Massive Area of Effect Dryad in the AddOn

chattius

Trying to get you a little Vid action gogo. I'm not good at this and I think I need to change some settings so it looks better but lets see how this goes.

What I tryed to show here is a small example of:

1) mob round up. Really no need to round them up but it sure makes for picking loot up easier. And you definitely want to do that as I'm constantely finding uniques and set pieces.

2) experience gain before and after. I think there are so many mobs that I don't get to see the full screen of experience.

3) being able to stand in the middle of that mob and not taking much damage at all to be concerned with. We all know that those boars can stun, hasn't happened yet (knock on wood). I looked through the calculator of the last 10 mobs and they all had less than 10% chance to hit. my Ancient Bark is at 177 runes ate. and I havent been puting any stats into the nature focus in awhile.

Anyway here we go, see if this works:

Mob Round up

Intel Staff Hunter

Its hard to see the experience but it looks like I started with 2,063,609 experience till level and ended those few seconds with 1,920,695 give or take a few. Giving me about 142,000 in just those few moments.

Edited by Furian67
Equipment used, optimally what I've been using is a full set of Detheya's Agility for the life leech% and Hunter boosts. I also always keep 3 pieces of Eternal Flame, usually the Helm, Chest, and Shoulders. The chest has physical mitigation on it but with all 3 pieces you get Fire Mitigation. Socket these three with the same as you have on your normal gear but if you can add a Dragon Amulet. Fire Mitigation and Fire DoT adds up to almost equalizing the Sensitivity to Fire that we get from Ancient Bark. It sure takes the sting of fire away, not completely yet but at least I haven't been one shotted by the baby dragons since I've started wearing the Eternal Flame when I'm in primary fire areas.

When do you get the fire mitigation? I am looking at the set, and it appears that you need the entire set...but I am on the console so maybe they changed it.

Trying to get you a little Vid action gogo. I'm not good at this and I think I need to change some settings so it looks better but lets see how this goes.

What I tryed to show here is a small example of:

1) mob round up. Really no need to round them up but it sure makes for picking loot up easier. And you definitely want to do that as I'm constantely finding uniques and set pieces.

2) experience gain before and after. I think there are so many mobs that I don't get to see the full screen of experience.

3) being able to stand in the middle of that mob and not taking much damage at all to be concerned with. We all know that those boars can stun, hasn't happened yet (knock on wood). I looked through the calculator of the last 10 mobs and they all had less than 10% chance to hit. my Ancient Bark is at 177 runes ate. and I havent been puting any stats into the nature focus in awhile.

Anyway here we go, see if this works:

Mob Round up

Intel Staff Hunter

Its hard to see the experience but it looks like I started with 2,063,609 experience till level and ended those few seconds with 1,920,695 give or take a few. Giving me about 142,000 in just those few moments.

Those Vids are crazy. that is just unreal! I want some of that!

Equipment used, optimally what I've been using is a full set of Detheya's Agility for the life leech% and Hunter boosts. I also always keep 3 pieces of Eternal Flame, usually the Helm, Chest, and Shoulders. The chest has physical mitigation on it but with all 3 pieces you get Fire Mitigation. Socket these three with the same as you have on your normal gear but if you can add a Dragon Amulet. Fire Mitigation and Fire DoT adds up to almost equalizing the Sensitivity to Fire that we get from Ancient Bark. It sure takes the sting of fire away, not completely yet but at least I haven't been one shotted by the baby dragons since I've started wearing the Eternal Flame when I'm in primary fire areas.

When do you get the fire mitigation? I am looking at the set, and it appears that you need the entire set...but I am on the console so maybe they changed it.

on console the affect from darting assualt won't work. This is pc Ice and Blood staff skill. But the acute mind mixed with staff skill for damage is very viable. And pumping nature focus lore will make an awesome boss killer with vines and thorns

Yup, the entire set bonus is the Fire Mitigation.

On pc Ice and Blood only 3 pieces are needed

Strange, as when looking at the Wiki "chance that opponents..." looks to be the 3 piece equipped bonus.

Perhaps something has changed in Ice and Blood then.

Strange, as when looking at the Wiki "chance that opponents..." looks to be the 3 piece equipped bonus.

Perhaps something has changed in Ice and Blood then.

No worries, as gogo says " send pix " Tonight when I get home I"ll get a picture of it. Might be we need to update the wiki.

I tried out this thing and I must say it's pure pwnage. :) Almost like InstaGib in Unreal Tournament but against multiple targets. And a single piece of 0.2s RPH ring makes my ~7s regen DA ready again in no time.

I'm only level 10 but the build seems promising, hardest thing is collecting the loot dropped offscreen. :)

She is still kicking, took me about 11 hrs to reach level 60 with minimal aid (a few +all skills jewelry, flat damage rings and gold-grade blacksmith runes granted by my level 64 Temple Guardian - since I'm new on EU lobby I have no niob support toons for the time being). Highest level Dryad I've ever built, didn't like her before too much. :D

My skills so far:

2 Tactics Lore (25)

3 Hunter Focus (36)

5 Magic Staffs (25)

8 Concentration (1)

12 Spell Resistance (35)

18 Armor Lore (32)

25 Nature Focus (31)

35 Enhanced Perception (5)

50 Bargaining (30), first mastery @75

The 10th skill will be Combat Discipline (most likely).

Thx to Furian for the Combat Art mod tips (post #45).

Welcome. Really wish my Ravaged Impact silver mod was for the wounding instead of poison. Would have worked better against mini bosses I think. Also not sure If I should have taken Nature Lore. My plan was to be able to mod Tangled Vines and Lances for bosses. But there is a bit of an issue for damage. Darting Assault takes x-x damage rings where as vines and lances need the Whet damage xx%. Also I think I should have picked bargaining earlier and got it to level and kept it there. Since about level 80 I've been trying to get at least 4 points into it every level but it doesn't seem to want to catch up( not as fast as I want it to) I really want to pump my other skills but I can't afford to yet. Got my Darting Assault damage up to about 7k prior to Acute mind kicking in. When mobs get to 55% health my Death Blow kicks in and I've seen damage numbers around 45 thousand.

I'll get around to updating the build post I did soon.

She is still kicking, took me about 11 hrs to reach level 60 with minimal aid (a few +all skills jewelry, flat damage rings and gold-grade blacksmith runes granted by my level 64 Temple Guardian - since I'm new on EU lobby I have no niob support toons for the time being). Highest level Dryad I've ever built, didn't like her before too much. :D

My skills so far:

2 Tactics Lore (25)

3 Hunter Focus (36)

5 Magic Staffs (25)

8 Concentration (1)

12 Spell Resistance (35)

18 Armor Lore (32)

25 Nature Focus (31)

35 Enhanced Perception (5)

50 Bargaining (30), first mastery @75

The 10th skill will be Combat Discipline (most likely).

Thx to Furian for the Combat Art mod tips (post #45).

If you see me on-line in EU servers give a shout. I can try to help you will niob stuff if I can. all my toons are named loco's[D.a.r.k] :).

Starting a new one of these b/c I misclicked my mod.

How many runes of Darting Assault are you eating and when?

Because just a few RpH socketed will make a huge bonus to regen times. you can really go nuts with the Darting Assault runes. my level 40 has a regen on Darting Assault of 10s. I have 2.0s of RpH and as long as there are enemies in the Area of Effect I get to spam Darting Assault. Furian is running very high Combat Art levels and RpH is really working well.

Starting a new one of these b/c I misclicked my mod.

How many runes of Darting Assault are you eating and when?

What I had done was kept Darting Assault at only a few runes eaten initially. My plan was to get Sinister Predator and Ancient Bark up to 200 first. As I was eating the buff runes I would keep an eye on Darting Assault. As long as Darting Assault was below my RpH, which I think I have always kept near 5-6% then I would eat a couple. But if you think about it with RpH you could eat as many as you want really (with in reason) Since it only takes one mob to get hit for your RpH to activate you could eat away. But just makes sure that your chance to hit stays high.

Welcome. Really wish my Ravaged Impact silver mod was for the wounding instead of poison. Would have worked better against mini bosses I think. Also not sure If I should have taken Nature Lore.

I chose Perforate bronze mod but I don't think Envenom would be so big mistake after all. If it converts so high portion of dmg to poison you can convert almost all dmg to anything else with damage modifiers which increases the chance of secondary effects. Silver mod is much more important.

I'm not going to use TV or EL so I didn't pick Nature Lore, it's not a fundamental skill for this build. I hope Ravaged Impact will be enough to kill bosses.

If you see me on-line in EU servers give a shout. I can try to help you will niob stuff if I can. all my toons are named loco's[D.a.r.k] ?.

We are in different time-zones but thanks in advance. :) I'm playing as 'Afro-Dité II'.

Er... I'm a bit shy in the chatbox, I usually don't write other than 'hi', 'cu', etc. I don't feel my english knowledge adequate enough for "real-time" communiaction so don't be surprised if you ask something and I don't answer or I write some nonsense. :D

I've been bulding working on a Temple Guardian smiith so haven't been playing my Dryad as much lately but I did get her through the gold campaign and into platinum at level 83. I finally found the last piece of the Dyetha's and combined with a %LL shuriken the nameless guardians went down quickly with ravaged impact. I did have a close call with Nimonuil though as I didn't realize he reflected ranged and was using me shuriken on him too, next time I need to remember use my staff when attacking him. Are there any other bosses/mini bosses that also reflect ranged that I need to be aware of before?

Also the champ demons in the wastelands were scary, I didn't use darting assualt there as I didn't want to aggro several of them at once but even taking them on one at a time using Ravaged Impact with Golden Glade Touch, Dust Devil and Acute Mind active still saw my HP get down to less than 50% with the intial attack. I started to put some points into willpower to see if that helps for next time as I'm going to have to go through there in platinum too.

I currently have Tactics, Hunter Focus, Bargaining and Nature Focus at mastery, currently working on Nature Lore and not sure what to bring to mastery after that. Will there be any benefit to adding an unmodded Moribund Animus as a 3rd buff to this build? If so I can work on concentration. I've been keeping Darting Assault, Sinister Predator, Dust Devil, Ancient Bark, Golden Glade Touch and Acute Mind all around the penalty level and regen times aren't a problem at all, I could probably do a lot more but I haven't spent the time farming or converting other runes yet.

I just love this thread. Furian, are you grinding on this build? As we were talking about in the servers... I am curious as to how damage from reflecting turtles would be handled by this build. When I was playing the high damage dryad trader (waah!) I was saying out loud and over again, as almost a dark rosary... which turtle would kill me, which turtle would kill me (Dang you daemon!) reflective turtles from Platinum onwards are able to pretty much replicate the most dangerous thing in the game...us... I could see the reach of this build reaching out a few screens away, tapping a few turtles, saying hello and

WHAMMO

That would be them saying hello back. If such hellmares are indeed on their way... are their other parts of the Ancarian globe that you think she can raise good experience in, without the fear of the dreaded turtle Thwack?

:)

gogo

I just love this thread. Furian, are you grinding on this build? As we were talking about in the servers... I am curious as to how damage from reflecting turtles would be handled by this build. When I was playing the high damage dryad trader (waah!) I was saying out loud and over again, as almost a dark rosary... which turtle would kill me, which turtle would kill me (Dang you daemon!) reflective turtles from Platinum onwards are able to pretty much replicate the most dangerous thing in the game...us... I could see the reach of this build reaching out a few screens away, tapping a few turtles, saying hello and

WHAMMO

That would be them saying hello back. If such hellmares are indeed on their way... are their other parts of the Ancarian globe that you think she can raise good experience in, without the fear of the dreaded turtle Thwack?

:)

gogo

Before my level 52 bit the dust in the Crystal region I experimented with the idea Furian had. in an area with champ turtles, target anything but the champ. the Area of Effect damage never reflected on me unless I took a swing at the champ with my staff.

Loco your staff dryad died? Ouch.

@gogo I tested the reflect turtles using a very low damage staff so I wouldn't kill myself. And as loco said do not target the reflect turtles and I was good. Once I actually swing at the reflect turtle I usually took damage. Target anything but the reflect turtle an your good.

Also I think I'm going to park her at level 110. My ancient bark isn't modded the way I want. Gold mod should be invigorate for more hitpoint regen. My voodoo nature dryad has it modded for the hitpoint regen and it's almost at level and I rarely see my health move. Venom is at level 100 stands in the middle of mobs and walks away. I like this. So Ill be restarting again.

Edited by Furian67
Loco your staff dryad died? Ouch.

@gogo I tested the reflect turtles using a very low damage staff so I wouldn't kill myself. And as loco said do not target the reflect turtles and I was good. Once I actually swing at the reflect turtle I usually took damage. Target anything but the reflect turtle an your good.

Also I think I'm going to park her at level 110. My ancient bark isn't modded the way I want. Gold mod should be invigorate for more hitpoint regen. My voodoo nature dryad has it modded for the hitpoint regen and it's almost at level and I rarely see my health move. Venom is at level 107 stands in the middle of mobs and walks away. I like this. So Ill be restarting again.

Yeah last night, I was in the crystal region and mopping up nicely 1 hit was taking out all the monsters and crystals within range. I got to the section were the crystal boars start to appear, decided to do the cross section quest and on my second swing at a boar I saw all the Green XP, all the gold LL lines then my health dropped from full to dead in a blink. I thought it was the instant not really dead death bug, no big deal I thought, so I exited and when I went to log back in she was dead. just like that.

Is there anything with reflect up in there? Wish I could hunt there but just can't get past the fear of death.

Is there anything with reflect up in there? Wish I could hunt there but just can't get past the fear of death.

Spunky said the crystal boars reflect, but I never saw any damage numbers and usually they show at the same time as the xp numbers. and it should have just been from the one I whacked. I am only doing 1000 damage and had 2500 hp plus 500 per second regen so I don't know. that the first time I took a dryad up there. my BeeEffGee never had any trouble. and my HE lost a mount but it was back after the restart. I dunno :)

I'm not sure it's even reflect they have, all I know is that weapon based attacks near them usually ends in a false death.

If using spells nothing at all happen, have been fighting them for hours with my Pyro HE and never encountered anything to this bug.