Damage when enraged as a socketable?

I gotta scratch my head at the developers for this mod. Is something I don't know about this? I assume the damage effect is additive to other damage increases rather than multiplicative. Or?

The reason I scratch my head is on jewels and items you can also find the %damage all channels and its usually very similar magnitude. All channel damage % functions whether you are enraged or not. At the same time blacksmith whets usually give even MORE magnitude all channel damage relative to the jewelry typically found at that difficulty/character level.

Some times I think its as if there are 10 good mods in the whole game and the other 20 are just filler (eg +selling price?) to make those ten rare. I would prefer some amount of 'good' versus 'bad' mods but moreso than it is now I would prefer it if each mod could compete with eachother and it was a matter of choosing a strategy (of many). I understand that they can't balance every mod perfectly but this enraged damage is so much worse than what you can get just at the blacksmith. I guess it would make more sense if the gold was so scarce that you needed to pay the smith.

Or is there a hidden factor I am unaware?

I know how this works, but there's something I don't know - when is the threshold for the maximum potential of +damage of enraged players.

In general, it is +% damage when you are hurt. The pain threshold for inquisitor's purifying chastisement buff is 25/35% of total HP value. However, as an item mod, nothing gives you a proper threshold. In general, damage of enraged players is possibly uber, as shown by some Inquisitor builds. Dual Sword of the Blood Dryad, Purifying Chastisement for 25% threshold (modded for crit) and some Damage of enraged players can get the inquisitor's damage to skyrocket. And by that I mean skyrocket! 100k+ anyone?

However, since most people here play Hardcore, WIDD build (wounds increase damage dealt - the term from Sacred 1) is rare and is a pure call for suicide, so few people attempt it.

Edited by Dobri

What do you think of the socketable? like level 50 gold I just found a ring that does 12% enraged damage. I can stick a gold whet in the socket to do 18% all channel damage. Does the 12% and the first I mentioned mean it does 12% damage at the maximum wounds level? Or is it some proportional measure of 12% damage per X0% wounded you are. For example perhaps you get 12% damage when to 80% health 24% when to 60% and 36% when to 40%? I can see the purifying chastisement and blood dryads because the enraged magnitude on them is so high. But 12% enraged damage in gold if its the maximum at maximum threshold would be crap!?

I would personally use these rings only on an Inquisitor WIDD build. On a Veiled Shadow Warrior build, it won't do any good because you simply won't take any damage when cloaked. So my suggestion is to sell them :yay:

Even on the inquisitor should I trade it to another character I question the magnitude 12% relative to the magnitude of all channel damage from whets. Ok at level 50 purifying chastisement has at most like +300 enraged damage (about level 40). Even so why would I put a ring that adds a puny 12% enraged damage to a socket when I can just stick a whet in for 18% all channel damage around the clock ie even when not enraged. I question whether I am aware of the mechanics of the modification for the reason of the fact that the 12% enraged damage does not compete with whets which are easily available. Did ascaron just throw in a bunch of pissant mods such as enraged damage to dilute the pool of mods thereby creating scarcity? It wouldn't be the first game that happened. Personally I prefer each mod to at least be conceivably useful. They might as well just have created the 10 best mods and then have an 80% chance that instead of a mod there will just be text saying "try again", lol.

The "enraged player" mods on rings would be very useful if the effect kicked in at any hp value under 100%. So, ya when u "get hurt". :(

Or a more reasonable thing would be that the value is max increase u can get, which is when u get to 25% of hp, and the bigger you're hp % the smaller amount of bonus u get from the max indicated by the mod. This way u wouldn't get overpowered, but still get some minor bonus when you're (actually) hurt.

I mean, 25% of hp just to get some extra dmg is very risky, especially for HC. U'd have to be crazy to do it, be cause u could easely get 1 shotted, especially if you're boss farming...

And, anyway, with LL% and dblow, the enraged players mod is really obsolete...

Edited by Zatoichi
Some times I think its as if there are 10 good mods in the whole game and the other 20 are just filler (eg +selling price?) to make those ten rare. I would prefer some amount of 'good' versus 'bad' mods but moreso than it is now I would prefer it if each mod could compete with eachother and it was a matter of choosing a strategy (of many). I understand that they can't balance every mod perfectly but this enraged damage is so much worse than what you can get just at the blacksmith. I guess it would make more sense if the gold was so scarce that you needed to pay the smith.

Or is there a hidden factor I am unaware?

Even selling price has its implementations :o No mods in Sacred 2 are "useless" to everyone. I will agree that enraged/WIDD should be left to inquisitors (mostly), and there are a couple of others that are only good when you focus on abusing them; but all the mods have a place to be used, in my opinion.