How to change item properties

I started having a bit of a fiddle around with the blueprint.txt (scripts/server) in an attempt to make changes to the item properties. I found that it was relatively easy to change the properties of items, to do something like this:

uber_saber.jpg

So for those who would also like to do this, here goes the how to:

There are probably other methods for doing this, so if you know of a faster or better way to do this please let me know :)

The first thing you will need to do is find the item that you wish to change. It works better for unique or set items as they are easier to find. To do this you will need Granny viewer to find the model of the item, located in graphics05.zip, once you have found the model for the item take note of the name. In the case of the officer's saber used above the name is l_saebel-c1. Next search for this name in the itemtype.txt file (scripts/shared) the name of the model is found in 3 instances that look like this:

newItemType = {
-- standard info
renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_WEAPON",
renderprio   = 0,
family	   = "FAMILY_WEAPON",
subfamily	= "SUBFAM_PRI_SABER",
classification = "CLF_SABER",
flags		= "FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE",
weargroup	= "WEARGROUP_INVALID",
-- 3d model + animation info
model0Data = {
  name		 = "models/weapons/1h/l_saebel-c1.GR2",
  surface0	 = { mgr.surfGetID ("saebel-c1-1_l"), mgr.surfGetID ("saebel-c1-2_l") },
  user		 = "WEARGROUP_DEFAULT",
},
-- logic bounding box
 logicBox = {
minx=-3.732, miny=-18.115, minz=-1.498, 
maxx=3.518, maxy=23.794, maxz=1.498, 
},
dangerclass   = 0,
}
mgr.typeCreate(8799, newItemType);

We are only interested in the number in the last line. The 3 instance have the numbers 8185, 8799 and 8800. Now we need to search for these numbers in the blueprint.txt file. Searching for the first one (8185) will yield a number of instances containing this number, now you need to find the right one that corresponds to the officer's saber. The lines

name =

and

uniquename =

will help to find the correct instance and in the case of the officer's saber the lines read

name = "unique_saber_1h_offizier",
uniquename = "unique",

Of course other items might not be as easy to find, then the best solution would be trail and error.

Once the instance for the officer's saber is found the you will need to change the lines that read:

bonusgroup0 = ,

Where each line represents a property of the item. So changing the instance to:

newBlueprint = {
 id = 2624,
 name = "unique_saber_1h_offizier",
 palettebits = "1111111111111111",
 dmgvariation = 110,
 minconstraints = {20,13,0},
 lvljump = 15,
 usability = 0,
 allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},
 uniquename = "unique",
 specialuseonly = 0,
 bonusgroup0 = {859,1000,1,9,0},
 bonusgroup1 = {859,1000,1,9,0},  --edited
 bonusgroup2 = {859,1000,1,9,0},
 bonusgroup3 = {859,1000,1,9,0},
 bonusgroup4 = {859,1000,1,9,0},
 bonusgroup5 = {859,1000,1,9,0},
 bonusgroup6 = {876,9999,1,2,0}, 
 bonusgroup7 = {877,9999,1,9,0}, 
 bonusgroup8 = {879,9999,1,9,0}, 
 bonusgroup9 = {886,99999,1,9,0},
 itemtypes = {8185,},
 wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT',},
}
mgr.createBlueprint(2624, newBlueprint);

will give the saber shown above. The main thing to remember is that the numbers right after the word bonusgroup need to go from 0 to the highest.

As far as the numbers in the braces are concerned the first number is the id of the specific property and the second number represents the power, with higher being better. I have not yet figured out what the rest of the numbers do.

Giving an item certain properties will of course be easier if you know what number corresponds to what property, so I have also started compilling a list of all the properties, and the corresponding numbers, which I will post when it is done (only about 34000 lines of blueprint.txt to still go trough :)).

I hope someone finds this helpful

Regards :)

• Like! 1

Sounds interesting. When you say power, do you mean the corresponding value for the bonus you get? So if its deathblow higher power means a larger % bonus? And if thats the case, this could allow us to work out exactly what direct damage does if we can test it at a certain level/%DD and then increase the %DD and test it again.

Sounds interesting. When you say power, do you mean the corresponding value for the bonus you get? So if its deathblow higher power means a larger % bonus? And if thats the case, this could allow us to work out exactly what direct damage does if we can test it at a certain level/%DD and then increase the %DD and test it again.

Yes, it increases the bonus that you receive (still dependant on the item level) by some inverse exponential function (or hyperbolic, something of that nature), the higher you set the value the less of an effect you get from it (if the power for death blow is set to 9999 you get about 82% and at 99999 you get 94.1%), but with some trail and error you could set the value of a bonus to something specific.

Yes, it increases the bonus that you receive (still dependant on the item level) by some inverse exponential function (or hyperbolic, something of that nature), the higher you set the value the less of an effect you get from it (if the power for death blow is set to 9999 you get about 82% and at 99999 you get 94.1%), but with some trail and error you could set the value of a bonus to something specific.

Hehe...its exactly what I do over at CM-Patch when implementing lost Items and Sets. I already have made the list you are wanting to do if you want it. (Explanations are mostly german though...)

Hehe...its exactly what I do over at CM-Patch when implementing lost Items and Sets. I already have made the list you are wanting to do if you want it. (Explanations are mostly german though...)

Yes, please :)

and thanks

Well done Sankekur. You beat me to it. I have found the same thing but rather than editing the item types I have been directly editing the items from their item id's in the blueprint.txt file.

This is more of a brute force mod than yours as all the attributes for that item ID are changed rather than the item type (I think that's the right way round).

One thing I did find when doing this in blueprint.txt I found that if I added too much to the item I think I "lost" some of the new attributes and things like sockets did not show up.

One of the things I have found was

newBlueprint = {
id = 1552,
name = "unlock_sword_glaive_1h_atherton",
palettebits = "1111111111111111",
dmgvariation = 100,
minconstraints = {1,13,0},
lvljump = 1,
usability = 0,
allotment_pmfpi = {500,0,500,0,0},
uniquename = "unique",
specialuseonly = 0,
bonusgroup0 = {522,1300,1,9,0},
bonusgroup1 = {876,1200,1,2,0},
bonusgroup2 = {860,1000,1,2,0},
bonusgroup3 = {859,1000,1,2,0},
bonusgroup4 = {751,1000,1,2,0},
itemtypes = {9520,},
wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT',},
}
mgr.createBlueprint(1552, newBlueprint);

We have here a unlockable sword here. The important lines as Sankekur said are the lines that start with bonusgroup# if you edit the second number after the { I.E. 1300 in the item bonusgroup0 = {522,1300,1,9,0} we can change the +/- % or value of that attribute. The first number is the type of attribute that the bonus is for, I don't know about the others. This will only affect the item you have modded.

If you wanted to increase a value for all items for a specific attribute then look down the blueprint file till you find. To do this take the first number after the { search blueprint till you find the attribute then search for the bonuslist which looks like this.

newBonus = {
-- name = "sb_addskill_any",
rating = 38,
basedonskill = "SKILL_INVALID",
type = "BONUS_SKILL",
spez = "SKILL_ANY",
spez2 = "",
usagebits = 65535,
minconstraints = {15,9,0},
difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,10,60},
difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,12,75},
difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,14,90},
difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,17,105},
difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,20,120},
}
mgr.createBonus(758, newBonus);

Here we are looking at the add all skills bonus. The difficultyvaluerange 0 - 4 are the 5 different levels of difficulty bronze, silver, gold etc. Changing the third number will increase the amount of that skill for that specific difficulty. I have not tried this for the sockets yet.

Another very important note. If you update the game any extra sockets will be lost as lots of game files are re-written. If you have items in them they will disappear when you open the game. You may be lucky any one will appear in front of you as an item drop but even then only one and everything else will be lost.

I also have an application that can find the id of an item in the commuinity chest if people are interested.

How many boni a certain item can have is capped and I think also somewhat related to the itemquality. (Restricted to about 5-6 Boni per Item.) You do more, then some are clipped away.

Also there can only be 3 sockets of each kind, since there are only three different bonustypes per socket. (Multiple repetition of the same "socket-bonus" won't give you functional sockets, I think. The triplets are there for a reason.)

Here is my List. There are some creature-Boni and some bb_-Boni for Spells missing, but the Item related stuff is all there.

Bonusliste.xls

Have Fun. :)

Oh: There is an easy way to get the itemtypes of items in your Inventory or equipslots: type "print hero" in the console. it will give you among other things all itemtypes of your equipment. When doing it once with the item equipped and once with the item on the floor/in your chest: Look for the difference...et voila! You got you type to search in the blueprint. (You can scroll the console with page up/down!)

Edited by czevak

Thanks for the info jimbouk and czevak and for the list czevak. :)

Also there can only be 3 sockets of each kind, since there are only three different bonustypes per socket. (Multiple repetition of the same "socket-bonus" won't give you functional sockets, I think. The triplets are there for a reason.)

So if I take, say the saber I have edited that now has 6 gold sockets and fill all of them with the +damage, +attack rating blacksmith things will only the first 3 register (enhance the weapon) and the rest wil have no effect?

Also I noticed when I added sockets I could add five gold ones plus the one it has without any bonuses, it would seeam to me that unique items can have six sockets, but I must admit my lack of understanding in these things, also I was able to add 9 bonuses (the one socket I added is not there due to the fact that there are already 6)

Edit: Looking at the part of blueprint.txt where the bonuses are created seem to be an easier way of finding what a specific bonus id does, but I found a bit of a problem one of the names given at the create bonus part and what I found the bonus to do in game do not match up ie. I found the id 489 to add to the skill divine devotion through experimentation, yet the name given is sb_addca_dr_nm_wacherverstand which seems like some dryad combat art thing. Also I found that some of the id's are not there. This is of course just after a quick look, icould be mistaken or doing something wrong.

Edit2:In czevak's list is is given as SB_addskill_IND_devotion which seems to be the same as my findings, so it might be an error in the bonus create part of blueprint.txt

Edited by Sankekur
Oh: There is an easy way to get the itemtypes of items in your Inventory or equipslots: type "print hero" in the console. it will give you among other things all itemtypes of your equipment. When doing it once with the item equipped and once with the item on the floor/in your chest: Look for the difference...et voila! You got you type to search in the blueprint. (You can scroll the console with page up/down!)

Thanks czevak, this works brilliantly, I must admit it is rather hard to spot the difference when entering print hero twice with and without a certain item when you have a lot of junk in your inventory, but at least when weapons are concerned you can just put it in one of your weapons slot and look at the "EQSLOT =" line to find the item type. This is definitly easier than my method :)

In something totally of topic and unrelated: I saw that when you enter print hero it also give you a value pos = () with the first 3 values, these values seem to be the same as the values used in the spawn.txt file (I gave a explanation of how I understood the spawn.txt file here)

Edited by Sankekur

Thanks czevak, this works brilliantly, I must admit it is rather hard to spot the difference when entering print hero twice with and without a certain item when you have a lot of junk in your inventory, but at least when weapons are concerned you can just put it in one of your weapons slot and look at the "EQSLOT =" line to find the item type. This is definitly easier than my method :)

In something totally of topic and unrelated: I saw that when you enter print hero it also give you a value pos = () with the first 3 values, these values seem to be the same as the values used in the spawn.txt file (I gave a explanation of how I understood the spawn.txt file here)

Yes it is also quite valuable to get the positions. First three numbers give the sector position, second three numbers give the position within the sector. The sectors are cubes with 3200,3200,3200 in size. So it is relatively easy to convert the {sx,sy,sz,x,y,z}-Positions into absolute x,y,z Worldmap-Positions as sometimes used in the creatures.txt or quest.txt and vice versa.

I dont think you would get three by using three times the same bonus for the slot. There is for example Bonusgroup: 751, 850 and 851 for the three Gold sockets.

About the number issues: Are you sure you got the right number checked in the blueprint? Keep in mind that there is nearly always a Bonusgroup (which is for Items) and a corresponding Bonuslist (which is used directly for creatures and indirectly for the Bonusgroup definition). That is sometimes confusing and the reason for the two number columns in my list.

Edited by czevak
I dont think you would get three by using three times the same bonus for the slot. There is for example Bonusgroup: 751, 850 and 851 for the three Gold sockets.

What I did was to add five additional gold sockets by using the 859 bonus 6 times. I used it 6 times for 5 sockets because the first gives a blue socket and then thereafter gold ones are added, the blue one is there but it is not displayed (it would seem that a max of 6 sockets can be displayed).

So I thought I would test the sockets to see if they worked, and it would seem to me that I got the bonuses for all the blacksmith arts in both the weapon mouse over (shown I the image below) and in terms of the damage added (noted the damage, forged something into a socket then checked the damage and there was an increased every time).

uber_saber2.jpg

The only problem was that one of the sockets don't display in the blacksmith window (I would guess it has something to do with the layout of the gui)

uber_saber_slots.jpg

and you can also see the presence of the blue socket that is not displayed in the item mouse over.

Just for the heck of it I added some more sockets since it could be possible to use them even if they are only displayed in the blacksmith window, but any more sockets than the number I have here causes the game to crash when you place the item in the blacksmith forge.

About the number issues: Are you sure you got the right number checked in the blueprint? Keep in mind that there is nearly always a Bonusgroup (which is for Items) and a corresponding Bonuslist (which is used directly for creatures and indirectly for the Bonusgroup definition). That is sometimes confusing and the reason for the two number columns in my list.

I guess I'm just doing something wrong :)

Well this all is interesting.....but a bit complicated. I guess at some point some one might be able to make a small program such as TQ vault for Titan Quest.

Now don't get me wrong I don't want to do much just store some extra goodies and fix items back to the way they were before the 2.43 patch or which ever one it was that reset all the +Skill rings and equipment.

I also don't need nor want to have rings that have +200 to all skills ....that's a bit too much and at that point you might as well have a God Mode where you can't die.

Just a question on what your doing by adding slots to items, when you do that does the required level for it change on it's own, I mean when the system loads it sees this item with 5-6 slots and decides it needs to be corrected from say 45 to 70? If it does then what's the point?

check out this ring that got changed once I updated the patches and installed Ice and Blood.

It's hard to see but it's a level 50 ring

2quslj6.jpg

I don't recall what it was before, but it damn sure had some bonus on it.

BTW The only way I could get this picture was to use PSP and alt tab into windows to save it. The screen capture in the game for some reason does not show the inventory when you take the screen shot

Edited by Gumby
Just a question on what your doing by adding slots to items, when you do that does the required level for it change on it's own, I mean when the system loads it sees this item with 5-6 slots and decides it needs to be corrected from say 45 to 70? If it does then what's the point?

BTW The only way I could get this picture was to use PSP and alt tab into windows to save it. The screen capture in the game for some reason does not show the inventory when you take the screen shot

No, the level of the item is not changed if you add more sockets.

I usually have to change sacred to windowed mode to be able to take screen shots of the inventory and other GUI elements.

Regards :D

I think you need to use Shift + PrintScreen to capture GUI as well.

I think you need to use Shift + PrintScreen to capture GUI as well.

Didn't work for me, but it might be because I am using a notebook and have to press fn to change my home key to a print screen key.

Didn't work for me, but it might be because I am using a notebook and have to press fn to change my home key to a print screen key.

I do CTRL+FN+Prnt.Screen, ant it works well for me. :drool:

I do CTRL+FN+Prnt.Screen, ant it works well for me. :)

Thanks, that did the trick :drool:

Ok, perhaps it's just me and the last of sleep I have today (none in 24 hrs) but I'm more then a bit confused here.

1) Using the "Granny Viewer" I was NOT able to find the example of Officers Saber at all, I'm using 2.8.35.0 Yes I went to the graphics05.zip

2) Could you show how you found a specific item using Granny Viewer?

3) As for the Bonusgroup(Numbers) it didn't look at att the same as mine are.

5fhnhj.jpg

Did you modify the others as well? Or just that one?

Taking a closer look at your modified Saber it shows "level for DeathBlow 94.1%" That's very high (but then my highest toon is level 60 something) Now is that something you changed or was it there to begin with?

Also if you found a direct correlation in the number values that will yeild a specific result in the bonus properties such as Death Blow, Attack Speed, Casting Speed, Regeneration time...etc could you please post them?

In this case all I want to do is add in some values that were lost to an item like this.

vrpvmg.jpg

4) Shields I can't seem to locate either one of these.

t9axar.jpg

The one below it is "the Wall of Flames"

In these 2 cases all I want to do is add 3-4 sockets....and if I understand things rightly I would just modify the text file to show 859 in the first number location as it for Gold Socket, but I not sure about the numbers after that.

Also it seem that 5 is the maxium number of sockets.

5) It would seem like there should be a program to directly access these items like Granny Viewer does and modify it directly that way. Sort of a Hex Dex with a GUI interface.

6) Can you modify a specific item in use (inventory) rather then them all. I ask because I wonder if I can hose up the game by messing with them. No doubt I will keep a close tab on what is changed and keep a backup of txt files in case the FECAL MATTER! hits the fan.

THANKS

BTW thanks for the Ctrl + PS that worked (Not sure what you all meant by crtl+FN+PS, dunno what FN is)

Hi Gumby

In answers to some of your questions

1) Don't know

2) Not sure on this either

3) You are right. At the moment you have a fairly standard saber. It looks like Sanekur has added a good few of the gold slots (More of the lines that have the starting numbers after the { 751, 859 and 860). All of these are the different gold slots. The second number in the sequence controls the % or the +/- value of the attribute which I can see Sanekur has bumped up to 9999 and 99999, this gives the high level for Deathblow that you see. I have a feeling that the third number controls the difficulty level I.e bronze, silver etc at which the attribute appears or the level of the item white, blue, gold etc. This is because I had a shield showing no attributes which I had edited and that was because I had no value for the difficulty set. There are 15 or 16 different levels as the item colours are split into sub-levels as well. I haven't investigated this too much so am not completely sure

4) The first shield Stalworth Safeguard is Item ID 2630 and Item type 9952. I don't have a Wall of Flames so don't know.

5) & 6) I will get back to you after I have had a chat with a few people. I haven't found a way to hex edit items to add sockets and other attribs but it is possible to edit levels, change items, difficulty levels and a few other things.

I also have an application that can find the id of an item in the commuinity chest if people are interested.

Yes I for one would be very interested as I am having a difficult time finding the Item ID and Item Type. Anything that can help me do that I'm all for.

Yes I for one would be very interested as I am having a difficult time finding the Item ID and Item Type. Anything that can help me do that I'm all for.

I second that. It would be much easier than doing it per print hero all the time.

1) Using the "Granny Viewer" I was NOT able to find the example of Officers Saber at all, I'm using 2.8.35.0 Yes I went to the graphics05.zip

2) Could you show how you found a specific item using Granny Viewer?

This was just the way I used to do it (definitly not the best), luckily others have shared different ways of finding the item id.

To find a specific item's model you have to look at the model itself until you find one that look like the model in the game. And the names of the model files will be of little help as they are fairly generic.

BTW thanks for the Ctrl + PS that worked (Not sure what you all meant by crtl+FN+PS, dunno what FN is)

fn is a key you have on notebooks, and is used to emulate keys that there are no room for such as numpad etc.

I have made an editor for the items in the commuinity chest, you can tell the ID and Type of an item from it as well as change certain things about the item. For it to work you have to have exited the game and be in one of the starting screens where you choose your character. You will also need the .net framework 3.5 installed for the editor to run.

The editor contains 3 files Sacred 2 Item Editor 0.53.exe (GUI interface that changes the items), s2sdec_chest.exe (a decoder that decodes [decompresses] the chest file. It seems that the coders for Sacred 2 used zlib to compress their files.) and Item Data Ice and Blood.xls (Excel file containing some info on the items). In use it will create 2 extra files in the folder in which the editor is used, a decoded chest file and a backup chest file.

It still has a few issues which I haven't figured out yet the main one being that sometimes the items edited don't sell for the right value and there are still item properties which I haven't figured out. I think some are hard-coded into the game and can't be changed in the hex files.

Item Editor Linky

If anyone wants the source code (C++ in visual studio.net) I can post it here as well.

Awesome

First --> Thank you very much Jimbouk for the editor. I know your just getting started on this and so far it's looking good, great work.

It still has a few issues which I haven't figured out yet the main one being that sometimes the items edited don't sell for the right value and there are still item properties which I haven't figured out. I think some are hard-coded into the game and can't be changed in the hex files.

Amen to that ...I tried resetting some of the Rings and Amulets to different item color and item level ....BAM the item properties changed . They were all +1 skill rings after what I did, I got some crap bonus on them like light range or regen HP or maybe something like +1 to riding.

But as far as finding the item ID and Item Type ....helped out a ton.

But now I have problems understanding the Bonusgroup codes, all the number inside the { ## }

I wanted to take the 2 bonus properties I saw on the Eviscerator sword and add them to the DM set chest item. I then thought to copy the first 2 lines of bonus from the blueprint text file of the sword to the DM set item and it too would have them.

5zlc8k.jpg

See below is the original pic to the chnaged stats

whcjur.jpgb7m8m9.jpg

Here's what the Blueprint text changed from original to updated text change

1ok979.jpg33ucw0y.jpg

The Chance for critical hits is nice to see as well as the change in Attack and Defense value, but I never got the two I wanted inserted in. I also tried to change the Faster increase of SB by changing the

second set of numbers to 9999 but I got no love from doing that.

IS there some underlying code that prohibits me from doing what I am? Is there a limit to the number of "bonusgroup#" that can be listed for an item?

Is there a special statement for special bonus such as +1 to All Skills or Gold bonus like the faster SB ? Is god gonna strike me down for messing with this Sacred text? :gun2:

Ok so after messing with this for a few hrs me head is starting to split open so I'm hoping someone will read this and set me on the right path of code modding.

The Chance for critical hits is nice to see as well as the change in Attack and Defense value, but I never got the two I wanted inserted in.

The order in which the mods appear on the item in-game is not necessarily the same order as the bonusgroups, plus different bonusgroups might also apply different mods depending on the item type, but I am not sure about this I haven't tested this yet.

To get the desired mod on an item editing the bonusgroups you will have to use trail and error get the desired effect I think.

I also tried to change the Faster increase of SB by changing the

second set of numbers to 9999 but I got no love from doing that.

Try changing the the second value for bonusgroup2 to 9999 (ie bonusgroup2 = {871,9999,10,9,0},)

If this doesn't work you can always add the bonusgroup twice for double the effect:

bonusgroup2 = {871,1200,10,9,0},
bonusgroup3 = {871,1200,10,9,0},

Is there a limit to the number of "bonusgroup#" that can be listed for an item?

I have used up to 10 without problems (up to bonusgroup9)

But I know there is a max number of sockets you can add (check in one of the previous posts in this thread).

Regards :gun2: