Are you going to get sucked in to Sacred 3?

Timotheus

Yes I will get it -

Why ? Well I'm here aren't I and anyone else who is here will most likely get it at some stage . For Myself, given that I started out playing Dungeons & Dragons with Dice on a table with a person looking at you from behind a screen making funny sounds and noises pretty well sums it up ! for myself.

So as an 'oldie Nerd' whom started with Diablo before play station days and sacred later on, a BIG yes to any new releases of these two games.

And sooner the better, heck I'm running out of years to be a gamer and I mite only be able to do this :drinks:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... if the Inquisitor makes a come back, I will definitely give it the play time it deserves.

However, I probably will end up getting it, regardless of which characters are available. :P

And another greeting from SOTW. ;)

Oh you can bet I will get sucked into S3 hook line and sinker. ^^ I'll likely wager that the experience gained during Sacred 1 and 2 will mean an awesome Sacred 3. Third time's a charm? ;) It's all about item mods for me so if it's got smart mods then I'll be good to go.

*waves to the SOTW boys* :P

Oh you can bet I will get sucked into S3 hook line and sinker. ^^ I'll likely wager that the experience gained during Sacred 1 and 2 will mean an awesome Sacred 3. Third time's a charm? :) It's all about item mods for me so if it's got smart mods then I'll be good to go.

*waves to the SOTW boys* :)

It was their plan all along, 1&2 = beta tests for the ultimate hack 'n' slash rpg...Sacred 3!

• 3 months later...

I've been playing since the early days of S1 (when there wasn't a Niobium level yet) and been in Sacred 2 from the start so I really don't see any way I won't be getting S3. Sacred 2 has disappointed me a bit but the community is what I'll get it for. Having all the old vets back and making new friends and Hardcore FTW :D

Will be interesting to see what Koch does with S3.

I will be getting S3...its a new dev team. We'll likely be able to tell the quality of the game in the first couple weeks. The new developer seems like it will be diligent with the project and do the series more than justice, will bring it to a glory it hasnt seen yet. They are interested in what the fans want. So I am just going to take a chill pill, and wait til I see what they come up with. The project is still wa too early to be able to tell if it will have LOTS of bugs. In thinking about it, any game that is as huge as the Sacred 2 series is going to have bugs, as long as they fix them in a timely matter everything will be fine. They have only annouced definite PC release, but im sure it will come out for consoles as well, maybe 6 months later at most if they decide to make it PC exclusive at the beginning. Altough I hope they dont ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I played Sacred 1 way after its release. I found Sacred plus sitting in a store for $10. It was money well spent as I played it for many hours. It was my replacement for Diablo 2 after I had played that game into the ground.

Since I had enjoyed Sacred 1 so much I bought Sacred 2 almost immediately on release. The bugs in the original release almost ruined it for me in the beginning. It was not until alot of the bugs and such were fixed that I was able to get hooked into it. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but the bugs almost killed it for me.

With the experience I had with Sacred 2 in the beginning I will be sure to wait for some time to see how the game fairs bug-wise. I will be very leery. Also, in the guessed time frame in which Sacred 3 will possibly be released there is also Diablo 3, Dungeon Siege 3, and Grim Dawn (Titan Quest's "successor"). Diablo 3 will be a definate purchase for me (Diablo popped my gaming cherry years ago), and I really enjoyed the 2 Dungeon Siege games as well as Titan Quest.

For me, Sacred 3 will have some serious competition when it is released...

Havent been a sacred player that long about 7 months or so, so im still a baby in the eyes of ascaron. However I bought sacred 2 because a friend of mine who hates RPG's bought it and told me about it so I figured if he bought it it must be good. my younger brother found a copy of sacred 1 gold in a bargin bin at PC world for like £1 have given that a go (with the deamon) but havent got far like level 10 lol.

that being said if DS can deliver the same vastness in game size, number of quests, possiblities with character builds and all the goodness seen from Sacred 2 without none of the bugs and glitches and a possibility for DLC to get new updates on consoles then my money will be well and truelly spent

• 2 weeks later...
I will be getting S3...its a new dev team. We'll likely be able to tell the quality of the game in the first couple weeks. The new developer seems like it will be diligent with the project and do the series more than justice, will bring it to a glory it hasnt seen yet. They are interested in what the fans want. So I am just going to take a chill pill, and wait til I see what they come up with. The project is still wa too early to be able to tell if it will have LOTS of bugs. In thinking about it, any game that is as huge as the Sacred 2 series is going to have bugs, as long as they fix them in a timely matter everything will be fine. They have only annouced definite PC release, but im sure it will come out for consoles as well, maybe 6 months later at most if they decide to make it PC exclusive at the beginning. Altough I hope they dont :D

(Bolded part) Heard that before - *cough!*Flagship Studios*cough!*. A little tip for would be gaming developers - there is a heck of a difference between developing a game and running a business. . .and unlike business sims, there's no 'save games' for real businesses whenever they screw up.(At least before bailouts anyway.)

I will definitely be getting S3...................do I need a reason ? Oh, ok :-

It will give me an excuse to spam the forums and bug the hell out of Llama ! :D

...............oh, and the Sacred brand ain't half bad either, so what do ya think ? :)

Sacred to the max, and awaaaaaaay. Yeah.

(Bolded part) Heard that before - *cough!*Flagship Studios*cough!*. A little tip for would be gaming developers - there is a heck of a difference between developing a game and running a business. . .and unlike business sims, there's no 'save games' for real businesses whenever they screw up.(At least before bailouts anyway.)

But at least Keen already have an existing business (hopefully with existing royalty payments to keep things ticking over) & this isn't their first game.

I purchased Sacred when it was released on the PC and enjoyed the crap out of it. The Vampress was sick. I never found the add on so I eventually stopped playing.

Being a massive D2 player with tons of chars I was waiting for the third game but alas, no console version and I'm not shoveling money into a computer anymore for gaming so screw Blizz.

I love playing Sacred 2 and will pre-order S3 for the XBox when it comes out.

I hope that S3 offers some random level creation [structures] at least for underground sections as well as more character save slots and a 'gauntlet style' online coop for those of us who simply want to crush everything in a mad way with friends without having to herd.

Zconnor

More than likely, I'll give it a shot...after all, I gave Sacred 2 a shot. I cannot help but remain skeptical of games these days, however...they all seem like shallow, glitzy, hyped fluffy croissant shells stuffed with a sugary filling that leaves you buzzed for a time before you crash down into the carbohydrate blues. Perhaps this speaks more about the demise of the small gaming studio than it does anything else. Their passion tends towards actually making games, as opposed to making gobs of money. I think of Black Isle Studios and the top-notch creative content they were cranking out...that is, until their untimely demise.

If this game is being created by those with a passion for gaming, then I have no doubt that they will resurrect the Sacred franchise like a phoenix rising from the ashes. On the other hand, if what we are looking at here falls into the modus operandi typical of the gaming industry, then prepare yourselves for another colossal disappointment. I, for one, am not content with settling with less, regardless if it bears the Sacred name or not. This is why Sacred 2 was a failure in my estimation.

• 5 months later...

I bought the North America version of sacred and thought it would get Ice And Blood but I am not buying Sacred 3 untill they patch Sacred 2 they better learn to cater to there fans.Here is a list of pros and cons in 2.43 NA version.

pros

-Graphics look awsome

-Game play is great

-Gives you a challenge at some points

-very addictive

Cons

-Not windows 7 compatible

-Game Drops you from multilayer menu if you sit there drops to desktop.

-Some Ghost in game take fire damage they are ghosts they can't take physical damage duh.

-some times the game crashes on loading caves black screen of death I call it

-some tents glitch out and put you on the roof because you can't enter it.

-I have to run game in window just to play cause full screen glitches alot also boots you to desktop.

-stuck and can't move you hit a, s, d and w and they don't work and have to use god powers to move.

Also Draw Distance needs to be fixed and better dual core support like whats up with the objects appearing when I get so close.I think NA players got ripped off the most no expansion plus bugs come on you guys are upto 2.63 now and we are on 2.43 a little help here please release a community patch to fix errors please.

Edited by kidx

Sorry to tell you mate but no one is able to create a patch to fix any code based errors. No one has access to the required source code to create such a patch. And all of the cons you mention occur in the expansion anyway.

I bought the North America version of sacred and thought it would get Ice And Blood but I am not buying Sacred 3 until they patch Sacred 2 they better learn to cater to there fans.Here is a list of pros and cons in 2.43 NA version.

pros

-Graphics look awsome

-Game play is great

-Gives you a challenge at some points

-very addictive

Cons

-Not windows 7 compatible

-Game Drops you from multilayer menu if you sit there drops to desktop.

-Some Ghost in game take fire damage they are ghosts they can't take physical damage duh.

-some times the game crashes on loading caves black screen of death I call it

-some tents glitch out and put you on the roof because you can't enter it.

-I have to run game in window just to play cause full screen glitches alot also boots you to desktop.

-stuck and can't move you hit a, s, d and w and they don't work and have to use god powers to move.

Also Draw Distance needs to be fixed and better dual core support like whats up with the objects appearing when I get so close.I think NA players got ripped off the most no expansion plus bugs come on you guys are upto 2.63 now and we are on 2.43 a little help here please release a community patch to fix errors please.

As DB said - you can pretty much forget about having the US version patched. Not entirely sure exactly what happened after Ascaron went bust as far as Deep Silver and CDV and any potential deal they could have hammered out. Obviously, it didn't happen.

At this point - 2 1/2 years after the initial release - it quite likely never will. Deep Silver is now pouring it's resources into producing Sacred 3. This makes sense - in so far as Sacred 3 will be a brand spankin' new project, and they have full control over the source code. At this point, trying to sort out someone else's code is difficult since the original developers have long since gone onto other projects - and there's no one left to ask "What in blazes were you thinking when you wrote this code...?"

I can tell you that one of the patches for Ice and Blood (2.65.1) does add Windows 7 compatibility. Of course, for that you would need the UK version (available for purchase/download at the link at the top of this page). That means pretty much ANYONE can buy it. Even us North American residents. The current exchange rate isn't too bad - $39.21 Canadian. That's for the UK version of Sacred 2 Gold - which includes both Fallen Angel and Ice and Blood.

I can report that the Sacred 2 Gold package is quite a bit more stable than the US version was under Windows 7. I can also report that I never came across those specific issues you seem to have run into. But I did have a few issues with the US Sacred 2 relating to save games not loading, crashing to desktop and so forth. All of those issues went away after loading the UK version and Ice and Blood.

This is not to say that there aren't any bugs in Ice and Blood. There are a few - but most of them are fairly minor. Correctly patched, the game works fairly well. Then there's the CM Patch that fixes a number of quest related issues, adds new weapons and armor sets, unlocks stuff that didn't quite make it into the final cut. The CM Patch does not modify any binaries - meaning the program files. That is pretty much impossible at this point without the source code.

At this point - 2 1/2 years after the initial release - it quite likely never will. Deep Silver is now pouring it's resources into producing Sacred 3

At least we hope so anyway, there hasn't actually been any news beyond confirmation it's going to be created. In fact keen games, the company who will be doing the actual developing are still advertising positions for the development team for S3 (Keen Games - Positions) on their website...so who knows if anything has even been done yet... :s

At this point - 2 1/2 years after the initial release - it quite likely never will. Deep Silver is now pouring it's resources into producing Sacred 3

At least we hope so anyway, there hasn't actually been any news beyond confirmation it's going to be created. In fact keen games, the company who will be doing the actual developing are still advertising positions for the development team for S3 (Keen Games - Positions) on their website...so who knows if anything has even been done yet... :s

Ok.. I'll amend my statement...

"Deep Silver is now allegedly pouring it's resources into producing Sacred 3."

• 3 weeks later...

If it is as good as Sacred 1, yes.

But if it is only as good as sacred 2, no.

Sacred 1 was my first RPG game, some freinds talked me into playing it, it was awesome, we played together in co-op, and that game sucked me in. Ive played many RPGs since then, but Sacred 1 rly got me hooked.

But what would get me hooked would be the return of the "Vampiress" class hehe. AND some good co-op.

I liked both games equally well. Sacred 2 mostly beacause of the huge amount of fun we got out of playhing with our clan in the servers and with the wiki and this community. MP really came alive for me in Sacred 2, but mechanics,I really enjoyed from the first. Number three's gonna have to be a nice mix for me.

:)

gogo

Well ofc I liked both games, and im looking forward to Sacred 3, when it finally comes.

As an fulltime MMO player ill have to balance my playtime abit/alot, cause yerh I think I will get sucked in as I got with both S1 & Sacred 2.

Sacred 1 I started playing single player, completed the game as Vampiress, then went online and played ALOT there, had armor sets, and soloed dragons for fun :)

Sacred 2, I liked the new game, the graphics were awesome, models very detailed, glows on weapons and armor pieces, and the huge world and the new skill system. It was alot more advanced than Sacred 1, but I liked it.

Something that is still strong in my mind is all the easter eggs in both games, I loved the graveyard toomb stones, and that many of them were made with dev names, and spoofs of something they might have done.

Thats humor when its best and it fits perfectly into sacred.

In Sacred 2, they took it just a step further, id actually say a HUGE leap, namely the concert by Blind Guardian. First of all, it was a really good song, really nice instrumental, and I still listen to it now and again. and that they rendered with monsters and ingame as a quest line, and you got the "weapons" afterwards was a really nice feat. And the guy standing in the marked singing and playing parts of the song.

And the hidden questline to get the special mount, rly nice as well (that did bug for me so I couldnt get the quest until I updated to a certain version) But it was nice still.

Sadly I never really got to the online part of the game, mainly because I started LOTRO around the time, but we did play MP co-op in LAN.. sadly the game didnt deliver the challenges we needed, but we enjoyed it none the less.

So will I get sucked into Sacred 3, if its as good as number 1 was for me, has some nice features, graphics, and at least as good as sacred 2, or better, im 100% sure I will spend more time online, than I would otherwise.

Now lets wait and see hwat they do, im kinda hoping there will be a beta, ill deffo sign for that.

Dimhilion Out

• 3 months later...

As to the matter of thsi thread's title.

Depends on whether I'm still a student by then or not. Cause my machine - well I'd compare it to a 2CV. It runs, doesn't look any special but good but that's it.

Sure if I can get a new machine or allready have one you can count me in. Otherwise I'll keep on playing flashgames I guess?

As for the matter of what I think of S1 and Sacred 2

S1 was great (quadruple dwarven cannon/mortars in a combo? HELL YEAH!), but the mainstoryline was pretty boring after beating it nearly once with every char. My online experience consists some level 80+ full set seraphim beaming everything away while I stood there dumbfounded - so I quit.

Sacred 2 is great (the difference in tense does make it look as if S1 deceased... =/ ) and I have yet to beat the storyline with most of the chars which could be because SP HC aint that easy for me. Never played online.