Potion Stacks

I thought of a great but simple mod. Increase the stack count of potions to unlimited instead of 20. And make Runes stackable.

I have searched through the drop.txt and balance.txt but didn't see anything that might be the setting.

Anybody have any ideas where to look?

Thanks,

Kirii

Edited by Kirii
  • Like! 1

I've had a look in blueprint, itemtype, iteminfo,and weaponpool, and although I've found references to various potions and runes in them, none have anything remotely resembling stack size or stackable.

Unless I missed it, I guess the only other option would be the game's executable.

• Like! 1
I've had a look in blueprint, itemtype, iteminfo,and weaponpool, and although I've found references to various potions and runes in them, none have anything remotely resembling stack size or stackable.

Unless I missed it, I guess the only other option would be the game's executable.

Well, tried all those files and the skin xml file in the pak folder. I managed to make every potion take up "0" blocks instead of "1" in the inventory, essentially making them invisible and take up no room, but then they become unusable and un-purchasable.

I did stumble across the code for the player chest and shared chest though. I managed to create three more tabs of inventory in the chest but they ended up just being duplicates of the shared chest. The code can be found in the skin-xml.zip file in the pak folder under windows=>chestinventory.xml.

Maybe somebody with a little more knowledge could figure out how to change the new tabs into 2nd and 3rd shared chests?

• 1 month later...

Multiple tabs would be greeeeaat! I'm playing with 6 characters at the moment( Seraphim, Dryad, High elf, Shadow Warrior, Temple Guardian, and Dragon Mage) , all in single player and one shared tab is just not enough! some of the weapons that I pass along from one character to another just takes up to much space! :guns:

• Like! 1
I did stumble across the code for the player chest and shared chest though. I managed to create three more tabs of inventory in the chest but they ended up just being duplicates of the shared chest. The code can be found in the skin-xml.zip file in the pak folder under windows=>chestinventory.xml.

Maybe somebody with a little more knowledge could figure out how to change the new tabs into 2nd and 3rd shared chests?

I looked into this myself. and I also got 2 duplicates of the shared chest.

After much vexation, I have come to the conclusion that LokaID's need to be made for the additional tabs.

Tab1 - LokaID="UI_SHAREDCHEST" (we got this one already)

Tab2 - LokaID="UI_SHAREDCHEST2"

Tab3 - LokaID="UI_SHAREDCHEST3"

I'll keep digging to see if I can find where the UI definitions are handled and see if I can create the additional chest tabs.

If I can find the UI definitions, I think I'll try for 2 player chests and 2-3 shared. (Yes, I collect that much crap. :girl_sigh: )

• 7 months later...

I can't believe no one hasn't looked into this since the last post in May of last year. I mean doesn't this bug anyone else that you need to use up a lot of space for the different potions? In every other game I've played someone has figured out a way to increase the stack size to say 50-100. :pitcher: Hell I'd happily send someone a case of their favorite beer if they posted a mod for it.

Edited by Gumby
  • Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Anyone figured something out about stacking potions to more than 20? would really appreciate help with that.

:bye:

Edited by Delta!
  • 3 years later...

I looked into this myself. and I also got 2 duplicates of the shared chest.

After much vexation, I have come to the conclusion that LokaID's need to be made for the additional tabs.

Tab1 - LokaID="UI_SHAREDCHEST" (we got this one already)

Tab2 - LokaID="UI_SHAREDCHEST2"

Tab3 - LokaID="UI_SHAREDCHEST3"

I'll keep digging to see if I can find where the UI definitions are handled and see if I can create the additional chest tabs.

If I can find the UI definitions, I think I'll try for 2 player chests and 2-3 shared. (Yes, I collect that much crap. :P )

Could u explain how to do this? Please

• 3 weeks later...

You might need to add this part of code per tab. This is for the chestinventory.xml file.

<CSuiInventory Name="Inventory1"  forcecolorhit="1">
        <rect x="28" y="13" width="784" height="337" />
        <CWindow neverhit="1">
          <rect x="-5" y="-5"/>
          <CVisualBitmap template="frame.inv"/>
          <CVisInventory Name="VIS_SUI_INVENTORY" Color="0xffffffff" ColorShader="shader.color" TexShader="shader.preview_do_n_sg"/>
        </CWindow>
      </CSuiInventory>
<CButton template="button.tab" name="Tab1">
          <rect x="170" y="-18" width="120" height="32" />
          <CTextbox neverhit="1">
            <rect x="0" y="6" width="120" height="20" />
            <CVisualText template="text.tab" LokaID="UI_SHAREDCHEST"/>
          </CTextbox>
          <!-- cSuiToolTipData lokaid="UI_TT_EQUIPTAB"/ -->
        </CButton>

for the tabs you should just be able to copy this part but change tab1 to tab2 and maybe us_sharedchest2. The 170 should be 292. This makes you have 3 tabs but so far you can only click on them but you can't add of take out from them...yet.

Edited by Saraphima