Personally, I didn't hate the movie. I was able to sit through the theater and more or less left without banging my head against the wall. On the other hand, I definitely found it overrated. The story was nothing mind blowing. The characters, can't say they're all that enthralling despite my friend's insistence. The 3D actually made me cross eyed. I found myself laughing while recollecting the scenes, including the so-called 'romance'. Of course, guilty confession, Sigourney Weaver's avatar looked hot. >>; It's passable for me to watch, but between buying and renting, I'd rather rent. And if I had a third choice, I wouldn't bother renting at all.

I'm still surprised the movie raked in so much money. I did not think it would topple The Dark Knight in the box office... now there's a movie that deserved much praise.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp.. I kinda gotta go with Gogo on this. Avatar blew serious chunks. Yes, it had GREAT special effects. The 3D effects likely were top of the line wow kinda stuff. But without the 3D, it was weak in pretty much every department. Especially the plot. There wasn't really all that much new or innovative about it. The message was hardcore left wing p0rn. The evil corporations are out to screw some indiginous species in much the way the European settlers raped and ravaged the native Americans and North and South America. OK.. European settlers were evil. I get it. Now move on and give us a story we don't have to be ashamed of.

Eh.. I'll go along with you as well.. The plot was slow to progress.

Then again, Cameron has done good flicks and he's done stuff that wasn't. Titanic - the epic chick flick - was fairly weak. How exactly can it be anything remarkable when you KNOW the ship sinks and there was a massive loss of life. I found the History Channel version much more interesting and informative. Then again, the History Channel's stuff often blows movie versions away. Their story of the 300 Spartans who took on the Persian army was EPIC. Much better than the movie 300.