Vitality v. Stamina v. Constitution

cloudblade70

So I became very inspired to make a Dryad after reading the Poison Ivy pure caster Dryad guide, and am going to make a few modifications for personal taste (I like playing a slightly more defensive character, to survive Plat/Niob better).

One thing I can't decide is which attributes to take, given than I am going to master Constitution and leave it at that. If I master Con, is there any need at all to put more points into Vitality, or can I safely pump all my points into Stamina to counteract high Moribund Animus levels? I haven't taken Con on another character before, so I have no idea how much health it provides. I'm not too worried about the HP regen since I have Golden Glade Touch.

Some numbers I read around the forum were that 200 Vit gives roughly 4,000 health, while the highest -regen% boost from Stamina is -30% with 401 points put into it.

Thanks for any help!

If you play console or AddOn you have regeneration per hit. So if you play a weapon based or a hybrid, high stamina wouldn't be needed.

If you play AddON:

Golden Glade: It heals for a fixed amount. So if you have more hitpoints, the % of life from your maximul life you get with a heal tick gets less. This is no problem for most attacks. But x% life leech is always based on your maximal life. So a 35% life leech from a demon champion in niob will need more time to be recovered, which increases the chance that more life leech attacks will hit while you are no at full health.

I don't say that more hitpoints are a mistake, I just want to show up a potential risc at a certain attack type.

To counter x% life leech attacks you can:

modify dust devil to block spells

take alchemy, so that a heal potion in niob heals for 100%, and you may have less heal delay because you are not spamming heal potions this much

socket spell reflect, spell block in a wapon slot and swap to it if you think you may run into life leech attacks

Remember that block and reflect are only chances and that Murphy is the most evil god in whole universe

If I remember correctly, the Poison Ivy build posted here wasn't really taken to a high level in HC. I was hoping someone was going to post a newer version with better testing of it...if yours turns out well, see if you can post the build for us? Vines are very good looking animation, and if we could have a good one that is viable in Niobium it would be pwner

:D

gogo

@chattius: That's very useful information, but the proposed build will be pure caster, so no melee or ranged hits at all O_o

@gogoblender: I'm playing on the PS3, so unfortunately no HC mode :D But...I am a very careful player, and was even able to take my glass cannon Pyro Elf all the way to Octagomalus in Plat before he 1-shotted me for my first death. Well I knew everything else could 1 shot me before that but I just avoided getting hit! So theoretically my modifications to Katran's build (mastering Shield Lore and Constitution in place of having Tactics Lore and Dual Wield) should allow for a bulkier, more resilient Dryad with increased defense to augment Ancient Bark, increased block chance, increased HP, and increased HP regen for when Golden Glade Touch is down. Does anyone have solid numbers for Constitution's HP/regen boosts? It's one of the few skills on the Wiki without hard stats.

I'm currently leaning toward going pure Stamina, to counter high bark and animus. Hopefully Constitution, Shield Lore, and +all skills should allow me to survive hits even in Niob. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course :P

Hmm, someone posted their Dryad stats at character level 115 from somewhere else:

max hp: 17,894 (9,551 base hp; 7,232 from Constitution Mastery; 1,111 from equipment)

hp regen 397.6/s

I like these numbers, I think it's safe to go pure Stam.

Gogo: I eventually retired my second build at around lvl150ish, I think with no deaths in niob :) Bear in mind though that build was on console, where I had access to both Viperish Disease, RPH, high level jewelry socketed to much lower armor, and deathblow with spells. Oh, and having access to 6 relic slots was nice too. And being able to eat ungodly high amounts of runes. I probably could take it higher, but I don't know if I could go back to it now. Despite being depraved of alchemy and blacksmith, it's just so stupid easy to attain godhood on console that I eventually got bored with it. Ever since I switched to PC though, my console version has been gathering dust. I may try rebuilding this one day on the add-on, but right now I'm having too much fun with the darting assault + magic staff combo.

Cloud:

Shield Lore + Constitution is a fine replacement for Tactics and DW. I chose dual wield simply because I wanted the socketables, and tactics lore let me mod forest flight and dust devil. What Combat Arts do you plan on relying on? I honestly don't remember having too much trouble with regen times sticking with the 1vit/1sta build, except for the mandatory cooldown of acute mind. Tangled vines and edaphic lances both have long-ish animations even with casting speed, so you have a bit of leeway with the time. And even if you aren't able to insta-cast back to back, animus more than often will kill whatever stragglers were left behind. Pure physicals, like orcs, also took additional reflect damage. I think if I had kept going, I probably would have switched to 2vit/1sta because I needed the HP. My goldenglade healed more HP than my max HP :(

Cloud:

Shield Lore + Constitution is a fine replacement for Tactics and DW. I chose dual wield simply because I wanted the socketables, and tactics lore let me mod forest flight and dust devil. What Combat Arts do you plan on relying on? I honestly don't remember having too much trouble with regen times sticking with the 1vit/1sta build, except for the mandatory cooldown of acute mind. Tangled vines and edaphic lances both have long-ish animations even with casting speed, so you have a bit of leeway with the time. And even if you aren't able to insta-cast back to back, animus more than often will kill whatever stragglers were left behind. Pure physicals, like orcs, also took additional reflect damage. I think if I had kept going, I probably would have switched to 2vit/1sta because I needed the HP. My goldenglade healed more HP than my max HP :(

Wow, a response from the illustrious guide writer himself! :) Thanks for stopping by!

So far, I'm only level 35, so I've been mostly relying on my hefty yellow scorpion Animus :) I did minimal desert Viperish Disease'ing, just enough to get my Animus to a high enough level to farm the Scorpion boss. So far, I've put every point into Stamina, but there's still room and time to change now! Do you think I would need to put some points into Vit, even with mastered Constitution + All Skills from gear? Maybe I should go 200/201 or something to be even bulkier...

Do you know if the Animus hireling level can exceed 200? So far, I've been trying to keep it at least twice my character level, but that'll be harder to maintain the higher I become. Mostly, I've been eating a lot of runes for Golden Glade Touch/Animus/Ancient Bark. My philosophy is to get all the hard points I want for Combat Arts from runes and then save gear slots mostly for +All Skills gear.

Wow, a response from the illustrious guide writer himself! :) Thanks for stopping by!

So far, I'm only level 35, so I've been mostly relying on my hefty yellow scorpion Animus :) I did minimal desert Viperish Disease'ing, just enough to get my Animus to a high enough level to farm the Scorpion boss. So far, I've put every point into Stamina, but there's still room and time to change now! Do you think I would need to put some points into Vit, even with mastered Constitution + All Skills from gear? Maybe I should go 200/201 or something to be even bulkier...

Do you know if the Animus hireling level can exceed 200? So far, I've been trying to keep it at least twice my character level, but that'll be harder to maintain the higher I become. Mostly, I've been eating a lot of runes for Golden Glade Touch/Animus/Ancient Bark. My philosophy is to get all the hard points I want for Combat Arts from runes and then save gear slots mostly for +All Skills gear.

I'd have to double check, but I believe it does exceed 200. At twice your character level, the scorpion will almost never die. I think at one point, I saw him standing in the middle of the maelstrom's tornado in Niob and didn't even flinch. I think in your case, you can put points into stamina instead, though more HP certainly never hurt. If you're going pure caster, you can mod acute mind to lower regen times (can't remember if it scales by Combat Art level or not). I think the roughest time for me was when I had Bark and Golden Glade Touch modded, but not acute mind yet, and I still hadn't invested runes into bark or Golden Glade Touch on account of building moribund first. I spent most of the time tangling and running in circles while animus killed everything. It comes down to balance. The longer you play with her, you'll get more of a feel for what you need. Once you reach around lvl100 and all your nature stuff is fully modded, you'll be a walking death machine :(

I can't wait until I become that walking death machine! I've already invested some runes in Golden Glade Touch/Ancient Bark, so I can at least tank well. But my own damage is pretty wimpy right now (with Lances/Vines).

On another note, I'm just curious as to how many levels per Viperish Disease run you'd get in the desert. Maybe I was just doing it wrong, but I'd usually only gain ~3 levels before the experience. stopped rolling in. Was I doing it wrong? Not spreading it in the right directions?

I can't wait until I become that walking death machine! I've already invested some runes in Golden Glade Touch/Ancient Bark, so I can at least tank well. But my own damage is pretty wimpy right now (with Lances/Vines).

On another note, I'm just curious as to how many levels per Viperish Disease run you'd get in the desert. Maybe I was just doing it wrong, but I'd usually only gain ~3 levels before the experience. stopped rolling in. Was I doing it wrong? Not spreading it in the right directions?

As many levels as I want? It all depends on the path you take and if you can keep the disease going. The more damage it does, the less leeway you have in running around, so I usually have it at around Combat Art levels 1-10 or so when I'm running it. The path I like to take is to start at the portal at Badawi since there are plenty of small scarabs there, make my way a bit west until I hit the ridge, then start curving southwards, go around the oasis then veer east, take that all the way east and follow the top of the plateau south of khorum to get the scorpions and beasts, then once I start hitting sand people, I loop northwards (east of Khorum) and start making my way up, then eventually westwards back to Badawi. Repeat ad nauseum. The important thing to do is to cast it often when you first start your run to spread it to as many groups as possible. You can ease up once you start seeing all the pretty green lights in the distance indicating the disease has spread far beyond your control. And keep moving. And don't enter any towns... that causes it to stop. Many times I've accidentally disabled it by walking into Badawi by accident.

Oh, and I also have an experience suit equipped. I think I have it up to 250ish% experience. Most of that was due to Enhanced Perception modifiers, and I was lucky to get a 2* shrunken dragon head that has an Enhanced Perception experience modifier and deathblow :P

Edited by Purple Lizard