The Sacred 2 Light Saber Secrets thread

Only recently leveled my shopper to 15, and I think you're right about orange/red being more common at lower levels, think I've found about 5, and all have been red or orange (though one of the red ones looked slightly more pink/purple toward the core, not sure though). Could it also be affected by class (my shopper's an Inquisitor, not sure if other classes might have a better chance at different colors)?

It's definitely not a class effect as my own temple gaurdian hit 15 moments ago and found two orange lightsabers(and one red I JUST found). My friend who is playing with me right now has a seraphim who found two reds, and an orange lightsaber, so far these two colors appear to be the only ones we can find. It's possible the console only has orange/yellow and red/pink lightsabers.

Only recently leveled my shopper to 15, and I think you're right about orange/red being more common at lower levels, think I've found about 5, and all have been red or orange (though one of the red ones looked slightly more pink/purple toward the core, not sure though). Could it also be affected by class (my shopper's an Inquisitor, not sure if other classes might have a better chance at different colors)?

It's definitely not a class effect as my own temple gaurdian hit 15 moments ago and found two orange lightsabers(and one red I JUST found). My friend who is playing with me right now has a seraphim who found two reds, and an orange lightsaber, so far these two colors appear to be the only ones we can find. It's possible the console only has orange/yellow and red/pink lightsabers.

Lucky lucky. I joined a niob game and pciked up 12 +3 bargaining relics at level 2 (I have 2 bargainers) and lost connection before I could save. So far haven't found any lightsabers. Working on getting a SE to 10 and getting the bargaining up, but my level 2 HE with 12 or 13 bargaining isn't having any luck.

Lucky lucky. I joined a niob game and pciked up 12 +3 bargaining relics at level 2 (I have 2 bargainers) and lost connection before I could save. So far haven't found any lightsabers. Working on getting a SE to 10 and getting the bargaining up, but my level 2 HE with 12 or 13 bargaining isn't having any luck.

Assuming you're on the ps3 I would be happy to share one or two level 15 lightsabers with you, or anyone else that asks. Sometimes just having one seems to help find them, and truly the key is persistence. It may take a while but keep at it and you will definitely find a lightsaber :)

A bit off topic but in reply to an earlier post about the Blind Guardian instruments. There is a way to get a really good rift going and the sound is awesome. Most CA are single hits or like sweep only hit once the mobs in front of you. To get a great sound out of this you need a high 100% or better Chance to Hit and using a normal melée attack or a CA like the SW's frenzy that lasts for 5 seconds of animation time. With solid sure hits the series of notes that string together is awesome and the only discord is when you miss like playing guitar hero. A high chance of critical hits also helps the making of the music.

zomgod! lol, that is such an amazing post, Furian someone please... please make a fresh post and guide to this...and maybe a video ?

Encore, encore...show us the music!

:)

gogo

A bit off topic but in reply to an earlier post about the Blind Guardian instruments. There is a way to get a really good rift going and the sound is awesome. Most CA are single hits or like sweep only hit once the mobs in front of you. To get a great sound out of this you need a high 100% or better Chance to Hit and using a normal melée attack or a CA like the SW's frenzy that lasts for 5 seconds of animation time. With solid sure hits the series of notes that string together is awesome and the only discord is when you miss like playing guitar hero. A high chance of critical hits also helps the making of the music.

zomgod! lol, that is such an amazing post, Furian someone please... please make a fresh post and guide to this...and maybe a video ?

Encore, encore...show us the music!

gogo

Was thinking this same thing. Unfortunately it can't be done in HC

No worries. It's still an awesome adventure to be documented... movies rock

gogo

I'll take on this mission. What would be a good video/sound recorder and the ingame settings for such an adventure? If no clue I'll just figure that part out too.

Well since I've been farming lightsabers for sometime now I figured I might as well add in some observations on the ps3 version at least.

Lightsabers have no picture OR you may see just the tip of the handle, in the consoles it seems that the pictures of alot of weapons have their axis of rotation waaaaaay off, some times you may not see a weapon for but a split second.

also as mentioned they make a buzzing noise when bought, if you turn off music and turn up your sound you may hear it pretty easily, and yes, it's cool every time :D=)

Of the 30 some I've come across they were all 2 stars, sword type, and have random sockets/modifiers, some even come with +all skills or +bargaining!

Damage on most lightsabers appears rather mediocre, however, in truth the damage is usually much greater than the listed value, even without tactics lore or a high strength value, further testing by others may be needed to squelch or verify this myth though.

In order of how common they are, orange, red, green, blue/purple. Not sure about the blue/purple being more common, they seem very rare even for a lightsaber spawn.

While possible to farm from monsters the odds are better either in one of two places, west of sloeford in the mountains is a shop with two caves nearby, the load time is practically nil and it's a very very short run between, so there's one, the other place which is more common is east Thylysium.

Well thats pretty much all I've got to say about sabers on the ps3, if anyone would like to know where the specific location is of the two caves one shop, I'll be happy to show you on a fresh level 1 character or perhaps take a picture of the map locale. :P

Cool post! Lightsaber farming areas... kinda goes against the "totally random" drop system... although I noticed a lot of trends in the drops to say it's not totally random per se.

I haven't seen green, or blue/purple either. Lotsa orange and red ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey peeps for some reason this game has been callin me back to it after I got platinum in it 9 months I got back into it. Currently have 67 light and 89 dark if anyone wants to play. So yea to the topic where the hell or how the hell to get a light saber. seen a few people with em but of course no mics. hell give me one if you got one haha id offer a trade but everyones chest should be filled with 3 star weapons and equip sets by now. if not got plenty of stuff up to level 150. later.

Oh yea psn is Urmadr

Make a bargaining character, w/bargaining 2 to 4 times greater than your character level, they'll sometimes spawn in merchant inventories. Mic hasn't worked w/ Sacred 2 so far but I'll add you, can give you some low level sabers.

cool that would be awesome, I made the HE bargaining and still nada all points dumped into bargaining but I keep tryin. haha what a rare find geez. makes me wonder what are the chances of my 78 shopper finding one when I do finally get her bargaining caught up in about 3 more levels

Hmm never gotten one of these in all of my hours of play on PS3 (2 Niob chars played from scratch), I never tried to do any hardcore shopping though at early levels with high bargaining level... grrr I don't want to start another char

• 1 month later...

Today I shopped 15 lightsabers in 1 hour. Yes, you heard right: 15 in 1 hour :) My level 11 inquisitor has 35 bargaining, but I also have a feeling he was one of those "lucky chars on creation". Here's some pics of me and Munera fighting with the newly shopped sabers :D

big00061.jpg

big00091.jpg

big00101.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've read about these but where do you get them?

Hi

Did a search for light sabers and found this nice merged thread for these popular weapons.

Topic merged

:cry:

gogo

They spawn at any level (I have dual level 11's, my lowest), but they do require a high level of bargaining to obtain.

Well that explains it then my HE is a pretty low level shopper, guess I'm gonna have to wait a while yet.

Hi!

Just wanted to add my tuppence to this for the 360 users :) Similar to ryanrocker I managed to shop quite a few of these between level 17-25 with my VD Dryad. Bargaining hard pointed to level and with as much +skills stuff on I could find(as stated 3-4 times your level).

The shops seem to have dried up now though because she's level 30 with bargaining hardpointed to level, with addons she has level 78 bargaining. Wont be levelling her up but will be trying to get her bargaining higher tho so I'll let ya's know what happens :)

Something that works on 360 YaY! :):woot:

Haha, :4rofl:

FaLLa