Moving To PC for Sacred 2

Almost 7gb done. Stupid quotas forcing me to download it only at night :P

Do you guys have to suffer through metered downloads? A mate of mine in the states just got Verizon FiOS and was telling me about his 15 Mbit/s connection. We figured he could download the game in a few hours. I almost cried.

Why does Australia have to be so far away!

Do you guys have to suffer through metered downloads? A mate of mine in the states just got Verizon FiOS and was telling me about his 15 Mbit/s connection. We figured he could download the game in a few hours. I almost cried.

Good luck, hope it works this time!

Bell used to try and meter our usage here in Montreal. beh... we got rid of them pretty fast...but they're so full of administration..it took an interminable period of time for me to be able to find even ONE person who understand how to cut us away... we finally ended up with Canada's newest internet darling...

Tek Savvy

200 gigs a month for 29.99. We use that one account for all our computers ...5 megs is perfect for our needs and the money we save lets us spring for steaks every month.

Almost

:)

gogo

Bell used to try and meter our usage here in Montreal. beh... we got rid of them pretty fast...but they're so full of administration..it took an interminable period of time for me to be able to find even ONE person who understand how to cut us away... we finally ended up with Canada's newest internet darling...

Tek Savvy

200 gigs a month for 29.99. We use that one account for all our computers ...5 megs is perfect for our needs and the money we save lets us spring for steaks every month.

Almost

:)

gogo

:P

We pay $60/month for 80gb (split 30gb on peak, 50gb off peak) and it's only 1500/512. Urgh.

Hooray, got it all installed and working!

Was having some initial issues with getting it running, but after updating to 2.65.1 I was able to get on and start my first HC dryad toon (named dft.demonica).

As more proof of the excellent community Sacred inspires, I was able to grab some gold and runes from a friendly user and gear her up. I'm very grateful for the Ancient Bark rune already :)

The lag is not too bad (even with 3 others on the server), I find that the character has a tendency to keep running for a few steps after I've stopped. Nothing major, although it makes clicking on things (chests and doors mostly) a little annoying.

Looking forward to catching up with you guys.

Ah gratz dreeft! That great news indeed. :) If it makes you feel a wee bit better I can tell you that that tendency happens to me sometimes as well. Not to diminish your point of course but rather to share in the nuisance of it, haha.

Cheers!

Ah gratz dreeft! That great news indeed. :) If it makes you feel a wee bit better I can tell you that that tendency happens to me sometimes as well. Not to diminish your point of course but rather to share in the nuisance of it, haha.

Cheers!

haha, it does make me feel better. I'm glad it's not just me :)
Damn :cry: I just lost my Dryad to lag! Only 17, but still.. guess I'll be starting over :S

Ouch! You are braver than I, I haven't sacked up and made a HC toon yet.

Yeah...they lag may not seem too bad at first, but when your out there killing a bunch of stuff it can get annoying. If theres anything you need and you see me around, just ask, gold, weapons, sets, whatever.

Ouch! You are braver than I, I haven't sacked up and made a HC toon yet.
Go on, do it.. I dare you! :)

To quote Samuel L. Jackson, "Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted."

Yeah...they lag may not seem too bad at first, but when your out there killing a bunch of stuff it can get annoying. If theres anything you need and you see me around, just ask, gold, weapons, sets, whatever.
Yeh, I was having no problems until I got swamped by Harpies and Skeletons. I think it was the magic effects that caused the lag and I ended up standing their unable to move/heal/teleport. Oh well, I got her back up to 10 in a couple of hours, so no real loss. It reminded me not to store items in her personal stash, starting the new toon was a bit of a pain without any runes/gear to get me going.

Much thanks for the offer, I will hit you up if I see you :)