Damage Mitigation (multichannel) vs Glacial Thorns

steinerrr

Recently I've had an argument with a fellow concerning the damage mitigation and the Glacial Thorns skill.

The basics is that I have an level 175 Seraphim with multichannel damage mitigation of 87%, physical and ice armor over 10000 each and 33000 hp.

He's the fan of the High Elf and claims that a high level Glacial Thorns spell (over 100lvl combat art) with ancient magic skill is so devastating in close combat, that it "ignores" damage mitigation for ice and will be capable of blowing all hp in one shot. I am not using Divine Protection.

Since I don't have an opportunity to test it directly, I would like to hear some comments from experienced players, playing on closed.net servers.

Thank you guys. :twitch:

Recently I've had an argument with a fellow concerning the damage mitigation and the Glacial Thorns skill.

The basics is that I have an level 175 Seraphim with multichannel damage mitigation of 87%, physical and ice armor over 10000 each and 33000 hp.

He's the fan of the High Elf and claims that a high level Glacial Thorns spell (over 100lvl combat art) with ancient magic skill is so devastating in close combat, that it "ignores" damage mitigation for ice and will be capable of blowing all hp in one shot. I am not using Divine Protection.

Since I don't have an opportunity to test it directly, I would like to hear some comments from experienced players, playing on closed.net servers.

Thank you guys. :twitch:

Since damage mitigation is applied before everything else, afaik his ancient magic mastery would make no difference. You would still mitigate 87% of his glacial thorns damage before your armour would be taken into account.

Edited by Dobster

I think the same way. The only thing that completely ignores damage mitigation is life leech, which as far as I know in Ice and Blood doesn't work with spells - only combat arts that involve your weapon.

Thank you guys for your prompt replies, I have already figured out that my viewpoint on the issue was correct.

Since some of you are seasoned veterans of online battles and probably know most of the tricks, could you please comment on my character's capabilities in online PvP engagements?

I've done this seraphim in open games and I thinks she's pretty tough and close to invulnerable, damage is good too. Frankly its boring playing on Niob, even the bosses can't inflict any significant damage and I don't waste much time slaying them.

I'm considering making a similar build for a game online closed.net, I hope you could make an outline of drawbacks and advantages.

She's shield+sword with celestial magic support and she's for addon 2.65

This is the link to download.

http://www.filefront.com/16090277/Sacred2_Miranda_Lvl175.zip

What about things like, reduce attribute by %, such as weaken and maelstrom from Dragon mage.

Lets say I have a DM with maelstrom that says -40% to all attribute. If I cast it, would the 87% damage mitigation now be 52.2%? and the 10000 armor now becomes 6000 armor?