Magazine subscription: joke or fraud?

About a year ago I started receiving men's magazines of the Maxim brand. One day I found one in my mailbox, with my name and address on it. I hadn't subscribed to it, and it's not my kind of literature, so I thought a friend or an acquaintance had subscribed me to it as a practical joke of some sort. An inquiry brought no results. No one seemed to know about it. Seeing that, I thought I was being being made victim of some shady business, but a quick search on my one other magazine's publisher's website found no mention of this particular unwanted one, and to this day I haven't found anything about it on my bills.

Can anyone help me shed some light on this problem? Is there a way I can make it stop? Am I a victim of fraud?

It sort of hurts my Tech Duck sensibilities to throw away an unread, perfect condition document every month. I can't give it away either, because no one wants it.

My 2 cts, but why not make a call to the publisher?

because then they might actually bill him :)

Bill him is one thing, paying is another.

I would want to take a look at my contract first. If they can't show me one, tough luck for them.

Don't go moron-mode and say: hey I've been receiving your product for the past year and haven't paid a dime.

Try something like this: hey, I'm getting your magazine but I want to cancel my subscription; or: I just moved in here and I'm getting a magazine which isn't for me.