Mr. I unlock Platinum Smithing Fast

Thanks for the guide.

But I am confused. I am unable to pick ranged weapons from the skill list. How did you unlock it since the build did not pick tactics lore or any of the other weapons lore as base to unlock ranged weapons.

You will need to switch out something to take tactics in order to unlock it.

If you're not using much from Death Warrior, you could drop the focus and use Tactics to unlock the mods for the CAs. Alternatively, you could drop CD.

Thanks for the reply. I was a bit confused. I got the same build from here :

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Mr._I_Unlock_Platinum_Smithing_Fast

When looking at the skill pick for the weapons I was confused because it said Ranged. So I was under the impression he meant Ranged Weapon lore. But now I understand better, you either take a weapon lore to unlock the LL from the swords or pole arms , or you take another skill and use the LL from stars.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. I was a bit confused. I got the same build from here :

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Mr._I_Unlock_Platinum_Smithing_Fast

When looking at the skill pick for the weapons I was confused because it said Ranged. So I was under the impression he meant Ranged Weapon lore. But now I understand better, you either take a weapon lore to unlock the LL from the swords or pole arms , or you take another skill and use the LL from stars.

Yes I made an error because the character I play tested used swords and then the others informed me about ranged. I changed the guide in the dark matters, but I forgot to change it in the wiki. I will have to ask gogo how to do that. The nice thing is that Astral Lore controls spectral hand speed which is the bosskiller. And yes I didn't realize tactics boosted grim resilience when I wrote the guide so you could work it that way.

Since the build is designed to be low gear if you do play without ranged lore it won't make too much difference but you'll need a little effort to get the -evasion rings.

In hindsight I think its good to point out to people that shadow veil can help unlock difficulty levels ie cut through bosses. However with more experience its not necessary to have a detailed guide like this. A variety of builds all having shadow lore would work just as well and there is no need to use an optimal one. I learned a lot playing different veiled warriors, though they were twinked at that point, and now I have different ideas on how to build.

Still at least this is play tested. I used swords and I died once because I left clicked to move outside a cave with demons in the wastes. 20 levels higher than me.

• 6 months later...

Thank you for your build. I've used it as a structure for my character to actually unlock Niob. Since I'm on console the Blacksmithing skill is useless to me, however the NPC Blacksmith Arts will be of great use for following characters. I won't get into the mixup with the Ranged skill as that has already been covered. What I will point out is that with twenty five runes eaten in Shadow Veil, I occasionally got unveiled using ranged attacks despite having a veil rating of 100%. I ate another two Shadow Veil runes (the second one was a mistake because of a twitch) and I haven't been unveiled since. Perhaps only one extra is needed and perhaps there is still a tiny fraction of a percent chance for unveiling in the coding with 25 runes though it shows as 100%.

Thank you for your build. I've used it as a structure for my character to actually unlock Niob. Since I'm on console the Blacksmithing skill is useless to me, however the NPC Blacksmith Arts will be of great use for following characters. I won't get into the mixup with the Ranged skill as that has already been covered. What I will point out is that with twenty five runes eaten in Shadow Veil, I occasionally got unveiled using ranged attacks despite having a veil rating of 100%. I ate another two Shadow Veil runes (the second one was a mistake because of a twitch) and I haven't been unveiled since. Perhaps only one extra is needed and perhaps there is still a tiny fraction of a percent chance for unveiling in the coding with 25 runes though it shows as 100%.

Maybe you were not waiting long enough for your Combat Arts to fully regenerate? Ranged attacks can be tricky especially if you are using Regeneration per Hit.

I've only played 2 "Veil" builds, but CA level 25 on SV never failed me unless I 'mis-clicked'. I don't want to say that you are incorrect, just my limited experience shows a different result.

Maybe you were not waiting long enough for your Combat Arts to fully regenerate? Ranged attacks can be tricky especially if you are using Regeneration per Hit.

I've only played 2 "Veil" builds, but CA level 25 on SV never failed me unless I 'mis-clicked'. I don't want to say that you are incorrect, just my limited experience shows a different result.

I am using RpH. As my experience is purely anecdotal, I agree that it could be from "mis-clicking", I.e. holding the button for Frenzied Rampage but not hitting enough times to reactivate FR and thus utilizing a standard ranged attack, thus having the chance to get unveiled. However, to counterpoint, I had no unveiling at all after I had eaten two more Veil runes (late Silver level), and my equips did not change and running through Gold nor Platinum and I had a horrendously bad hit chance (~20% to hit, less against bosses in Platinum). That is what led me to the theory of 25 SV not being quite enough. It is also quite possible that I didn't have enough "opportunity" for an unveiling to happen since I ran through the absolute minimum of the main quest line in both Gold and Platinum. I had done some levelling in Silver with 100% veil when I had the unveilings.

• 1 month later...

If you are using ranged weapons you shouldn't unveil regardless of whether you left or right click. Unless things are different on console. Yeah when I tested this I never unveiled with 25. I got killed once because I came out of a cave and unveiled right in front of a bunch of demons, that was when I was using a two handed sword (never used range when I tested). But thanks greatly if you discovered the need for more than 25, thats good info.

My general claudius build is like the build that I used all that I learned from mr platinum and 3 or 4 campaign runners I made. General claudius was the funnest build I played in sacred 2.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are using ranged weapons you shouldn't unveil regardless of whether you left or right click. Unless things are different on console. Yeah when I tested this I never unveiled with 25. I got killed once because I came out of a cave and unveiled right in front of a bunch of demons, that was when I was using a two handed sword (never used range when I tested). But thanks greatly if you discovered the need for more than 25, thats good info.

My general claudius build is like the build that I used all that I learned from mr platinum and 3 or 4 campaign runners I made. General claudius was the funnest build I played in sacred 2.

Some mobs and bosses (e.g. The Nameless Guardian) could unveil you! I am pretty sure. So keep distance, and be ready to buff you again. I am level 109, 1 rune in Shadow Veil (around 30 with Equipment), only SP on PC. I have no defense skill (only Armor Lore for better armor). From Platinum be carefull.

I am sorry for my bad english.

Edited by nasson

I think it was furian or locoagato who said that buff suits do not work for shadow veil. By level 100 it should be no problem to eat 25 ruins. I ate maybe 100 by level 176 just to make certain as I was hardcore. The guardians are tricky because they don't come alive if you are veiled.

• 1 month later...

I put the skeletal fortification (SF) tower in a combo with frenzied rampage using a throwing star. That delivers three hits which all have rph (regeration per hit).. Around level 120 I had eaten 200 runes into SF and I could get 4 towers up at once for a split second :) This is all with the general claudius build.. The Platinum fast build was my first effort, but the general claudius build is more solid to play in niob. The platinum fast build is the one I tested for getting to platinum in a short time; that is the virtue.

• 9 years later...
33 minutes ago, Impregnate said:

Not sure if the game has changed the way the skills work but you need 5 points into weapon skills before you can take ranged. so I took tactics because it says it unlocks weapon mods

thanks for the helpful post Joshua...your first!

Welcome to DarkMatters

:superman:

gogo

• Like! 1