Damage Mitigation - Looking to understand better

I have been reading up some things from wiki and "how to become a demigod" by Dobri, but I do not understand it all...

Like the runes from the seraphim, (EW) have: Damage Mitigation: Physical +2.5%

This means all Physical damage will be less by 2.5%?

But not for bleeding?

The temple guardian has that in it's runes (Shadow Warrior aspect)

Detrimental Magic Effects -6.9%

But that to all secondary effects? burning bleeding etc cut by 6.9%

the dryad runes (NW aspect) has a total % chances of taking the damage or not,

same as the "stalwart safeguard" shield.

It reduces the chance of taking it all or nothing. but does nothing to direct damage...?

So, what should I look out for? Can you still bleed it you did not take direct damage?

1) Like the runes from the seraphim, (EW) have: Damage Mitigation: Physical +2.5%

This means all Physical damage will be less by 2.5%?

But not for bleeding?

Any physical damage that is inflicted to you will be reduced by 2.5%. No exceptions :)

2) The temple guardian has that in it's runes (Shadow Warrior aspect)

Detrimental Magic Effects -6.9%

But that to all secondary effects? burning bleeding etc cut by 6.9%

yes, any effect's... umm.... effect will be reduced by the said value. I'm uncertain how this stacks, but I can assume that it's not additive, or you will reach 100% by only a few modifiers.

3) the dryad runes (NW aspect) has a total % chances of taking the damage or not,

same as the "stalwart safeguard" shield.

It reduces the chance of taking it all or nothing. but does nothing to direct damage...?

direct damage is paramount, really. If you have 100% resistances, you still take damage from it. It overrules them, pretty much like life leech.

4) So, what should I look out for? Can you still bleed it you did not take direct damage?

I can't answer that though :) for all I know, direct damage is very much like life leech - you take it no matter what :) Evenif you have 100% damage mitigation, you still take it. However, to confirm that, I need a PvP with a person with 100% Damage mitigation and a char wielding at least 1 direct damage weapon.

as for what to look, damage mtigation is my favorite. The more you have, the less damage you take. It's a big, big deal... and this is why I love seraphims that much. They have the best damage mitigation ever.

Edited by Dobri

Thanks! this helps alot.

I first thouth the seraphime rune actualy enhanced my damage out put... in some way.

I realy mis a good in-game-disrciption in this game. (like +selling% modifier is doing nothing for extual selling... exept for that one item... verry frustrating)

Might be just my understanding of English thou.