Future Party event

I got the idea for this from discussions I have with Furian67 about his old Ever Quest days. He would tell me about bosses so tough it would take hundreds of players in huge coordinated attacks to take them down. with wizards and archers and magi and solders etc.... all playing a part and coordinated by a single General of the event. and death and carnage was rampant.

From the Gold Diggers thread:

I like exploring also Munera. But these themed parties have thier place. This one was spawned from the search for legendaries. We will be doing some generic parties as well as themed ones.

I have a list of themes as well.

1. The Kungfu

2. A co-op camp where we quest toghether and level together.

3. A chain quest party. Like the Sunday kamikaze but we o ly find chain quests.

4. A true suicide kamikaze with out uber tough boss killer toons. But party specific toons where everyone plays a roll. Everyone has to play a complimentary build that can not stand alone.

Anyway in time we may get to try all of these.

For now goodluck to the gold diggers. Hope you find your legendary weapons.

4. A true suicide kamikaze with out uber tough boss killer toons. But party specific toons where everyone plays a roll. Everyone has to play a complimentary build that can not stand alone.

I really like this idea. I always wanted to do some sort of event like this in Sacred 2.

Max

So I was thinking we can have 5 in a party. And if each plays a different class with aspect and skill restrictions to make the toon dependent on the party but offers a skill set that helps everyone. we would have a blast doing party boss runs or questing etc.

1 thought I have is a pure caster party. no melee or ranged Combat Art's just spells. all the defense you want but your restricted to only 1 aspect. Each class would run a different element or skill set:

1. Voodoo Dryad (poison)

2. celestial seraphim (magic)

3. Dragon Magic Dragon (fire)

4. Mystic High elf (Ice)

5. Specrtal Shadow Warrior (Summoner)

6. Source warden Temple Guardian ( Area of Effect)

And we could all post our builds after were done.

I think we would have a lot of fun starting at level 1.

I can create a Malevolent Champion Shadow Warrior in order to enhance both the astral summons and party mates' abilities. It would be also a great help against bosses :P

Just the opposite of what I was thinking though. as a malevolent Shadow Warrior could run solo at low level. And have plenty of melee firepower to kill champs and bosses. I want him weak so as to force the group to fight together. I would let you do it as a kung fu maybe. no weapons haha!

Yeah, but he isnt that strong when fighting groups. The summoner Shadow Warrior is really boring, unless you turn him into a hybrid melee and u take the three aspects. Make your choice :P

You should make level 1 racers :P

Make a new toon and race from say Sloeford to Dragonmaw Pass. No tweaking or twinking of builds allowed. Used to do this in S1 racing from Bellevue to Khorad with level 1 Dwarves. It was great when we could get 5+ peeps racing.

I like that idea :P No pushing and shoving allowed!

We could call it the Mad Dashers! Level 1 empty chest and no gear except what you pick up. With stages like a WRX race. Oh that sounds like blast!

So I was thinking we can have 5 in a party. And if each plays a different class with aspect and skill restrictions to make the toon dependent on the party but offers a skill set that helps everyone. we would have a blast doing party boss runs or questing etc.

1 thought I have is a pure caster party. no melee or ranged Combat Art's just spells. all the defense you want but your restricted to only 1 aspect. Each class would run a different element or skill set:

1. Voodoo Dryad (poison)

2. celestial seraphim (magic)

3. Dragon Magic Dragon (fire)

4. Mystic High elf (Ice)

5. Specrtal Shadow Warrior (Summoner)

6. Source warden Temple Guardian ( Area of Effect)

And we could all post our builds after were done.

I think we would have a lot of fun starting at level 1.

I love stuff like that. Party builds are very typical in Guild Wars and take a great deal of thought. It would be fun to try and create party builds in Sacred 2. :P Oh... Or Buddy Builds even. Catchy huh!

I also like that idea and I'm up for it :D

Even Inquisitor can participate in buddy builds with Reverse Polarity modded for exploit :) He's a good guy, he's even ready to share the damage he receives... Ain't he sweet :P

Yes, I like the Buddy system of builds. Master Chattius has many builds he does this way when his family is at the community center. Play is done in coop with at least one or more other toons everyone has their part to play. Everyone sticks together and levels together. Like I keep telling Loco, EverQuest was made this way. Was very hard to play solo, So the group of friends I was with decided to each play a toon to compliment the group. When we worked in harmony we had huge fun and levels came really fast.

Granted the two games are not the same but the working together should be able to be done.

• 7 months later...

I LOVE no tweaking/twinking...

Lets face it even the 5 man 'gimped' (thats harsh its rather a party build such as a party TG...) if it has +400% damage whets in silver even kung-fu will wipe the snot out of banshee and all 4 guardians at the same time. Slight exageration.

But I think the idea of a party that needs to support eachother to survive is totally perfect with no twinking or tweaking. We can have shopping/smithing but only of the participants and not in a higher difficulty server. You really struggle in those odds. Sacred, like titan quest before it is really a balanced game if you are not romping around in higher level sockets/gear. If you are untwinked bronze (with bronze items) is actually harder than niob (untwinked OR twinked) I think. I'm not kidding. Well not in sense of mortal peril but I had a few toons have to go to silver kobolds because their damage/defense pooped out in bronze desert hehe.

Heya,

I like the idea :D

Building a team with strenghts across the toons, making no use of what everyone has stashed. Exchanging drops, smithing and trading for eachother... sounds like a plan to me!

Greetz

Please Sign In or Sign Up