was really turned off by the usage of u and k as "words". Please realize I'm not trying to criticize you or your english skill, its just that when I start reading those "words", I cringe.

Maybe they are better than "you" or "okay" for non-fluent english people, I cannot say; this is just my opinion ;)

CD is not just for 3 Combat Arts in a combo. U don't even need the 3rd Combat Art in the 1st combo (the one u say u didn't see in the post lol).

CD adds a good amount of dmg (more than Ancient Magic) to the Combat Arts that r in the combo and also gives u 10% regen on them. 20% regen when mastered.

About Willpower. For Sephs? Depends on the build. The 2 seraphim builds I am gonna post don't use 1 point in Willpower. ;)

About the spelling. I like using short version of words because it's faster to type and because I am sick of typing the most common words. "U" is pronounced exactly the same as "you", so I don't see a problem there.

Cheers. :cstars:

CD is not just for 3 Combat Arts in a combo. U don't even need the 3rd Combat Art in the 1st combo (the one u say u didn't see in the post lol).

CD adds a good amount of dmg (more than Ancient Magic) to the Combat Arts that r in the combo and also gives u 10% regen on them. 20% regen when mastered.

About Willpower. For Sephs? Depends on the build. The 2 seraphim builds I am gonna post don't use 1 point in Willpower. :)

About the spelling. I like using short version of words because it's faster to type and because I am sick of typing the most common words. "U" is pronounced exactly the same as "you", so I don't see a problem there.

Cheers. :butcher:

Combat Discipline - ty for clarification. You did state in the guide it allows for 3 Combat Arts in a combo, so since the icons are not displaying on my computer I thought maybe you had a combo I didn't try yet!

Spelling - sorry to nitpick ;) It's just my opinion.