Tips on how to get off the right foot in Sacred 2

Can we get this thread stickied? Might help alot of newer players :)

lol, there's already a ton of guides stickied, and the more guides you sticky the more peeps ignore them. Since it's already in guides section, its very easy to find.

Peeps posting to it, keep it on top of the list.

:o

gogo

• 1 month later...

Recently picked this game back up with intentions of playing with better understanding. I do have a random question I can't seem to find an answer for, figured I'd ask here incase other new players have the same one. (I played on the 360 if that makes any difference)

Runes, use them all or only 1? I have a seraphim lv52, I've memorized 1 rune for all Combat Arts except Battle Stance, which I've converted all runes I've received too and memorized over 110 already.

I read somewhere (when I first started Sacred 2) that you didn't want to keep using runes for some Combat Arts because it would cause recast timers to get out of control, so I figured it would have no negative effects on piling them all into my main buff. Is this logic correct? Or have I ruined my character (like when I put shield lore on a Dryad accidentally...:cry:)?

EDIT: Thought I'd add, runes are the one thing I think I understand the least in Sacred 2. I see people commenting on putting only 10 in a buff, 1 in a CA.. I have Battle Stance runes equiped to both my swords.. and after leveling a few other jobs to 15 and just playing with friends online, I had well over 200 runes in my storage chest. So I converted them all (2 runes >> 1 Battle Stance) and used them all. I just hate to see them wasting space, but now I'm starting to wonder if that's smart or not.

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by Rawkhawk

Well, In S2FA, which you should have, 1 rune + all combat arts/aspect is all the character needs. You get a plentiful bonus, so you should be just fine. This helps to offset the big buff penalty you're going to get by pumping up the battle stance buff.

Besides, once you hit Exalted mastery (75 hard points), the penalty will be greatly reduced and your combat arts will balance themselves. Until then, keep a moderate amount of +all ca/aspect, keep a big amount of + all skills, keep the combat arts at 1 rune read, and you'll be just fine.

Edited by Dobri
Well, In S2FA, which you should have, 1 rune + all combat arts/aspect is all the character needs. You get a plentiful bonus, so you should be just fine. This helps to offset the big buff penalty you're going to get by pumping up the battle stance buff.

Besides, once you hit Exalted mastery (75 hard points), the penalty will be greatly reduced and your combat arts will balance themselves. Until then, keep a moderate amount of +all ca/aspect, keep a big amount of + all skills, keep the combat arts at 1 rune read, and you'll be just fine.

Yea, I'm planning a second character, not sure which it will be, but planning on one rune per CA. Thanks for the help.

Many people gather "buff suits" for their buffs. They gather all of the +Battle Stance gear they can and equip that before casting the buff. After they cast the buff, they change back to their regular armor and weapons. This allows you to get around the regeneration issue that can be created with eating a ton of the buff runes.

• 2 months later...

im currently having this problem ! There are so many nice builds here with ice and blood version that I wana try but they all need niob shopper and niob smither to support them. Since I only play offline, I get no help.

now im lost, I dont know what to do with the shopper chars and smither =.='

Any recommendations for me guys?

Alternative to level 2 shopper (ing)

I practice what I preach by the way. For awhile I did something called boosting (which I won't go into). But now I enjoy leveling from 2 and I don't use a level 2 shopper. You do need a high level smith or else it won't be faster than any other method. It works because at low levels the shops still sell items with 1 socket and its faster than shopping with a bargainer for a totally different class. You might want to make and delete a level 2 bargainer to get a weapon with 2 holes that is useable by every class 1 hand sword and a shield with 2 holes for those who use them.

Advantages:

1 Saves a character slot

2 Saves time because it takes time to shop gear for a different class (with sockets).

I find that at level 2 all I need is a weapon with 2 sockets which I save from character to character. Socket whets and kill the enemy kobolds/boars before they kill you. Kiting and potioning. Buy potions with gold from sloeford quests. You need a platinum character and I would go with the veiled shadow warrior (I have a possible build in shadow warrior guides Mr. I unlock platinum smithing). Then you earn enough gold and all you do is shop crappy white/blue items but look for 1 socket in them. 2 if your lucky. Then put more whets and some anneals (so you don't die). It doesn't matter what the mods are on the clothes. At this point the platinum smithing arts will far outweigh any considerations of mods. You can also get the starting gold by selling the veiled SWs items he finds.

Then level to 15 doing the kobolds from Tyr Leisa portal in the west of the high elf map. You can find it by going along the beach and then finding a little camp with a shop and quests and then following one of the paths north. Or go the opposite way from the kobold chief.

Then you need better clothes. Do quests and sets will drop. This is low risk. If you are skilled enough at this point farm the kobold chief over and over. Do the muggers and the the bandits (go up the tower outside sloeford) quest on the way to the chief which gives 3 quest turn ins and a boss. Indeed the best way to get clothes is to farm sets from bosses (especially) and quests (the low risk lower return option). Shopping is more efficient for jewelry rather than clothes because any class can wear jewelry or socket it. You cannot get a set until level 15 (well sometimes at 13,14).

Edited by claudius

I agree with claudius. My seraphim was just cruising through campains and got to niobium on her own effort. She found a silver Holy Protection, put some smith arts on it and got a 200% armor and 200% defence. Did the same with the whole set and lasted me to niobium. Until I found that armor though, I just looked for any piece of armor with sockets. I don't see the usefulness of a lv 2 shopper. The gear bought is going to last you how long? 1-2 hours? Also, lv2 shopper buys armor for it's own kind. Other kinds are not as often seen.

Sidenote> Why do all assume that any one plays Ice and Blood? I'm still on 2.43 classic Sacred 2.

I don't see the usefulness of a lv 2 shopper. The gear bought is going to last you how long? 1-2 hours?

Sidenote> Why do all assume that any one plays Ice and Blood? I'm still on 2.43 classic Sacred 2.

Well firstly, welcome to DarkMatters, the Sacred 2 corner of the netiverse :D

And...

Level 2 shopping gear bought with a High Elf maxed bargainer shopper lasts about 15 - 20 levels. It's all yellows at that point, and the huge number of extra mods per piece is jaw dropping. Think of it like all of a sudden being allowed to wear another ten pieces of armor...that's the effect of having all that same number of gear with a very VERY large number of EXTRA mods per piece per level.

Doesn't take very long to make one,however what happens it buys mostly this is how friends who have good shoppers in the old days used to buy for others to help peeps out in the community for the kamikaze...I think it's like ten percent or something like that? More than enough to get outfi

Schot, who came up with the strategy when the game first out a few years ago always

• First spends about an hour looking for any piece that shows up for you toon with sockets.
  • Once you have built a set with max sockets then look for jewelry.

You don't need a level 2 Niobium shopper to do this, the benefits are enormous at very little cost in time to any player who starts this game.

Cheers!

:P

gogo

p.s. lol the assumption for game version being played will go either one way or another, right? ^^

No way to win here, but, as a matter of numbers, most peeps who have PC do get Ice and Blood...fixes a lot of bugs, nicer equipment, game balancing,beautiful next experience quests, etc. If you have EU version the upgrade to Ice and Blood is cheap. If you have an American copy of game, you can download Sacred 2 Gold for 24.99

• 3 months later...

I have a question about shoppers. Is it really necessary? So you have to waste all your character slots on 10 different shoppers? Can you get by without having a shopper at all? Like can you still find awesome items? I think I would rather use enhanced perception over 5-10 shopper characters....

Shoppers are definitely not necessary to play the game and get to level 200. They can make that progress quicker but you can easily do without, especially if you take Enhanced Perception. I very rarely use Bargaining at all on my toons. And most of mine are Shadows Warriors anyways so I can't take Bargaining :)

I'll only use Bargaining if I'm making a 'specialized' build or need to do some testing (or wiki work)

If you have an American copy of game, you can download Sacred 2 Gold for 24.99

Gogo - Just a little disclaimer here...

That's 24.99 British Pounds... Gotta remember to figure in the exchange rate - which at last check makes it roughly $40.00 USD.

Not that it matters all that much given the person you were replying to isn't flying the US flag... If he's in Europe, it'll be close to about 29 Euros

• 3 months later...

great topic, but may I add something? when level 2 shopping, you should be on the lookout not only for items with good bonuses (you're gonna get plenty of those with just a bit of patience) but mainly for stuff with silver/gold sockets (again, you're gonna get plenty of those), so that you can socket niob smith arts... it will be a HUGE help for your starting toons. :thumpsup:

other than that, great job, much appreciated. :)

I agree that's even better, but I wrote this guide with the clear vision that a player is just starting the game :P

• 1 year later...

I have the ps3 version

and

ell I jus took my sacred 2 outta moth balls and was reading this and I am wondering does it matter thats its not a lv2 just because u start getting better bargini relics and such at a higher lv.

With Bargaining, what matters most is the ratio of your characterlevel compared to your Bargaining level. On consoles, you can have Bargaining at level 8 with just relics, which makes (almost) every item in the store a rare / 2-star item.

And, you can't wear the higher-level gear you would buy with a new toon ;)

pretty much this gives u a boost when starting out on the harder dificulties

right now I have a lv10 high elf with 30 bargining

lv 2 seriphim high elf with 9 bargining

obviously the lv10 is getting better equipment but the rings and pendants are pretty much comparable cant seem to get over the 9 hump though guess I just gotta get lucky but great read in this thread cant wait to get my main character with bargining first time so I messed up didnt know till it was too late to restart a new guy