Need some help regarding runes

kra

Hello all, I am new in sacred 2 and I am trying to figure out what is going on with runes.

I am playing v2.65.1 ice and blood.

I started playing a ranged dryad with a blowgun, and it's a very fun build so far but

half my inventory is now filled with runes and I was looking at where I could use them

but all options seem to make my skills much less usable, so the big question is, are runes useless?

My build atm at level 15 is:

enchanced perception 5

tactics lore 14

bargaining 1

ranged weapons 1

concentration 2

and I got 11 free points

I was reading this guidelines by chrona

chrona's hunter

And I am wondering how he can put so many points in the buff skills, I have modded Sinister Predator

with gold -regen and when I increase it it still increases my regeneration times, it seems from my standpoint

that if I were to put so many runes in the buff skills that my attacks would end up having crazy cooldowns.....

Could anyone tell me what is going on? Has the game changed that much since when that guide was posted?

Thanks in advance.

Heya,

the Gold regen bonus is a caling bonus. It gets better with higher levels. Furthermore, Buffs do not have that bad a regen bonus.

As per your next skill, Capricious Hunter Focus or armor lore, would be good choices, as they will reduce the regen on higher level buffs and Combat Art's and higher level armor.

Nothing much has changed, and Chrona's build is still pretty much viable.

Greetz

Heya,

the Gold regen bonus is a caling bonus. It gets better with higher levels. Furthermore, Buffs do not have that bad a regen bonus.

As per your next skill, Capricious Hunter Focus or armor lore, would be good choices, as they will reduce the regen on higher level buffs and Combat Art's and higher level armor.

Nothing much has changed, and Chrona's build is still pretty much viable.

Greetz

Thank you for your swift response Barristan.

I made some Sinister predator runes to see what will happen if I apply them

Every level increased the time by 10.8% and from what I read in sacred wiki

the gold mod decreases the time by 1.5% for each level of sinister predator

Doesn't that mean that each level of the spell will add 9.3% to the regeneration time?

Lets say that it can go up to level 200, wont it give 1830% increased regeneration time?

How can you counter that crazy percentage? Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance.

Remember that Concentration, Focus skills and Stamina decreases the regen penalties you get, and eventually "eating" another rune almost doesn't give you any penalty at all.

As well, some Buff Combat Art's have a choice of mod that actually helps you lower your regens as the level of the Combat Art itself gets higher.

Think for Dryad Ancient Bark, Effortless.

Armor Lore will also drop regens. I know it doesn't seem like you can ever manage regens, but it's an inexorable process and, with careful choices, you'll most likely end up wth fairish regens.

Eating runes to level up your Combat Art's is your last choice. First look for it built into equipment, jewelry you can socket, a buff casting slot that has weapon, shield you switch to to, bonus from full set ... boosting your Combat Art levels this way has them regen at 50 percent. Eating a rune at 100 %. Try to cast buffs from a buff boosting slot, after which you switch to your normal weapon slot... buff stays at same high level it was cast at, but once you switch out of that slot the regens of the buff are now modded by the new slot.

Tip ^^

:)

gogo