Sacred 3 is in the works

locolagarto

oh my god

LOL

forgot this had become a forum. ahahahhahah Oh Well, Loco and Spunky deserve the first posts. I guess anyone who wants can begin filling this place up with ideas, dreams, comments, even links to threads running in other forums with good descriptions first of the topic they are linking too.

And of course...if anyone wants to show us what they think some of the enemies from Sacred 3 should look like...

:thumbsup:

gogo

I agree

I thought that the requirements were too far flung this last time around. Then again, Sacred's demand for power with all the calculations going on... I'm a bit tired of the bugs. I'm thinking some compromise may be in order. Diablo style?

Give us the style, some decent graphics, glorious item mods, good puzzles, stuff that has kept us guessing in Sacred and Sacred 2 for years now, with a demand for only moderate to perhaps just a bit upper end systems and that will be enough.

The game will be good!

:thumbsup:

gogo

And of course...if anyone wants to show us what they think some of the enemies from Sacred 3 should look like...
I broke into DS and stole some of their artwork.. here is a picture of the final boss.. :thumbsup:

[image removed]

Seriously though, I have a feeling Sacred 3 will probably be out before Diablo 3. How am I supposed to work both of them in together?!

Edited by dreeft
I guess anyone who wants can begin filling this place up with [...] dreams [...]

Ah.... hmmmm...

Ah yes...

WAKE UP SLEEP SILVER... WE... WANT.... MORE ....... NEWS ! :)

[...] what a disappointment :oooo:

Only one boss ? Hope there will be no need to kill 400 of it to get a super-ultra-mega-useless legendary. :viking:

Seriously though, I have a feeling Sacred 3 will probably be out before Diablo 3. How am I supposed to work both of them in together?!

I hope so.

I need a new game to spend my free time on! :viking:

Seriously, did I mention I really miss the fun of the Kami?

And Blizzard will take it's time to develop D3, I really hope S3 will be there sooner.

Edited by Timotheus

In GSF people hoped for a comment at the game convent at Cologne mid april. Nothing was said about sacred 3. So next hope is the convent in september.

In my eyes a mistake of sacred 2 was that there was a demand for demo's at game convents to early. They wanted a good looking demo and had to put work into it, even knowing that physx and windows 7 may make some of the work useless.

So I hope that they start to work with quests, game balance and the first demo is just a wire frame modell. Do the fine graphics at the very last moment. This would prevent redesgning the graphic port totally new if new hardware will be out.

I always fear that future games will be only for consoles. No PC is the same which makes debugging on the hardware side frustrating and costs explode. I notice this even at the pc cards we use to control our producing machines. Even we use real time operating systems, some PC produce a delay up to 50 milli-seconds and noone knows what causes it. Then a math program I coded in fortran gives good results on one computer, but not on the other. You visit the compiler forum and find out that the compiler you use on one machine might have a bug. Your code is totally okay, it's a d*** combination of computer and compiler which prevents it from returning correct results.

Consoles share same hardware and operating system which makes not the programming but the debugging way easier.

In GSF people hoped for a comment at the game convent at Cologne mid april. Nothing was said about sacred 3. So next hope is the convent in september.

In my eyes a mistake of sacred 2 was that there was a demand for demo's at game convents to early. They wanted a good looking demo and had to put work into it, even knowing that physx and windows 7 may make some of the work useless.

So I hope that they start to work with quests, game balance and the first demo is just a wire frame modell. Do the fine graphics at the very last moment. This would prevent redesgning the graphic port totally new if new hardware will be out.

I always fear that future games will be only for consoles. No PC is the same which makes debugging on the hardware side frustrating and costs explode. I notice this even at the pc cards we use to control our producing machines. Even we use real time operating systems, some PC produce a delay up to 50 milli-seconds and noone knows what causes it. Then a math program I coded in fortran gives good results on one computer, but not on the other. You visit the compiler forum and find out that the compiler you use on one machine might have a bug. Your code is totally okay, it's a d*** combination of computer and compiler which prevents it from returning correct results.

Consoles share same hardware and operating system which makes not the programming but the debugging way easier.

If they would only design a console playable with keyboard+mouse. I think that would solve a lot of problems and I would be the first in line to buy such a console.

Some games are just meant to be played with keyboard+mouse, like Sacred, but also games like Age of Empires for instance.

Anyway, I hope the next Sacred relies less on graphics to be a success. Sure, Sacred 2 looked nice, but gameplaywise and entertainmentwise it had it's faults IMO. Actually the opposite of S1.

Edited by Timotheus
Female dwarves with beards :)

Don't all dwarves have beards in rpg's now anyway? Try to break a tradition and let them wear dresses (It works in Discworld novels) and jewelry. Gosh, make S3 the discworld world and I would buy it tomorrow. I want to be Riincewind.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I am hoping the the new sacred will be on an engine equal to two worlds 2 . That game ran excellent and had top notch graphics. A sacred game being driven by an engine like that would be too good to be true. Thats my hopes.

I also hope they make the a game the size of what we got from ascaron. I never heard or played any ascaron games before until I got sacred. I was impressed how large the gameworlds actually were and appreciated the time it took to make something of that scale.

I also hope they make the a game the size of what we got from ascaron.

Hi Hammerhorde

I'm wondering if this is ever going to happen again with a stand up game. Usually games that come out for console now are miniscule in comparison to Sacred Franchise's size. We've been spoiled with huge amounts of content with both the releases. However... how would you feel if they reduced the volume of content but significantly reduced the bugs... would that be a fair and interesting trade-out to you?

:)

gogo

I also hope they make the a game the size of what we got from ascaron.

Hi Hammerhorde

I'm wondering if this is ever going to happen again with a stand up game. Usually games that come out for console now are miniscule in comparison to Sacred Franchise's size. We've been spoiled with huge amounts of content with both the releases. However... how would you feel if they reduced the volume of content but significantly reduced the bugs... would that be a fair and interesting trade-out to you?

:)

gogo

I have played S1 when it was released for a long time and just got into playing Sacred 2 again after being away from it for a long while. I can only think of one time I ever got a bug that effected my gameplay. that was in Sacred 2 when I killed the carnach the game crashed. I reloaded it and kiled him again and it was fine. I never encountered any other bugs that dealt with questing or gameplay besides that. Maybe others have but for me I think those games were made pretty solid to play all those hours and only have that one hiccup.

Now content wise, I think it has become the mainstream idea to reduce content and release small games. Black Opps comes to mind, Crysis-2, TW2. The list could really go on for quite a bit. Ascarons games on the other hand, even after the main quest was done there was still so much to do and explore. The game didn`t stop with just the ending credits, it kept going, giving you reason to keep playing. Maybe to find that last set item or maybe get another level. But you could, and with a world that size you could get lost in the size and thats something I like alot about the sacred games.

One prime example of the downsizing of game was the Two Worlds franchise. The original game was huge, open world rpg hack and slash. Had an awsome item system that was simple yet gave you reasons to visit a merchant to find a matching item. The way spells were done was great too. Easy and too the point. Then TW2 rolls out years later with this new game engine. The gameplay is supersmooth at max settings and the combat is pretty good and an improvment over the original. However, the game world of TW2 is vastly smaller and too make a long story short. For all its beauty and gameplay mechanics. I played two worlds one for years compared to the 4 weeks I played the second. Why? The original was a bigger game.

We have indeed become spoiled by the way ascaron created the sacred games. I thank them for that. It made me feel like the game was made by people who actually played them. The Bathory referances didn`t hurt either haha.

I would rather play a game that can keep my attention for months then one after I beat it I uninstall it because you felt there was nothing left to do. This is why I am hoping for game the scale of the ascarons work.

• Like! 1

Was digging around on Deep Silvers site - no mention of anything Sacred... wonder if this is being built by one or two folks while they are working on Dead Island and Risen 2 and..... nail'd?

Wish we could get a little news - around a year after it was announced and nothing...

OR.... am I missing news somewhere?

Did find this.

Edited by Ostgar

This is the closing scene of Sacred 1... I also noticed it referenced as Sacred 3 on youtube. But I agree that I'd like a few more tasters for Sacred 3... but then again, I'd rather wait a little longer for them to be close to release date before releasing tid bits. I remember clearly how frustratingly long it took for Sacred 2 to be released after the intial screenshots were released.

Anyone remember those screenies with the shadow warrior and those shiny balls all around the place?

And then the day finally came and I got my copy of Sacred 2 and.... noooooooooo! My pc was just to weak to handle the game! :twitch: I still installed it, set all settings to low, started the game up at a snails' pace, but it took my seraphim about 20 minutes to get out into the open after the opening scene... I think I might have reached level 20 by now if I carried on playing at that pace! :4rofl:

I hope that Sacred 3 sticks to the huge open world. But I suddenly realized (while playing Runes of magic) that I'd like CAs, or aspects thereof, to be unlocked as you reach higher levels. I know the CA modding kinda takes care of this, but I'd still like to have to level up to 75 or 100 before getting that final big badda boom CA unlocked, rather than having it on the plate straight from the start. I guess it's a 50/50 call anyway about it being a nice feature or saving the best for last. Having 'em available straight from the start is after all what makes Sacred, Sacred. If this remains, then the modding might be restricted to character level? I'm just thinking about the Arch Angel's wrath snotball discussion again....