The weaponless Elf

chattius

You may have read about our spidergirls, weaponless kungfu dyads. Last weeks I was trying same with a shadow warrior. He has a 'hard hit' attack too which could be modified for explosions. Even he was not kicking like the dryad, more boxing, he did 2 attacks per hard hit(demonic blow) and both could cause explosions.

A serafim failed, no hard hit which could do explosions and to kill groups with single weaponless hits is taking too much time.

So suddenly I said to myself: Hell, you were playing melee elves for almost a year and you never thought about weaponless. I wasn't exspecting much since the elf has no two-weapon combat. I didn't want to waste time in creating a new character so I took my old drow (I made her eveil and dark skinned, which is possible in the AddOn) and was testing it out:

It is no martial arts kicking like the dryad, or boxing as the Shadow Warrior. It is more ladylike: A clap with the right palm to the face and then the hand swings back to give another hit on the other cheek with the backside of the hand. Both hits can cause mana steal and explosions. The funny thing is: I always considered manasteal as useless because you can reach hardly 60% regeneration time win. But it are two hits, so 45% steal is enough to reach 90% and the remaining 10% are mainly animation time:

SPAMMING HIGH LEVEL MAGIC COUPS

I plan to create a new elf, optimized for weaponless combat: alchemy, damage lore, speed lore.... I need no spells or weapon skill. There is none for weaponless. But I have to hit because the first modifier of magic coup can't be sure hit but has to be damage since we play weapon less. The damage modifier is not a x% damage or a base damage but a multiplier of 1.2 to the base damage befor x% damage is applied.

In the german version she mumbles something like 'Flegel' while she is doing the animation. A Flegel is something like a boy who doesn't behave like a gentleman. If you are zoomed in, I am always half zoomed in because of my bad eyes, you see her turning red. Ever saw a drow blushing, it is a funny look.

APRIL APRIL

Anca at GSF used to do really good 1st of april jokes.Like the killer rabbit as a special mount last year for the then yet to come AddOn.

Edited by chattius
In the german version she mumbles something like 'Flegel' while she is doing the animation. A Flegel is something like a boy who doesn't behave like a gentleman. If you are zoomed in, I am always half zoomed in because of my bad eyes, you see her turning red. Ever saw a drow blushing, it is a funny look.

Depending on what century you live in, that could be translated as cad/bounder/b#####d. I'll have to try that with my HE. :ike: Can't really imagine her slapping the bosses (apart from the Inquisitor boss at the end)...

Well then, that is certainly an ambitious build idea.

Is this going to be a HC character?

It would seem at first glance to be an incredibly difficult toon to make, especially in the early stages.

I suspect this couldn't be a character that would be able to progress by herself. Meaning she would need to party almost constantly.

Hope you had some fun:

The left and right hand to face are an april joke. AS is her speaking while doing it and the blushing. For the rest, who knows, A kungfu elf might be playable. She will be quite robust.

Hope you had some fun:

The left and right hand to face are an april joke. AS is her speaking while doing it and the blushing. For the rest, who knows, A kungfu elf might be playable. She will be quite robust.

I knew it! 8) You slipped with the mana steal modification. I remembered you saying that mana steal is always the wrong choice because RpH is working with AddOn 8).

Good one, though. Barehanded elf isn't too bad to play with Shadow Step and invisibility mod. Some small issues with SS targetting and console controls.

Happy Easter!

No fair.

You posted after midday my time zone so April fools was officially over when I read it.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :sigh:

Hope you had some fun:

I liked the idea of this build.I've started looking into the Mana steal and explosion. Would Mana steal replace Rph? Would it allow high Combat Art? I think the HE gets plenty of hit point regeneration with her Buff. Mana steal would allow not to need socketing of Rph I would think.

Edited by Furian67
Hope you had some fun:

I liked the idea of this build.I've started looking into the Mana steal and explosion. Would Mana steal replace Rph? Would it allow high Combat Art? I think the HE gets plenty of hit point regeneration with her Buff. Mana steal would allow not to need socketing of Rph I would think.

I got great results with the Inquisitor Callous Exec. with the RpH mod... but unsure how much regen. it was actually giving. Never seemed to be more than 1/4 of the CE regen time. Probably cannot completely replace RpH socketing, but could give a nice base value; so maybe a damage x-x with RpH for one of your damage slots to tweak the amount of regen per hit?

But, that character was built before I found Dark Matters, so it was probably not "done correctly"...

• 11 months later...

This morning:

Radio said that european community will have to save money and forbids not english speaking countries to use accents (â,à,á), Umlaute (Ä,Ö,Ü), sharp-s(ß), ... The money saved by unified keyboards, wordprocessing software and lower to pay secretaries could save enough money to double the number of politicians in the parliament and same time paying them 20% more. The increased number of politicians is needed to help fighting the next financial crisis to the european parlament.

Newspaper read that government will try to help people who would suffer from closing garnisons because germany is no longer drafting into army. The garnisons and the drill sergeants will change into boot-camps so every kid not having at least 12 points (a B+) in sport classes will have to go there in summer breaks. The hope is to reduce overweight in near future and reducing costs for health insurances.

Newspaper: german train company is trying to keep their trains running even after all nuclear plants would be called to stop. Braking at a railway station is normaly a waste of energy. So all trains would be re-equipped with electromagnetic brakes and so energy will be produced at braking and sold to the energy market. European community did a stop, because the using train tracks as power-lines would be a monopole and an unfair advantage to other companies producing energy.

TV said that E10-fuel would be free of taxes for a year to boost its usage....

... 1st of april again

chattius: Never noticed this bould before. Sounds a nice try, eventhough a bit hard one...

And about the 1'st of April; my anime-magazine almost got me to stab a fools hat on my head. Luckily I remembered what day it is.

Hardly not plausible about that E10. Just read a little article how it was tested to be not worth bying, which I've heard a lot from another forum already.