Posssible to edit a file , to enter Niobium before level 140?

I was wondering if there was any way I could edit a file so I could enter niob before level 140 or without doing the campaign I am runnig Sacred 2 Ice and Blood 2.65.1

I think you would have to edit your saved game to be able to do this.

Regards :)

If you're playing single player, you might be able to change this line in scripts\server\balance.txt:

LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,60,100,140},

I haven't tried this, so I can't say if it will work though.

If you're playing single player, you might be able to change this line in scripts\server\balance.txt:

I have and it works beautifully. set the variable to LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,1,1,1}. There is also another 2 lines above LevelCapDiff = {60,100,140,180,200} that is for the max level so you can set it to {200,200,200,200,200} and enter bronze with your level 200 character and farm sets for your level 20s

I find this file in the program files (x86)/Deep Silver/Sacred 2-Fallen Angel/scripts/server folder. and you can edit it with notepad. I recommend you make a copy of the balance.txt and save so you can restore all setting back to factory just in case you make a change you don't like.

I have and it works beautifully. set the variable to LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,1,1,1}. There is also another 2 lines above LevelCapDiff = {60,100,140,180,200} that is for the max level so you can set it to {200,200,200,200,200} and enter bronze with your level 200 character and farm sets for your level 20s

I find this file in the program files (x86)/Deep Silver/Sacred 2-Fallen Angel/scripts/server folder. and you can edit it with notepad. I recommend you make a copy of the balance.txt and save so you can restore all setting back to factory just in case you make a change you don't like.

Thank you so much, that will work perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...

I 'discovered' how to do this accidentally by getting my L1 Dryad splatted on the beach after shopping some L1 gear in Niobium. Here is what I did: Make the change in the balance.txt that lets you create multiplayer games at any level ( LevelMinForDiff = {1,1,1,1,1}). I did this and created a Single Player Dryad in Bronze. Killed the guys on the beach and left the game. Started a multiplayer in Niobium and gathered the safe drops in Sloeford to finance good gear. Bought the gear and left the game.

Here is the trick. When you start a Single player game the difficulty is left at the last setting. The pulldown is blank, if you trigger it it will only show the Bronze or Silver. If you leave it alone and start the Single Player it will be at the last level. Which is why I was spitting out teeth on the beach with my shiny new blinged out Dryad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you for this information.

The only problem with this is that you are still a level one character, you do as much damage as a thrown dandelion, and you die if a rat sneezes on you. I might help if you are pretty high level and just want to skip main quests, but it really is only useful for high level shopping with a low level character

Thank you for this information.

The only problem with this is that you are still a level one character, you do as much damage as a thrown dandelion, and you die if a rat sneezes on you. I might help if you are pretty high level and just want to skip main quests, but it really is only useful for high level shopping with a low level character

This is meant only for shopping or smithing in Niob! Do Not try to grind or quest. minimum level for monsters is gonna be at least 103.

• 2 weeks later...