How to change item properties

Yeah about that ...adding additional sockets. I'm not getting that either.

If as the posts says adding the bonusgroup# six times to get all the sockets then the item also had 6 bonus properties...that makes it 12 bonusgroups total, but as you say you can only go to bonusgroup9 , then how does that happen?

In the editor notes you mention something about cloning items...is it possiable to do that using it now or not?

Ohh the other thing I just noticed is that using the Item Editor you can make the changes while at the main menu before you load your character BUT using the Blueprint Text making changes to that you need to close out of the game completly...other wise you see strange things untill you close then restart the game.

hahaha Me thinks I over did things a bit...reminds me of the old Butch and Sundance movie line.

"You think you used enough dynomite there Butch?"fav1vs.jpg

Edited by Gumby
Yeah about that ...adding additional sockets. I'm not getting that either.

If as the posts says adding the bonusgroup# six times to get all the sockets then the item also had 6 bonus properties...that makes it 12 bonusgroups total, but as you say you can only go to bonusgroup9 , then how does that happen?

In the editor notes you mention something about cloning items...is it possiable to do that using it now or not?

Ohh the other thing I just noticed is that using the Item Editor you can make the changes while at the main menu before you load your character BUT using the Blueprint Text making changes to that you need to close out of the game completly...other wise you see strange things untill you close then restart the game.

hahaha Me thinks I over did things a bit...reminds me of the old Butch and Sundance movie line......"You think you used enough dynomite there Butch?"

The number of total Bonusgroups might be restricted by the quality of the item, and also the second to last number in the {} gives the min-quality the Item must have to recieve it (eg. 9 means it must have at least rare-quality (yellow level 1 in your list)).

See also balance.txt:

ZRareBonusamount14 = 4,
 ZRareBonusamount13 = 4,
 ZRareBonusamount12 = 4,
 ZRareBonusamount15 = 4,
 ZRareBonusamount11 = 3,
 ZRareBonusamount10 = 3,
 ZRareBonusamount09 = 3,
 ZRareBonusamount08 = 2,
 ZRareBonusamount07 = 2,
 ZRareBonusamount06 = 2,
 ZRareBonusamount05 = 1,
 ZRareBonusamount04 = 1,
 ZRareBonusamount03 = 0,
 ZRareBonusamount02 = 0,
 ZRareBonusamount01 = 0,
 ZRareBonusamount00 = 0,

You see the max. amount of rare+ Boni the item may have. :gun2:

Edited by czevak

In the window that pops up when you click on an item there is a number spinbox with the words next to it "Number of Items in Slot". If you change this it will clone items (not anything socketed though) up to a maximum of 20 items just like the potions.

Is there a special statement for special bonus such as +1 to All Skills

I think what you need to add is another BonusGroup line with {515, 1000, 1, 9, 0}. I have a feeling that the 515 is the All Skills attribute if I can remember right (so that means it probably isn't). If it does work and you want more skills change the 1000 to 9999 and see what happens.

ZRareBonusamount14 = 4,

I don't see anything higher then 4 in my list. Is 4 the most you can have or 0 the most , in other words does it go from 0 lowest to 4 highest?

Also will changing this setting upset the Item Editor Tool?

I'm starting to enjoy messing around with this, makes me head hurt sometimes but it's cool to understand all of this.

I feel like when I first got the game it like getting a oversized coat for my birthday, now I've taken some scissors to it and make it fit me better and more confortable.

So far I've used the optionsCustom.txt to get rid of the opening video's and NPC voices and the awful camera shake. changed Balance.txt changed the drops and now directly editing the items.

OK, I've been messing around with the bonus attributes, at first I wanted to switch out what I got on set items as they are the easiest for me to find. All I did was find 2 pieces of the set one with bonus that had Regen Time: XXX for one that I wanted Regen time XXX ...it was very simple as the number code in the first group was the key I simply swaped them out....then jacked up the second set in the group.

BUT gettng the experience per Kill is a nightmare!

I found one bonus on a yellow item and thought I would add that into the gren set item .....but something wierd happened. Check out what happened.....using the code I found I accidently ended up with + x to all skills, not what I wanted but interesting

GamblersVestment-ModExpperkill02.jpg

By using that same code this is what it turned into

SetEndijiansleg-Modskills15-everyth.jpg

Sooo I think the code used to get a specific bonus is determined by what color the item is and as czevak said the group to which it is in. Both together dictate what it can have as a bonus and how much of any specific type. I also think if you jack up on one bonus too much it will prevent it from having other bonus types added.

Also sometimes when I doubled a code which I thought was for one bonus type (copied the line and added it in again) sometimes this nurfed the item because it must have violated the code so it removed all or most of the high end bonus like + to all skills or + experience per kill...etc.

Edited by Gumby

You might be interested in knowing, that Bonusgroup 601 is the random Bonusgroup "BGA_chest_fight_rare". :)

If you want Gain Experience per Kill use No. 401. :)

I posted a list of all bonusgroups somewhere in the mod forum. You might want to have a look. Trust me!

Yes czevak I saw that the other day and downloaded it. While I know it must have taken a lot of work on your part it still wasn't very helpful to me and also I do not read or speak any other languages other then English

(I have enough problems just doing that) :D

Here's another strange case where I have 2 Gold amulets. One has NO Bonus on it yet in the Blueprint text there are 2 bonusgroups. so I copied the 2 bonuses from the working Amulet and removed the 2 that didn't work. Think I got the same Bonuses? NOPE !

Look at the difference between them minconstraints and lvljump

Below is the before the change to amaulet and the working amulet and finally the result of copying over the 2 bonuses.

vo20kw.jpgfyfu6w.jpg

2wn8ysy.jpg

As you can see one of the copied bonusgroups worked as expected, why it put a different bonus for the second one I can only guess that the 2 differences I mentioned above is why it happened.

You just got a random bonusgroup again. :D

BGF_ring_aspectplus is the no. 987

You can go by the names of the bonusgroups in my excelfile to get a clue about what they do.

In short:

Any Bonusgroup starting with "BG..." is a radom one, selecting any of the associated Boni on the righthand side of the spreadsheet.

SB are general Bonusgroups for player characters.

WB are weaponlore specific bonusgroups, like bleeding or mortalstrike...

UNI are the nice golden boni.

The Ybg bonusgroups are automatically added to a weapon of this weapontype. (Like any Axe gets a haftedlore attackbonus and a chance at deep wounding on mastery.)

Anything with "crbonus" or "crmount" in the name is a creature or mount specific bonus which probably should not be used on items.

Have fun deciphering it, and Jimbouk may use it for improving his nice tool.

Edited by czevak

Hehe I was just reading the post and thinking there must be some switch in the item hex file to give a specific bonus from the random groups when I got to the quoted bit. I will see what I can do on that one but it will be a week or two till I have the time to look properly.

You just got a random bonusgroup again. :)

BGF_ring_aspectplus is the no. 987

You can go by the names of the bonusgroups in my excelfile to get a clue about what they do.

In short:

Any Bonusgroup starting with "BG..." is a radom one, selecting any of the associated Boni on the righthand side of the spreadsheet.

SB are general Bonusgroups for player characters.

WB are weaponlore specific bonusgroups, like bleeding or mortalstrike...

UNI are the nice golden boni.

The Ybg bonusgroups are automatically added to a weapon of this weapontype. (Like any Axe gets a haftedlore attackbonus and a chance at deep wounding on mastery.)

Anything with "crbonus" or "crmount" in the name is a creature or mount specific bonus which probably should not be used on items.

Things are getting clearer now.

I hope I didn't offend you by any of the comments I've made.

I'm guessing this is what you said on the second tab then. Would it be possiable to get the rest of it in English? There are large sections of this in another language.

If not I'll just muddle through it using Google Translate.

Thanks again.

Edited by Gumby
I'm guessing this is what you said on the second tab then. Would it be possiable to get the rest of it in English? There are large sections of this in another language.

If not I'll just muddle through it using Google Translate.

Thanks again.

Yes I started to annotate some of it on the second tab. I will create an english version of my spreadsheet, when I have the time to translate it. Most of it is guesswork anyway atm., because I dont know half of the boni myfself. :)

Edited by czevak

Well I have time ...more or less but probably more then others here.

Which is why I have posted some of my attempts to modify the blueprint and other things in the game, in the hopes that it will enlighten or help others that are more skilled at this then I am.

If you need some specific tests done I am willing to help, just point what you need done and I'll give it a shot.

I know for me it has been an interesting experience so far, sometimes I wanna Burn the Game and other times jump for joy.

Anywho Google has a translator service where you can upload a document, I'll give that a try.

No joy doing that, I think because it was part english and partly because some words are joined together...like this one Willenskraftbonus. :)

Sorry, we are unable to translate the page you requested.

Edited by Gumby
  • Like! 1
You could try separating words.

"Willenskraft bonus" for example, translates to "Willpower bonus".

I did try that of course.. :) At that time nothing showed up in the google translator.

Now today when I did the full word it says Spirit Bonus...using the full word but if I break it in two words it shows what you said. :P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's an update for you Gumby.

If you open a decoded file in a hex editor I have a picture showing some of the item properties I have figured out. Some are for the chest and others are for the actual item but I have a picture of a decodded chest shown below. I have changed the hex values to normal decimal in the hex editor for this shot.

d47dd0302f64f47b67a2819ddffb189f6g.jpg

The Game Version is basically the build number of the version that created the chest. We can see the values 45 and 7 ([7 x 256] + 45 = 1837) build number 1837 means this chest was created with version 2.65.2.

The Fixed Value can be used as a reference point for the start of the items and the number of items in the chest (different versions of Sacred start their items at different points in the file (Pre / Post 2.40 ish).

I think the money colour is somewhere about right but it's around those end values.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...