Gust of Wind - Poison Mist mod

claudius

I took the bronze - light poisoning mod for gust of wind. The tooltip does not show poisoning. I have killed 4 levels of enemies (18) and I haven't seen the poison graphics on anyone. Is this mod bugged? I'll probably take the gold mod just so I can see if it is actually giving physical instead of poison damage.

Do you know of anything else bugged on the dragon mage combat arts? I know the familiars xp bronze mod is also bugged.

Can't remember if I saw the poison graphic myself when I played with my Dragon Mage, only thing I saw was the damage numbers from the DOT.

Only bug I can think off is the combo one, where you can't remove Combat Art's after putting them in.

Can't remember if I saw the poison graphic myself when I played with my Dragon Mage, only thing I saw was the damage numbers from the DOT.

Only bug I can think off is the combo one, where you can't remove Combat Art's after putting them in.

Is that only the dragon mage where you cannot remove combat arts after putting in a combo? Thats pretty serious...

Just recently started a dragon mage. Did the same thing took poison on the first mod. Had to actually find a high level mob to cast it on that it didn't kill in first hit. Although posion isnt showed in the tool tip I think its still working as I saw DoT damage tic off twice before it died. I only have one rune in it yet but this should scale with more runes read. I hope

Few things I noticed with GoW.

If a mob gets stunned they don't get pushed back. So it could be a good thing or bad thing.

The poison damage also stack with each cast. From my testing I think it ticks every second for 5 seconds. Poison from each cast of GoW have its own dot. I'm fairly certain it does poison damage, it does a lot less damage when used against hunting spiders compared to earth elemental. never seen the dot critical though.

The stun is also pretty handy. I think it can stun most bosses, at low level it can pretty much perm stun bosses, on noib testing it seems to keep a boss in place for 50 to 80% of the time. Although some bosses like the nameless guardian are pretty much outright immune to it.

Another trick I found with GoW is that the Area of Effect of the spell apparently changes depending on the position of your dragon mage. So I can shoot it out in a line, and if the Gow misses, I just need to move my DM a bit and the GoW will hit. Very, very powerful when used on a mount. You can wipe out half a screen of mobs with one cast by strafing after cast.

At higher levels it can easily do 100k+ damage if it is in a line and all 10 streams hits.

Edited by Dimeron
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm playing the latest version, 2.65.2 and the xp mod works for me... dunno where it doesn't work but it gives me a 10% bonus to xp. That adds up over hours and hours...

- Aesthir

The experience mod kind of works...in attempting to fix certain experience bonus related bugs ascaron stopped certain experience bonuses working together. That means that if you have any +experience gear on the CA mods that boost experience will not work.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sure the DOT is poison because it was doing less against toxic elementals.

Yup, the Spells.txt says it's poison DoT, much like the damage spitting spiders do, ie, non-resistable by most monsters (unless they have the anti-DoT mod).

• 1 month later...

There are several ways of DoT in the AddOn

1. triggered by a weapon hit or spell doing this damage type- here it is based on initial damage(?) and would be boosted by damage lore
  2. a spell which has it as a modifier - here it seems to ignore armour(?) and isn't boosted by damage lore
  3. dustdevil, radiant pillar, ... here enemy suffers damage ticks as long as they are in area of effect. If a category 3 spell does poison or fire damage it can trigger the category 1 effect for additional damage: deadly spears modified for fire.
  4. ...

GoW is in category 2

Edited by chattius