Installation Problem

I bought Sacred 2 Gold Edition and installed it on my pc last week. When I try to run Sacred 2 Ice & blood I get the following error: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

We did uninstall and reinstall the game no luck. Went as far as format my pc still no luck and still the same error. I have Windows XP 2003, service pack 3. My husband has Vista and it's running fine on his pc. PLEASE HELP

It sounds like you have miscellaneous files left over from a previous install that might be corrupting your new install. By default, uninstalling doesn't remove all of the files. Try uninstalling, cleaning out the folders and reinstalling.

What version are you running? It seems a long shot, but there are Ice and Blood updates available that might fix the issue. You can get them here: http://update.sacred2.com/

Id say make sure you have all your drivers up to date, DirectX, GPU drivers and sound.

Also, are you using the same disc your husband used? if not try his with your key. Maybe the disc is corrupt or possibly your disc drive.

Don't panic though I'm just spit balling over here.

Also, are you using the default directory? It hasnt mattered for me but you could try install on an alternate harddrive and see how you go.

That's a very strange issue then. If the game installs, there's theoretically no reason why the disk/drive would be at fault.

This thread seems to have some useful information: http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6327

Judging by the number of software development sites that are referencing this issue, I would almost go so far as to say there is something wrong with your copy of windows. It is likely a problem with Visual C++ or .Net runtime libraries. I would suggest trying to update both of these and see if it helps.

Just because it wasn't mentioned yet make sure that your new windows installed has all updates. All hardware have current drivers. And most important. For the install only. Disabled all security. Firewalls antivirus user account control etc

I installed from download so I am not aware of the disc install procedure. But before installing Ice and Blood make sure that you are at 2.40 before installing Ice and Blood.

It installs Sacred aswell as Ice and Blood automaticly and a vanilla install in version 2.65.1.

The first install I did myself worked perfectly, but I messed up windows while tinkering so I reinstalled (Clean format) and it didnt work after that. I just reinstalled 7.

dual booting, 7 was perfect for everything else bar this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

has anyone any new ideas / workarounds for this problem "side by side configuration etc"? My version is also the gold edition which has no defined separation between fallen angel and Ice and Blood. just two disks which are swopped halfway through installation. at this point I am doing revo uninstaller on advanced - which I picked up from someone on a forum regarding this exact issue.

xp home sp3, nvidia geforce 9600 gt, 2 gig DDR2 ram, 2.2 dual core

need to slay something!

Hi all

has anyone any new ideas / workarounds for this problem "side by side configuration etc"? My version is also the gold edition which has no defined separation between fallen angel and Ice and Blood. just two disks which are swopped halfway through installation. at this point I am doing revo uninstaller on advanced - which I picked up from someone on a forum regarding this exact issue.

xp home sp3, nvidia geforce 9600 gt, 2 gig DDR2 ram, 2.2 dual core

need to slay something!

I have done multiple installs of Sacred2 Ice and Blood on every OS except MAC. on 4 different PCs with XP 32, XP64, vista 32, and Win 7 64 and never had the issues you having. I always disable user account control, windows firewall, and antivirus before the install. And I installed into a separate drive from my OS. which some have said caused them a problems. don't know how to help you guys with this one.

thanks loco

the only thing I haven't tried is the user account disable. I contacted kochmedia direct and they sent a mail suggesting the following, let me know what you think:

Clean Boot Your Computer

Use a clean boot to restart your computer, and then see whether the problem persists. A clean boot is a way to create a clean environment on your computer. When you start your computer with a clean boot, the Microsoft Windows operating system loads only basic devices and services.

To restart your computer with a clean boot, follow these steps for Windows XP.

Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. Type msconfig in the Open box, and then click OK.

3. Click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup.

4. Click to clear the following check boxes under Selective Startup:

* Process SYSTEM.INI file

* Process WIN.INI file

* Load Startup Items

5. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

6. Click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer.

Note To restore the computer to use a normal startup, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services on the General tab in the System Configuration Utility, click OK, and then click Restart to restart the computer.

They also have a diagnostics tool that you can download and try which I will pursue after these two paths. Here's hoping!

Hi

purely for closure...

problem was resolved by upgrading my OS to windows 7. worked first time without anything additional.

there goes my thesis hand-in deadline yet again...