Acute Mind affects weapon Combat Arts

SolomonGrundy

Soo...I am making an INT - caster dryad, currently level 46.

Big points in Nature weaver Lore & Focus, Ancient Magic. I do have 9 points in the Capricious Hunter Focus to modify the Combat Art "dust devil"

+ All Combat Arts, and + rings slotted, and some +% damage as well.

When I kick off Acute Mind (+2000 Int, at this point), my Combat Art damage for Capricous Hunter Combat Arts go through the roof, making it less worth it to both with tangled vines.

So my question is: when will Lore + Ancient Magic outweigh throwing star damage (that's what I use becasue it is the only 1 handed ranged weapon a Dryad can use.

Soo...I am making an INT - caster dryad, currently level 46.

Big points in Nature weaver Lore & Focus, Ancient Magic. I do have 9 points in the Capricious Hunter Focus to modify the Combat Art "dust devil"

+ All Combat Arts, and + rings slotted, and some +% damage as well.

When I kick off Acute Mind (+2000 Int, at this point), my Combat Art damage for Capricous Hunter Combat Arts go through the roof, making it less worth it to both with tangled vines.

So my question is: when will Lore + Ancient Magic outweigh throwing star damage (that's what I use becasue it is the only 1 handed ranged weapon a Dryad can use.

From what I understand about our console version and Acute Mind, I believe Ravaged Impact and Darting Assault will probably be more damage than Ephadic Lances "forever". Tangled Vines doesn't do the most damage, it's the secondary effects it's used for mostly.

I believe it is an oversight by testers that AM affects Combat Art damage for shurikens, as it "should" only work with magic staffs. Enjoy! :)

well ain't that a stinker!

Heh... you don't HAVE to use those Combat Art's... especially being a "caster", you shouldn't (except to recharge spells with RpH)!

:4rofl:

I believe it is an oversight by testers that AM affects Combat Art damage for shurikens, as it "should" only work with magic staffs. Enjoy! :4rofl:

AM should only affect non-weapon-based Combat Arts (Tangled Vine, Twisted Torment, etc).

I believe it is an oversight by testers that AM affects Combat Art damage for shurikens, as it "should" only work with magic staffs. Enjoy! :4rofl:

AM should only affect non-weapon-based Combat Arts (Tangled Vine, Twisted Torment, etc).

Do you mean Ancient Magic or Acute Mind?

Acute Mind is definitely affecting weapons based Combat Arts. I do 2.5K with it up, and 365 with it off.

Do you mean Ancient Magic or Acute Mind?

Acute Mind is definitely affecting weapons based Combat Arts. I do 2.5K with it up, and 365 with it off.

Solomon - I wanted to ask what mods you have on your Acute Mind, and the level you are casting it at to get 2k INT bonus at level 46.

With level 50, my bonus is about +980 at CAL 20-ish (21.7 IIRC). I have the mods 1) cooldown reduction and 2) increase INT bonus.