Are Set Items useless or useful?

I found a Set Item piece, but it doesn't look any special or good..

and the set bonus is - dmg over time ( on all aspects.. poison physical and so on ) ...

are set items the thing to go for or are they just useless in this game?

not sure what to find in niob still playing silver ( am level 38 now )

so just wondering :]

Hi Senseo

I've found them useful in terms of planning and set bonuses. We can always count on the sets to drop, hence the development of properly planned builds. And some of the set bonuses like Life Leech that can slice through any enemy's defenses without being resisted while at the same time doling out precious health back to us is invaluable.

As well, when it comes to number of mods plus number of sockets, sets will always beat out any yellow purchasable.

Check out the list of Sacred 2 sets here on the wiki and start your dreaming.

Sacred 2 Set Items

Cheers!

:D

gogo

For the longest time (pre-Dark Matters/wiki) I felt that the set items were a cool idea, but not overly powerful. Yes, with FULL sets, there was definite advantages to the sets, but overall I was unimpressed.

Then, after finding the wiki, looking at builds, understanding the game mechanics... yeah, set pieces are usually preferred. Even at level 100, I was using 1 or 2 level 30 set items just to get the set bonus working.

I can only imagine that their value increases dramatically when you can trade with others to get your "ideal" armour setup. (ie 3 pieces of one set with 5 of another, etc)

So, collect away! if your chest gets unwieldly, you can create characters, and offload items to them as "extra" space for storage / sorting.

Happy hunting! (or farming, if your the pacifist type) :D

I found a Set Item piece, but it doesn't look any special or good..

and the set bonus is - dmg over time ( on all aspects.. poison physical and so on ) ...

are set items the thing to go for or are they just useless in this game?

not sure what to find in niob still playing silver ( am level 38 now )

so just wondering :]

If playing on the console, and I have to believe you are by posting here, if you have a shopper you will likely want max socket able holes you can get your hands on period. (dmg mitigation and %LL are perhaps only 2 exceptions to that) However, since set pieces do indeed contain max holes, might as well get the bonus that goes with them. However, trading a few sockets for a couple of set bonuses seems counter intuitive to me since you can get such great mods on rings/ammies if you have a nice shopper and some time.

Having said all that, if you have said shopper, you likely can do whatever you want because it doesn't really matter because the game becomes pretty easy if you build your character right and socket your gear with ideal stuff.

Set pieces (this is for PC) became especially powerful, what with the addition of extra slots PLUS increase in quality with Ice and Blood.

For a dryad, what this added to Detheya's was nothing short of miraculous. The original set up of the Detheya's was plenty powerful...but it's lack of sockets plus the absurd quality (bronzes!) of some of them used to make me want to cry and turned socketing instances into tortuous moments of painful indecision.

:D

gogo

Heya,

find, try and evaluate :D In time, you will know how to balance your build with items. You will know what is potentially great and what is not :D

Have fun!

Greetz

quite a late reply ^^

but still,

thanks for all the answers on this..

tho I've been looking for some socketable items and haven't really found any of use

( starting to get bargaining up btw.. almost got it at char level again )

I also have some rings + amulets with +2 skills +random something..

I figured those are the best for a Pyromancer HE to use?

just a pure caster so... -regen time + higher dmg on spells .. nothing better then that I guess?

or does some1 have any other suggestions what to look out for and why ?

( maybe something with armor?.. die rather easily ^^ )

p.s

am level 40 HE .. if any1 got some spare body parts ( sound like I'm an android but okayy :) )

xbox gamertag = SenSeoPirate

would love to play a bit with other ppl, especially hunt for items :)

*note*

don't have a mic atm XD,, it couldn't resist taking my chair

and I didn't noticed the darling till I crushed it :'(

will have a new one at the end of the week ;)

*end note*